PDA

View Full Version : max memory for Canon s2

mutambo
09-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't get info on max memory for s2 on net, can i put a 4gb SD card in canon s2 ?

Jimmer411
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Highly doubtful. According to the last post in this thread http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203

Hi, Peter et al:

Just to confirm, all current EOS digitals can be used with high-capacity CF cards (above 2GB). As of January 2006, the SD Card Organization had not yet ratified a standard for SD cards with capacities higher than 2GB. They issued a press release confirming that fact, and announcing that they were working on anew standard to be called SDHC, for "SD High Capacity." The good news is that the SDHC standard has finally been ratified, and we are expecting firmware updates for all Mark II EOS digital SLRs over the next few months. The potentially bad news is that at least some of the currently available 4GB SD cards may not meet SDHC standards. If you have any questions on this, I would suggest that you contact the card manufacturer or distributor. In the meantime, the Mark II cameras currently cannot format high-capacity SD cards in camera, although many users report successful results formatting such cards with their computers.

Best Regards,

Chuck Westfall
Director/Media & Customer Relationship
Camera Marketing Group/Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I know the same holds true for many other devices that use the cards as well.

Soulburner
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I have been using Transcend 150x 4gb SD cards in my Canon S3. I have filled them to the max and cleared them several times with no problems.

I am not sure about the Canon S2 but it shouldn't be much different.

mutambo
09-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Highly doubtful.

I agree,when s2 was out 4gb's are not available much.

Yes, s3 takes 4gb high speed too.

Thanks a lot for the info.