PDA

View Full Version : Gray's WC Plans!

Gray5000
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
:D First off, Hi! This forum has been great up to now, there's some really useful information for anyone new to the WC scene like myself. :up:

I’m looking to replace my current Air Cooled and none OCed system. I’ve not dabbled with overclocking before but have always wanted to give it a whirl, and with going for water cooling I think it would be sinful not to.

The hardware I’d like to say I know enough about, it’s the WCing I need a hand with, hence me writing this post. I didn’t want to ask the same old questions so I’ve spent time searching all over the Web, these forums along with many others, and even watched some home made videos on youtube lol…

After all that though, I’ve still not been able to find a solid answer about a few things:

Reservoirs look cool when you have them on display like on Swiftech’s little window on their custom Antec P180, a 5¼” drive bay Res. or Aqua-Computer’s Aquatube; something like that. Would it be bad to have more than one Reservoir in one loop, something tells me it would as there'd be more water to shift, but I’m not sure. I’ve even been thinking I could have one filled and just cut off from the loop on its own just to look cool lol.

I’ve read mixed views on how many radiators to use, I’m set on using a Thermochill PA120.3 – if not a 2nd PA120.2 and will be looking to cool, an Intel Q6600EE + 1xGeForce 8800 or ATI equivalent (Unsure of which has the most OCing potential atm. I will be getting a second GPU by Xmas aswell). Then there is also the Norht/South Bridge which I know from peoples comments there is no point in WCing them unless you’re doing some hefty OCing, but I think I may be. The Mobo is an Asus Blitz Formula SE, this has WCing built into the N/S HSs anyway so it’s WC ready. What do you think?

Here’s the full system I’m planning on: :yepp:

Antec P182 - Gum Metal Black (Custom Black Interior FTW! + Window!)
Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
Asus Blitz Formula Special Edition
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 2.40GHz
Crucial Ballistix 2GB 1066MHz
2x High-End Graphics Cards (still debating)
Already have HDDs, CD/DVD Drives.

Thermochill PA120.3 Rad.
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Res.
I’ve not begun to study the blocks yet, I thought I’d stick with finding the wright Pump, Res, and Rad, first.

I’ll finish the post here even though I could probably write another 10 pages of queries lol.

Raxxath
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Asus Blitz Formula Special Edition

If you don't already have this, then its probably going to be very difficult to obtain. Apparently Asus discontinued it about a month after it was released, due to an upcoming chipset (X38, I would imagine).

I've been checking all the stores for it myself, but its all sold out from names I trust. I hope they remake the board with X38, it had some of the best reviews I've ever seen.

IcY18
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
The Asus Blitz Formula if i recall only has 1/4 fittings, which you would not want if you're going to water cool your system. You'd be much better off getting separate blocks/heatsinks for the nb/sb on different Asus P35 mobo.

Dualist
09-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I've got one and they're 3/8 fittings but the block hasn't got the best flow in the world.

Should be a nice build :) Welcome to XS :up:

The_Beast
09-17-2007, 02:16 PM
nice build

but get a PA120.3 and not a PA120.2 to be safe