PDA

View Full Version : making heat with a peltier

bowman1964
07-12-2003, 03:30 AM
ok guys i need some imput on this.

i have a 172 watt pelt that i use to make heat for a load block for testing evaperators.
now i know right now i have 13.4v x 6.0 amps =80.4watts now add the heat made during this process you get 13.4v x 6.0a x 1.4 now this = 112.56 watts. but it has a water cooled cold side to give more heat to the block but it is too hard to caculate the total heat output excaty.

now i have 2 brand new 130 watt peltiers laying around also.
what would be the best way to make large amounts of heat and me able to get a precise heat output.

i thought of using the 2 130's in a side by side plate and just let the cold side reach 0 dt and then i can just caculate volts x amps.

or what if i run them stacked would that be better.
stacking them i think? will work with lets say 13.4v x 6.0a x 1.4 + the 13.4 x 6.0a of the second one giving me a totel of 192.96 watts I THINK?

any ways any ideas?

ok tell me some ideas on how to set these up to get a fixed heat output .

saaya
07-12-2003, 10:08 AM
id try to get a heat source with a W production i already know, a resistor... ask somebody in the local electronic shop , they sure have a resistor based heatsource!

cowpuppy
07-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Mr. Bowman I admire your work. Not sure if this http://www.tetech.com/temp/
will help you and I'm sure you could come up with somthing simillar on your own. They have some products that mat inspire some ideas from you.
I belive that you may want to go with a larger pelt for more heat.
Resoning is: 2 pelts would make it heat up faster givin to there max heat. If say they can only go to 120F 2 wouldnt make it go to 240 maybe just more uniform across the cold plate or more durable to cooling down.

and I'm on your tail: Woof!