PDA

View Full Version : AN8 Fatality SLI

Buzz
09-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Ok I got som huge Fking problem with my stupid PC.

when i boot it i get post code 9.0
i have now bought 2 new PSU. one of them a new Zahlman 600w.
but problems contieus. the PC start but i cant get connection to the screen
tested 2 diffrent PCI-E cards without any changes.

Tho when i have the computer "lying" down and i replug the 24pin to the mobo i got the machine to start. and it works perfect. so i say to myself lets flip it over so u can have it standing while it running. BEEEEEP it freez as soon as i move it.
then its back to post 9.0 for some hours. then i remove the 24pin and plug it back in and it works again "lying down"

ive changed PSU and gfx and flashed bios, so it seems my motherboard is broken?
i know got it running on lying on my chair and im not gonna reboot the <insert bad word here> until next year or smth now

Heidfirst
09-22-2007, 09:22 AM
9.0. usually signifies a BIOS (corrupt, unsupported CPU etc.) or power (insufficent/failing PSU, short etc.).
Given what you have said have you checked to see that something isn't shorting or has a bad connection?

Buzz
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
yes i have checked all i can possible think of. even removed the motherboard and installed everything over again just to be sure.
got the latest bios, and my cpu is supported by it.
ive still havent turned off the pc and it works like normal atm and i can play games etc. still i want to be able to turn of the computer and have it stand up properly :)

im just out of ideas atm and so sick of it :/

BIKeINSTEIN
09-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Err...
This will sound really stoopid to you but ...

Can you check if your Zalman cpu cooler is mounted properly?:shrug:

I had a similar problem once when i was using my TTBT.
With the case on its side, PC worked perfect.
And the moment i would make it upright- no go.

In my case- i had mounted the TTBT lightly (not fully tight) thinking i would do the final tightening after i finished tucking away all wires.
Forgot and had this issue.
Tightened it properly and no issues.:p:

Sometimes overtightening can lead to this problem in a standing case- like one friend had with his TR Ultra120.
Also he had removed the insulation on the backplate ignorantly and that was shorting the mobo- but only when the case was made upright and the stress on the backplate increased.:eek:

Another guy had this problem when his 24-pin mainboard connector was a bit loose- maybe the mobo socket had become loose with frequent removal or the connector was improper.
But i think he was a pretty reckless chap too- didn't like the way he handled h/w.
Whenever he would push and hold the connector, pc would work fine.
and if he left the connector, it wouldn't.
I think something was shorting his mobo but he never bothered to check.
Trashed both mobo and case and bought new stuff.:shakes:

Buzz
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
gonna dubble check the cpu cooler