PDA

View Full Version : MSI K9N-Neo bios with cpu voltage

lcdc
09-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I need some bios for MSI K9N-Neo (MS-7260 ver.2.0), that will allow to change cpu voltage. If anyone can help, it would be great...

Thaks a lot

gOtVoltage
09-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I need some bios for MSI K9N-Neo (MS-7260 ver.2.0), that will allow to change cpu voltage. If anyone can help, it would be great...

Thaks a lot

Here is a link below. These guys used the ULTRA bios and it is not recomended. It is too unstable...after Many Bios Flashes for 570/550 chipsets the K9n Platinum Bios Version 1.7 works the best and is 100% stable..

http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sisubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000490

Use the K9n Platinum BIOS version 1.7

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=252

Download the manual so you know what settings to disable and enable..

Just in case you cant find manual... Use thes settings and then every thing else is same as K9n-neof

MCP55 ACPI HPET TABLE (enabled)
USB and Leagacy support (same asNeo-f)
Audio (same as Neo-f)
Use MAC LAN (0) and DISABLE MAC LAN (1)
SATA you must set at (0/1)
PCI-E Lock too (101) for overclocking

Spread Spectrum configuration (DISABLE ALL SPREAD SPECTRUMS) Overclocking

COOL n QUIET (Disable)
Max Vcore = up to 1.65v
Memory Volts = up to 2.45v

You will need to Disable MCP55 to AM2(CPU) FREQ AUTO =(DISABLED)to set the HT manualy!

Your HTmanual settings are (MCP55)to CPU and are adjusted by 1000=5x,800=4x,600=3x,300=2x,200=1x

I have tested the 1.5,1.6,1.7 Platinum bioses for 2years now 100% stable...

Once you flash the Bios set the CORRECT Volts for your memory and CPU...then enable disable your devices reboot and double check every thing .Once you confirm proper funtion of all your devices you can have fun Overclocking...

Note: Some motherboards can only handle up to 1.53vcore while using memory above 2.2volts... this is not the Bioses fault. Its just some boards handle more than others.

This will work and when your done if you run CPU-Z it should read as follows. Notice it will no longer be a 7260:D

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u192/darrellsierra/1.jpg

lcdc
09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
It is not working for me :-( . All looks fine, but when I save bios settings, I got bios checksum error and all is always default values. The bios don`t save settings. I don`t know to flash old bios, because I not get thru post screen(allways the error). Have you some suggestion for this?

Thanks a lot...

EDIT: Error is CMOS CHECKSUM BAD

gOtVoltage
09-14-2007, 01:46 AM
It is not working for me :-( . All looks fine, but when I save bios settings, I got bios checksum error and all is always default values. The bios don`t save settings. I don`t know to flash old bios, because I not get thru post screen(allways the error). Have you some suggestion for this?

Thanks a lot...

EDIT: Error is CMOS CHECKSUM BAD

try pressing the DEL key right affter you start PC to see if it loads the BIOS menu..

got your Pm too

lcdc
09-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Bios menu is ok, but when a choose save and exit, it reboots, but nothing is saved. Always the CMOS Checksum BAD... Is it possible to flash bios right after pc starts? Because I don`t get to boot from anything...

lcdc
09-14-2007, 03:21 AM
I got it working, but cpu fan is don`t moving. Is there some settings? I have set to 45 smartfan, but nothing happends... Bios is working fine, but the fan is death ;-) . It allow me to change cpu voltage up to 1,3V (I have EE 4200+ X2).

gOtVoltage
09-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I got it working, but cpu fan is don`t moving. Is there some settings? I have set to 45 smartfan, but nothing happends... Bios is working fine, but the fan is death ;-) . It allow me to change cpu voltage up to 1,3V (I have EE 4200+ X2).

Im checking my Bios for ya ...

I have Always run my Fans using 100%FULL Fan SPEED,Even in stock Bioses SmartFAN can Fail...

