PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with SATA DVD Drive PLease

RubberDuck
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
How in the world do I get my wifes Asus A8V to boot off of a SATA DVD Drive ?? IT reconizes the drive in windows and works perfect. But when I go to use a bootable CD ( like windows XP ) it just wont boot to the CD. I have SATA ROM turned on in the bios but no go.

The MB is a Asus A8V bios ver 9/12/2005 .

Nazu
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Tried new bios?

zanzabar
09-21-2007, 12:25 PM
u cant do it on that board, u also cant boot from a dvd all of the time its a picky sb/bios combo

RubberDuck
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
u cant do it on that board

Why can't I do it on this board ?? Other than it not booting to Windows CD it burns DVD data & work excellent in windows.

zanzabar
09-21-2007, 12:56 PM
the via sb came out way before the idea of sata non hard drives so they didnt code it in when it came out and its been on the asus dead list since 04 so they never made a bios driver for it, but microsoft + via made drivers for windows so that works

i had tried to get this to work for about 3 weeks last year and just game up and put my nec ide back in as my primary drive

RubberDuck
09-21-2007, 01:02 PM
the via sb came out way before the idea of sata non hard drives so they didnt code it in when it came out and its been on the asus dead list since 04 so they never made a bios driver for it, but microsoft + via made drivers for windows so that works

i had tried to get this to work for about 3 weeks last year and just game up and put my nec ide back in as my primary drive

DAMMET :mad: Looks like I'll have to do that.I'll put this in my rig { hope it work there }

Thx zanzabar :yepp:

Soulburner
09-21-2007, 01:20 PM
You need to have your boot order set so that the SATA CDROM drive is listed before your hard disk with Windows installed on it.

So,

1. SATA CD/DVD Drive
2. HDD

That is, if your BIOS supports it of course.

RubberDuck
09-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Thx Guys :up: I'm going to buy a new EIDE drive for the wifes PC.

Once again thx for all the help :up: :cool: