PDA

View Full Version : So Whatcha Think??? W/C Pumps...

sickboy8820
09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Alright my original plan was cool my whole system, NB, SB, GPU, CPU etc.. So I was going to run 2 X Laing DDC w/ Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Top Combo with 1X360 Rad and 1X240 Rad pulling 2.42 which is great flow... Now I came across this unit! To save space do you guys think this would be another option? Seems like a plate that connects the two DDC pumps as one... What do you think???

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=20552

Alpahcool Laing DDC Dual attachement Hardwareluxx Edition

Product Details:

The optimal attachment for 2x Laing DDC pumps.

This attachment allows the replacement of the conventional top covers of 2x Laing DDC pumps with G1/4” connections.

High security combined with increased delivery height and high pump capacity makes the Dual-Cover the first choice of power users and also for server applications.

In cooperation with users of the Hardwareluxx Forum, this cover is designed for maximal capacity due to its compact execution.

Technical data:

Dimensions (LxWxH): 87 x 67 x 20mm (without connection, without pump)
Weight: ~100g
Material: Plexiglas
Mounting: 16x M4 thread,
Connections: 3x G1/4 inch thread, 2 inlets, 1 outlet

Included in delivery:
1x DDC-Cover, 8x stainless steel screw M4x25, sealing plug G 1/4 inch

Mounting possibilities:
We recommend to use 2 similar pumps for the mounting. It is important to mount the pumps centrally to the inlet!

Lastly what do you think about this pump? 100L/H 1.8M Head...
XSPC DC1000 Water Pump (1000 liters/hr.)

Product Details:

Premium new water pump from XSPC features an amazing 1000 liters per hour!. This pump is one of the strongest flow pumps we offer and features superior construction and convenient 12V DC power input. Fittings are available in your choice of sizes. This is a great pump for hardcore water enthusiasts that have plenty of space in their cases for this powerful pump.

Features:

* Pump-performance: 1000l/h
* Delivery head: 1.8m
* Power : 12W
* Voltage: 12V (4pin Molex)
* Connection: G 1/4" thread
* Dimensions: 108x79x133mm

Thanx Guys!

SickBoy

Serpentarius
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
wont it be better to get 2 pumps instead of 2 pumps connected to each other? besides the price of it is not that appetizing

having 2 separate pumps means more freedom for creative ideas .. dual connected into 1 seems to restrict it.

sickboy8820
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Well that sorta my question... I can run two Laing DDC w/ Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Top Combo which is going to cost a little over $2 bills... Buying 2X DDC with basic top and 1XAlpahcool Laing DDC Dual attachement Hardwareluxx Edition = what type of performance??? Has anyone tried this before??? All I'm doing is connecting the two pumps and mounting them ontop of each other! I could see how this could neg flow but also see how it could help... Plus I'm saving space for another smaller pump down the road!

SickBoy

Waterlogged
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
If paired with 10W DDC's, that top is pretty potent from what I remember. It had a problem with 18W pumps though.

That XSPC pump looks a little weak even with the high LPH. 1.8M = roughly 71" and it pulls 12W's, I have CSP-Mags that have higher head pressure 2.3M (90.5") and only pulls 8W's while having a much lower flow rate (540LPH).

leo_bsb
09-17-2007, 05:22 AM
the second one seems weak. It is similar to a pretty old aquarium pump I used in old school WC projects.

Kayin
09-17-2007, 05:32 AM
The XSPC pump is a Hydor L30. Avoid it like the plague.

Waterlogged
09-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Kayin;2436731']The XSPC pump is a Hydor L30. Avoid it like the plague.

Um, no it's not. I have a Hydor L30 and L35 and neither one looks exactly like that. They are similar, but not the same.

I'm not sure where you got the idea the L30 is a bad pump but, it served me quite well for almost 2 years before being retired to testing use only status.

Personally, I'd go with 2 DDC's w/Petra's top if space was available, if not, the top in the OP should work well with DDC 3.1's.

lazy
09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
hey waterlogged, you mention you have a csp-mag. will that pump be enough for just cooling a dtek gfx?

Waterlogged
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
hey waterlogged, you mention you have a csp-mag. will that pump be enough for just cooling a dtek gfx?

With what rad?...and unless you have one, it's kind of a pointless question, as they're no longer available.

sickboy8820
09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds Good! I'm not liking the idea the top might have issues with 18w series... The XSPC looked decent - not for my rig but wondered what others thought about it since it's new and pushed 100L/H... I should enough space for 2xPetra's so I'll end up going that route.... & maybe buying this top down the road if I want another 2 pumps considering I won't have enough space then!

Thanx guys!

SickBoy

NaeKuh
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
The dual DDC setup will protect you from pump failure.

Also i believe dual DDC-3.2 will give you more head.

lazy
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
With what rad?...and unless you have one, it's kind of a pointless question, as they're no longer available.

i didnt know they were unavail... i was goin to to use a mcr 2x120

i don really think i would need a ddc pump to cool a non oc gts

sickboy8820
09-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Not sure what to do... Yeah this "TOP" kinda compares to RAID 1 or is it more like 5 etc... Meaning yeah it should give me more head room, protect me from pump failure or at least provide a fail safe for a short period of time.... BUT investing in 2XDDC plus this top we're jumping over the $200 mark.. Money isn't a huge issue and seems the DDC is the BEST option I have outside of buyin another PSU for the Iwaki or however they're spelled... Darn it this isn't easy! I would have thought someone tried it before or knew someone with one... Some reviews are posted with great results but I don't know them.. Yeah I don't know you guys either but been around for some time reading and reading and reading! My hundredth rig built and really wanna have fun and not stress over this or that! It's all going in a TJ07 so I have room but don't have room... Just got my Enermax Infinti 720W so I have enough for 1X360 and 1X240 w/ fans and pumps (barely)... Gotta think about this one!

Thanx guys / gals

SickBoy

Waterlogged
09-18-2007, 11:02 AM
i didnt know they were unavail... i was goin to to use a mcr 2x120

i don really think i would need a ddc pump to cool a non oc gts

Sorry, I kind of forgot about this. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0001.gif

Seems I "might" be wrong about those being no longer available. I found a store that has the pump but with FluidXP+ badging. The bad news is, I've never bought from the store before and they have no reviews available on Reseller Ratings, but they are listed.

Store: http://store.integrity-pc.com/integrity-pc/details.asp?item=FXPMAGNUM

Reseller Rating: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Integrity_PC

As to the pump, block, rad question. I can't really say because I just don't know enough about that block. I can however, give a guideline as to what you might be able to expect if you follow through with this. My gut tells me, you'd be real close to being below 1GPM which is close to being bad.

The following is testing results with my Mag, 12/8 tubing w/push-in fittings, Apogee Extreme, BI extreme X-Flow with 12" runs between components and an old fuel pressure gauge.

70.280 GPH @ ~3.05 PSI

With 2 mags in series I got

86.131 GPH @ ~6.0 PSI

A MCW60 is basically a Apogee Extreme and the FuzionGFX has a good bit more restriction as tested by Martainm210
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157994