Make shure (Smart Fan Target) is DISABLED

Make shure (System Fan Control) is DIsabled

This will run the Fan @100% ...Your Cpu Fan Speed will display the Maxiumum Fan speed and that is the Highest speed your fan can do and will be set too.
Look in your case and the CPU fan should be going full speed...

Also the (System Temp) and (CPU temp funtion) will register the propper temps:up:Ive verifeid all settings using SINGLE CORE and X2 DUAL CORE up too 5600+on this Motherboard...the 6000+ should be able to work but then it may over power the MotherBoard when overclocking above 3.2ghz...If ya keep it cool you ma be able to get away with using one on Less Vcore.:yepp:

As for CPU Voltageit will be 1.31vcore when set to 1.3v and you will need need to use ADJUST EXTRA CPU VOLTAGE (V)..it will add up to .35v more Vcore

1.3v+.05= 1.35v, 1.3v+.10v= 1.40v , al the way up to 1.65vcore....

Now your board may only go upto 1.45vcore if you are using more than 2.2Volts on the DDR...This has to do with what the board can handle:up: Some can go Higher . Also make shure you cool or put a small fan OVER that big GREY 550 Heatsink they get real hot when you start Overclocking .Hmm to think there hot to begin with for the K9n-neof... You should be able to go above 250FSB and with the correct settings you should be able obtain a 3.1-3.2ghz overclock easy....It all depends on your CPU and how good your HEATSINK cools...The more it cools the Less Vcore you should have too use and the Higher Overclock can then be Obtained..

try that and let me know...

lcdc
09-15-2007, 01:37 AM
CPU fan is not working, but I have used a sys fan connector. Fan is no more problem ;-) . I testing now 240x11, but max vcore is 1.288V . When I set it 1.3V + everithing from adjust cpu voltage, that don`t work. Maybe the EE X2 is not the right one for OC :-) . I go to buy a MSI SLI Platinum nforce 570, maybe it work better. Max temp on box is 50, but I have home a watercooling system, that I will use for this PC.

I want to thank you for helping me. I thing, that without your help I`m still searching for some sollution... Thanks a lot

gOtVoltage
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
So far it looks like your motherboard may be faulty , I have run this bios on four other boards with out a problen and im running a 5600+ one my back up PC....So i would say something is not right with the voltage regulators if it wont change stock or with 1.7bios....

Try setting the EXTRA Voltage that is above the Vcore setting in Bios Cell Menu?

You will need to Set Vcore to 1.3v then ADD the EXTRA Volt setting to give you more...On my K9neo-f you should be able to easily get 1.53v with the extra Voltage adjustment...

Well i hope it works .....That bios does work for the Vcore so ,If it dosnt work i guess look for a great deal on the MSI Platinum board...They Oc pretty decent , 570-590 chipset is going to be your best bet and there are some pretty decent boards out there..

Hemi
09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
g0tvoltage
I just picked up this board and was surprised to find no cpu voltage or multiplier
in the bios. This board k9n neo 7260ver1 will not boot with a 6000 or any chip that is 125 watts. 89 watts or lower. I have had no luck trying to flash this ami bios. I have made a boot disk using drdos afud408 and bios ver 1.7 all i get is different errors when trying to flash. not shure about this ami bios flashing, what do i type when i get to the A prompt ?

gOtVoltage
09-18-2007, 11:51 AM
g0tvoltage
I just picked up this board and was surprised to find no cpu voltage or multiplier
in the bios. This board k9n neo 7260ver1 will not boot with a 6000 or any chip that is 125 watts. 89 watts or lower. I have had no luck trying to flash this ami bios. I have made a boot disk using drdos afud408 and bios ver 1.7 all i get is different errors when trying to flash. not shure about this ami bios flashing, what do i type when i get to the A prompt ?

Ok after some digging around for you guys ....to date the 6000+ is not supported for Voltage that is required 1.45core...the only way for a 6000+ too work is maybe a VoltMod and i have found NONE at this time...I used The 5600+ 5200+ and a 4800+Bris with sucsess and lower Procs are supported ....

Using the Platinum K9n Bios for MCP570chip set does work for 5600+ and lower 89watt CPU's....

