PDA

View Full Version : Max aprox FSB for a KG7 and Samsung PC2700?

sforza
07-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Hello, i'm new here at the Xtreme forums, hello everybody :)

And now my question: I've just got a stick of Samsung memory, the good one (Samsung PCB, single sided, CB3, etc etc). I have have a KG7 board, as my sig says.

How high do you think I could go?

I can't do any tests till wednesday, so at the moment i have it on my mobo, but toghether with my "old" mushkin.

I readed at MrIcee's guide of recomended settings that he got aprox 171FSB with this board, but of course, at that moment there was no Samung memory availiable.

Has anyone tested this memory on a KG7? any idea how high i could go?

thanks in advance.:)

Trevor
07-08-2002, 05:55 PM
Using MrIcee's guide I get 169fsb using samsung ram and corsair ram.

sforza
07-17-2002, 03:28 AM
well, i couldn't resist and finally got this stick of samsung ram :D

It works perfectly, i only have reached 160Mhz FSB with my other stick toghether. All the pci cards were plugged, too, so i expect to get a little higher FSBs with them unplugged.

If anyone is thinking on getting a samsung ram stick, don't worry about compatilities, it works perfectly :)

Snorre
07-17-2002, 04:06 AM
Hey guys,

I was only able to o/c my system to 145MHZ FSB. And it seems that my NIC was toasted by that! Where to get this MrIcee's guide? Also my Memory Benchmark in Sandra really sucks, got a bandwith of 1900MB/S, thats on KT266 level and that sucks :(.

My RAM settings:

Host Clock: 133MHZ
SDRAM Frequency: HCLK +33
CL: 2.5
Row Precharge Time: 3T
Ras Pulse Width: 6T
Ras to Cas Delay: 3T
Bank Interleave: 4 Way
Burst Length: 8 QW
SDRAM 1T Command: disabled
FastCommand: Ultra

sforza
07-17-2002, 05:26 AM
You can find those settings here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1186

MrIcee
07-17-2002, 08:36 AM
Snorre:)

I answered your other thread my friend...go check it out. My guide mentioned above is soley for the Abit KG-7 and will be totally irrelevant to your setup of the MSI board:)

Randi:D

JBELL
07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
max Overclocks can NOT be set in stone for every situation.

You have way too many variables like:

-Product Quality
-age of product
-climate of where you live
-overall system components and what is mixed together with what

etc etc etc

To ask what will this overclock to is a crap shoot and honestly not fair to ask.... there is only one way to really know what THAT chip will do.

Trevor
07-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by sforza
..i only have reached 160Mhz FSB..
Not haveing your ram matched may also have an affect, try one stick=the samsung.