PDA

View Full Version : i think my ipod 30g just bit it - ideas?

sky
09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
hm
so i've been listening to my ipod a few mins ago and on selecting a new track it just went silent. nothing. the backlight turned off, as i set it to, after two seconds. the song title is in the display, but it's sitting at 0:00 of 4:26. i tried turning it off. no deal. actually it doesn't react to ANY input whatsoever. and yes i'm aware of the slider at the top. i had it in both settings and it doesn't make a difference. i can press pause for 10mins flat and nothing happens. it will not shut down, let alone 5 secs.
so i connected it to my mbp and... NOTHING. it doesn't show up. it's screen doesn't light up on connecting telling me not to disconnect or anything. wow. i'm pissed. that thing is just over 3 month old (bought june 6th this year).

any ideas what to do?

i'm going to let it sit until it's battery runs dry (shouldn't be too long, i hope) and then try rehooking it to my mac to give it some new juice. see if that'll fix it. if not, i guess i have to drop it off and see if i get a replacement or something.

/bleeding it seems to have fixed the issue. we'll see. i've never a had a prob when it ran out of juice before. it would at least react somewhat. if only to show me the apple logo. this time NADA

lowfat
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Next time try resetting the ipod first. hold center button and the top button for 10 seconds.

And that is what generally happens if it runs completely out of power. It takes 10 or so minutes to show up on the computer or anything on the screen.

sky
09-15-2007, 02:35 AM
i've had it run out of batt before. it woud just shut down completely, turn off. not display ANYTHING. at best i could press a button for some time and it would display the apple logo and then go back to dead.
this time, it just did nothing, and as i said. resetting, shutting down NOTHING did work. i couldn't even recharge it (!!!!) it was stuck, crashed. this was def. not normal behaviour. it actually resembled what the 4y old ipod of a friend does. and that ipod is def. on its way to the eternal trashresorts...

Larry
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
I remember my friends ipod crashed amd he took it in to the shop and the guy banged it on the table and it started up again try this at your own risk btw