As for the A:\ flash command for the 1.7bios you need to type. Exactly how it is below in the A:\

A:\AFUD408EXE A7250NMS170 and then follow the BIOS Flas instuction to overwrite old BIos.. I always keep a copy of the Correct version for the motherboard in case the Flash dont work...It usually works:yepp:

Make shure you make a sytem BOOTDISK and COPY THESE TWO EXTRACTED FILES TO THE BOOTDISK..
AFUD408andA7250NMS.170These are the only two files you will copy to the boot disk...You must have the the New Bios folder extracted to C:\ or your desktop then copy only the two files to disk...

Once the Flash is done, Disable any unused features in the BIOS and set the correct voltage for memory.. Then set the CPU Vcore too 1.3vcore and give it EXTRA Vcore up .35v if needed. CPU-Z will show your Board as the Same Revision Number as before but with the 7250 bios..

As for you MotherBooard the Rev1 works with this bios..
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=252 USE Bios 1.7Make shure you adjust the option ,ADJUST EXTRA CPU Voltage(V)[0.05v] ...NOTE: the default is 0.05v and you can raise it to 0.35:up:

Note; This is the correct way it needs to be typed when flashing( A:\AFUD408.EXE A7250NMS.170 and then follow the BIOS Flas instuction to overwrite old BIos

Hemi
09-18-2007, 05:23 PM
g0tvoltage
i was able to flash it the first time using what you wrote. I could not get the dots and exe just right to make it happen. I could not get the board to complete post and start loading vista at first. It took awhile before i got it to work right. load factory defaults first then change sata device to 0 or 0/1. 0/1/2 will not work as you posted. the bios works alot better than what it had to bad msi could not get this right. ran 3d mark 03 and spi no problems. i was going to ebay this board and try something else. now i will seen what i can get overclock wise on this board. thank you for all the help

lcdc
09-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Now I have MSI K9N SLI PLATINUM(MS-7250 ver.1.2) and I`m happy. It`s big difference from K9N-Neo.

gOtVoltage
09-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Now I have MSI K9N SLI PLATINUM(MS-7250 ver.1.2) and I`m happy. It`s big difference from K9N-Neo.

Cool deal ....The K9n-neo-f is just a plain jane board , Sometimes they work sometimes they dont...

The K9N Platinum is a big step forward.....im shure you will be happy with it..
If your gonna Overclock just take your time and go in lil steps to achieve your goal:up:

Hemi
09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
the bios did work good, could not get but 1.4 or 1.425 out of this k9n neo. just not enough volts. just put the crosshair back in with the 4600 and fresh install of vista 64. going to see what i can get out of this 4600

vyaw2003
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
hello,
I have this board and have found it was a crappy bios with everything locked out.
So you say that i can put a MSI K9N SLI PLATINUM(MS-7250 ver.1.2) on my standard K9N-Neo?
Are there any compaibilty issues? What models work? Mine is a k9n neo, ver 2.0 (found that in my motherboard booklet).
Let me know how you go. also i am going to need a floppy drive for this? will it work off USB stick, otherwise i will have to pull the floppy out of my old machine.

How come you chose to run with Bios ver 1.2, when you can get 1.8? wont that one work?? Is that the only one that works on a neo. What happens if it breaks is the warranty void with the wrong bios? Using XP SP2 x64 if that makes any difference.

gOtVoltage
09-24-2007, 12:35 AM
hello,
I have this board and have found it was a crappy bios with everything locked out.
So you say that i can put a MSI K9N SLI PLATINUM(MS-7250 ver.1.2) on my standard K9N-Neo?
Are there any compaibilty issues? What models work? Mine is a k9n neo, ver 2.0 (found that in my motherboard booklet).
Let me know how you go. also i am going to need a floppy drive for this? will it work off USB stick, otherwise i will have to pull the floppy out of my old machine.

How come you chose to run with Bios ver 1.2, when you can get 1.8? wont that one work?? Is that the only one that works on a neo. What happens if it breaks is the warranty void with the wrong bios? Using XP SP2 x64 if that makes any difference.

