PDA

View Full Version : thermaltake armor question for wc

jasyn
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM
so i'm contemplating on getting a new case or not. is it possible to fit a PA120.3 in the front drive bays? or is the max that can fit in there a PA120.2? assuming i can remove the bottom tray for storing things .. i'd have 10 drive bays available and i only need to take up 1 for my dvd-burner. would i need to modify something in order to get it to fit? then again i wouldn't kno what it would be holding on to x_X

MrToad
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
You have 11 bays on the TT Armor.

You can easily get rid of the tray that has the 3 1/2 bay and the power/reset buttons using bulgin switches. See here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2148284#post2148284

You can fit a PA120.3 in the front. However, it will take 9 1/4 bays (it has some spacing between fan mounts plus the bleeding valve on the top), which means you can fit a HDD or fan controller / display right above it and a ODD on the topmost bay, and that's about it.

If you want to use the rear HDD mounting cage you will severely restrict the airflow for the PSU fan, and hinder it with the heat from the HDDs.

However, you can always open a hole on the right panel, put a black aluminium filter on it and turn the PSU 180 degrees so the fan points to the opening.

Also bear in mind unless is a new revision of the Armor, the magnetic catches on the front are a pain in the arse.

They just can't hold those "blades" in place, the keep opening all the time. As you can see in the pictures I had to change the magnets to avoid going mental.

The Armor LCS has holes above the magnets in the front bezel, rather than having them hidden behind it, and instead of having flat round plates on the blades, it has socket screws that go through the hole and make direct contact with the magnets. I don't know if this has extended also to the regular TT Armor.

All in all, although I like the case, I wouldn't buy another one. Mind you, I wouldn't buy any case that's on the market either, that's why I'm selling the PC343B I bought for my next project and making one from scratch.

jasyn
09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
ty sir you have PM