PDA

View Full Version : First Custom Watercooling Kit

quadnad
09-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I'll be starting a new build in November, and have decided to go with a watercooling kit. My budget is roughly $250, and after doing a month's worth of research my current parts list looks like this:

Dtek Fuzion
MCR320QP
MCP655
MCRES-Micro
Masterkleer 7/16
Radbox
Yate Loon D12SL-12/D12SM-12
Worm clamps
Pentosin G11
1/2 inch barbs all around

The triple radiator will be attached to the back of my P182, and I will drill holes in the back of the case exactly how the other P180 worklog here has it.

I have a question about the Yate loon fans: I'm not much of a noise freak, but I'm not looking to find a successor to my old 80mm Vantec Tornado either. With that said, are the SM's significantly louder than the SL's? I haven't heard either. I never found the Tri-Cool fans in my P180 to be loud, so relative to that do you think I would be good with the SM's?

Otherwise I might just buy three of each, and the set I don't use on the radiator will just replace the set of Tri-Cools that are stock with the case.

Any other suggestions about my parts list?
Thanks!

Waterlogged
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Looks like half the loops around here, welcome to the copycat club. :up: ;)

quadnad
09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Looks like half the loops around here, welcome to the copycat club. :up: ;)

lol

I think it's because it's pretty much the best kind of "starter" CPU cooling kit with room to grow for the price. I did actually spend the time researching all the components, but I guess it would've been easier to copy the loop of one of the regulars :D

dr4gon
09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Well thats bout the best you can get for that price and those fans. The only thing better would be a thermochill PA120.3