Actually the(Platinum 1.7bios) for K9n-neoF Rev1 should do fine....The 1.7 should work ok on the K9n-neoF rev2 version aswell:yepp:Have used both under XP32bit and XpPro64bit with no problems and the USB and on board sound and other devices still work the same..:up:

vyaw2003
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
does this bios give you the options like abilty to change the multiplier, all those things that are looked out of k9n. That would be the only reason that i would want to change bioses. In CPUz does it say you have a neo, or a platnium?
Also you say k9n neoF i am pretty sure mine is just a k9n neo whats the difference with the F?

Hemi
09-24-2007, 06:03 PM
i flashed mine and it gave multiplier,a little more cpu volts and just as stable as original. it will show platinum screen on boot and i think cpuz will say plat 7250 instead of 7260. i also tried bios 1.8 Just make a backup copy before you flash

vyaw2003
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
sweet, do i have to use a floppy to do this? is it safe enough to do this off a USB floppy drive?
which is the best Platnium bios to use 1.2 through to 1.8 to use on a k9n neo?

Hemi
09-25-2007, 02:41 AM
not shure about usb. having a floppy around just to flash when needed is the way to go. use 1.8 and remember to set sata as posted above

vyaw2003
09-26-2007, 01:20 AM
gotVoltage
I went to Platnium 1.8 on a neo board, usb usb floppy fine
My fan is also dead, any ways to get it ready.
Make shure (Smart Fan Target) is DISABLED

Make shure (System Fan Control) is DIsabled

i tried enabling it with no success, fan still wont work.???

This will run the Fan @100% ...Your Cpu Fan Speed will display the Maxiumum Fan speed and that is the Highest speed your fan can do and will be set too.

I might try the different versions going backwards and see if that makes any difference.......

CHANGED MY MIND---i have 1 cpu fan and 2 fans on the motherboard, using both the 2 fan outlets instead of the cpu fan. will that run the cpu fan fast enough/flat out?

vyaw2003
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
running my cpu fan is running off a sys fan on the motherboard, i dont think it goes as fast?? It has been sitting on 40 degrees C all night 3 above its regular temp.
Are there any firmware Platnium versions were the cpu fan on a k9n neo works? Considering going back to k9n 2.2 bios.

vyaw2003
09-27-2007, 02:14 AM
i decided to go back the the k9n bios, versions 2.2 2.1 and 2.0 wont go on?
It comes up with a bios rom file size incorrect?
So i thought it maybe something to do with having my CPU fan running off the sys fan connector instead of the cpu connector, so i swapped them back and it made no difference, is there anyway to safelly rollback???
Seems i am now stuck with platnium 1.8 and it is not functioning at all.:confused:
Now it wont boot at all, cant even get to boot to floppy, only get to the bios.
wouldnt recommend this MOD at all
Tried the manual jumpers to reset the cmos. still wont boot. expensive experiement, i think i will just go and buy a platnium.

gOtVoltage
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
i decided to go back the the k9n bios, versions 2.2 2.1 and 2.0 wont go on?
It comes up with a bios rom file size incorrect?
So i thought it maybe something to do with having my CPU fan running off the sys fan connector instead of the cpu connector, so i swapped them back and it made no difference, is there anyway to safelly rollback???
Seems i am now stuck with platnium 1.8 and it is not functioning at all.:confused:
Now it wont boot at all, cant even get to boot to floppy, only get to the bios.
wouldnt recommend this MOD at all
Tried the manual jumpers to reset the cmos. still wont boot. expensive experiement, i think i will just go and buy a platnium.

You have to run the most recent 2.2 to support a 5600+ or lower and 6000+ is not recomended , It may or may not work with 6000+,Even MSI says the Mobo physically can not handle a 125watt cpu,It wont supply enuff Vcore even with a modded bios 125watt is a lil bit for that board to chew on :yepp:

Your old Bios Flash should work , if it dosnt you may need to pull cpu then clear Cmos and make shure defaults are loaded then reboot and Reflash old Bios...

So far out of about 12 people who have done this ive only seen two boards not be happy with the Bios upgrade.....I just flashed mine to 1.8 and then back to 1,7 with out a problem... The 1.7Bios Platinum runs my 5600+ like a dream and ive never had a problem with Fans!....You mobo might just be real finicky...Most of ther time ther is no prob with fans, Yours is the second one ive seen in about 1 1/2 years...that didnt like the flash.:yepp:

vyaw2003
09-30-2007, 01:05 PM
msi wont fix it i had to buy a new one, ended up with a ABIT- seems good so far, only issue is USB keyboard wont work on boot so i can't change which OS i boot to ???

Hemi
09-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Look in the bios under usb for keyboard support. It may or may not have support in there

aythrea
01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Don't mean to revive a dead thread, however I've run into a bit of a problem.
Specs:
MSI K9N-Neo
AMD 5200+ X2 64, Windsor Model
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR 800
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTO
Promise Card Of IDE expansion fun. (I don't know the stats on this.)
Several harddrives I care not to spec out right now.

Walked through the above flash process grudgingly. Came to the end, got a successful flash, and now the system doesn't boot. Does anyone happen to have the 7260 Bios on hand? I can't seem to find it. Yes, I can get into the Bios, however I can't boot beyond the promise card

~Edit~
Removed some hardware, made a few adjustments, and now it's running fairly smoothly.
...First Bios swap and Overclock in short order. Figures.

xbbdc
01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
gotvoltage helped me out over on the hardforums... i flashed it and it works fine (this was back in like august or something)... now i just want some help in trying to overclock this thing.. i think its the board itself not the bios. previously i had an athlon 3800+ 2.4ghz which i was able to overclock to 2.8ghz, but now it doesnt wanna go faster than 2.8ghz :(

x13
06-10-2008, 12:14 AM
is this thread still alive?

ok i have updated my BIOS to ULTRA ver 1.7 and everything is fine, but i cannot go higher then 1.25V ... the "ADD EXTRA CPU VOLTAGE" function is not working... any ideas?
best regards!

x13
06-16-2008, 09:06 PM
bump... i need help guys...

gOtVoltage
06-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey been away for a while....Ill post some settings and few things try,,Tuesday17th( tomorrow).....Spent Fathers day at hospital with my DAD........He's in recovery now after several surgeries....been long weekend......

Thanx ,gOtVolTage

He, i like 13 and 777

informal
06-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Hey been away for a while....Ill post some settings and few things try,,Tuesday17th( tomorrow).....Spent Fathers day at hospital with my DAD........He's in recovery now after several surgeries....been long weekend......

Thanx ,gOtVolTage

He, i like 13 and 777

Hi man,sorry to hear about health problems your father has.I hope he gets well soon.

x13
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
ouh, im sorry aswell for your problems brother... everything will be fine, we hope so.

gOtVoltage
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi man,sorry to hear about health problems your father has.I hope he gets well soon.

ouh, im sorry aswell for your problems brother... everything will be fine, we hope so.

Thanx guys....im trying the 1A and 1B Bioses with a 1620LE...i couldnt find my 1640 but so far the Voltage with both BIOSES i can raisse to 1.3v and only ADD= +.05...

seems that when i ran the 5600+ it let get up to 1.45v..... the Bioses may be CPU based for xtra voltage.....My 6000+i would put in this thing but im shure it would cook this thing..

photobucket was hacked earlier so i cant download the BIOs screens ....:mad:

for now heres a link to all the Bioses ive tested with this Mobo @ MSI for thr k9N Neo Platinum 570MCP which works on the K9n Neo-f MCP550....

the best bioses have been 1.6 and 1.7 and 1.11/1B... it seems the Mobo will allow more vcore with a higher multi chip....it allows my 1620LE to only 1.32volts....

My highest Closk is only 2.88mhz with 1.32vcore and stock cooler...;)

MSI BIOS Page for Platinum 570MCP..These are the ONLY BIOSES that can be use besides the stock k9n neo-f bioses...Do not use Platinum (570SLi Bioses) only 570platinum from link below. Ive tried the SLI ones and they are not compatable only 550/570MCP Bioses can be used on K9Nneo-F:yepp:

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=252

1.11 and 1A and 1.7 are the best ones , Im curently testing the 1.11 ATM..Im also rechecking some of the New K9n-f Bioses to see if i can get the vcore to work better than the platinums...

ill post pics once photobucket is back up

thanx ,gotVoltage

x13
06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
brother check this out :

ftp://ftp.msi.com.tw/

id:jerryuser
password: msiuser

/BIOS

hope it could help ;)

gOtVoltage
06-18-2008, 12:27 AM
brother check this out :

ftp://ftp.msi.com.tw/

id:jerryuser
password: msiuser

/BIOS

hope it could help ;)

Ill cross referance the 7250 and 7260 Bioses tomorrow.....It seems all bioses above 1.9 Stock K9N version 1 are suppose to have adjustable Vcore and V2 3x bioses...7250 is platinum and 7260's are k9N neo-f...They may have coded the Bioses to where Higher Multi Chips allow more Vcore...My LE1620 is suppose to have 1.25/1.35/1.4 for CnQ...This also means the Mobo should be able to Adjust it to 1.4v as well when CnQ is disabled...This is How My 5600+ worked in the same mobo and up to 1.45volts...So i kno wthis mobo does it .. its just buggy....

The 7250-1.11/1B Platinum Bios @2.88ghz FSB240 and 1.31volts...1.25v is default and i can set 1.3v but when i add + 1 or higher it only gets to 1.31v..

Thanxs for the Link.... a big help now i dont have to hunt the other twenty Bioses down:ROTF:...

Msi newest Bioses are suppose to change Vcore on the K9N neo-f all versions 1xx,,3xx

ill know more tomorrow....

P.S this may sound funny ,,but you are pressing the - and or + key after you highlight the (add Vcore) to chnge the Volts right?

x13
06-18-2008, 01:07 AM
yes brother :)
manually set the vcore to max available 1.25 and adding + 3.0 extra volgate and it is still working on 1.25V
tried +0.5, +0.1 no difference, not adding anything

gOtVoltage
06-18-2008, 01:24 AM
yes brother :)
manually set the vcore to max available 1.25 and adding + 3.0 extra volgate and it is still working on 1.25V
tried +0.5, +0.1 no difference, not adding anything

well i gotta get some sleep....

Your K9N a version1 or version3 ? Also have you ever loaded the Bios Default then tried the Overclock settings and Vcore?....SOme times after a Flash the Volts can be buggy... tired and thunk brain cant think:ROTF: ill try some of those Bioses later this afternoon

x13
06-22-2008, 03:25 AM
version 1 it is
and yes i did load the bios defaults :)

kamango
06-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Guys can I flash my Ultra-2F to Platinum. Or better question, what are the differences?

Ive reached allready 350 FSB with Ultra.

informal
06-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Guys can I flash my Ultra-2F to Platinum. Or better question, what are the differences?

Ive reached allready 350 FSB with Ultra.

Yes you can,but i wouldn't recommend it since it will get you nothing new.You have a sweet OC in your rig,just stay with it ,not worth the trouble in my opinion.

gOtVoltage
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes you can,but i wouldn't recommend it since it will get you nothing new.You have a sweet OC in your rig,just stay with it ,not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Yes you could,,, But you should stick with what you have....This board is real sensitive to get that high stable...Congrats and good work ...Im still testing some Bioses and will have more info in a few days on extra volts ...So far it seems the Higher CPU you start with (Xmulti) it give Higher Voltage at startup for CPU...This is how the Bioses seem to be from MSI..They scale Volts automaticaly (adjust higher with CPU multi) Just set to max Vcore then add the Xtra...Some boards will adjust and some may not... This is due to the Mosphets used for the Power Phases..

Ill know more later, will keep you posted..

x13
06-25-2008, 04:07 AM
damn. i had this idea about "some BIOSes add, some dont". ok bro im trying aswell different bioses... older versions. if nothing happen in 1 week ill go for upgrade. damn msi...
best regards