PDA

View Full Version : AP Computer Science A

Emerica
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I am starting this course online tomorrow, it teaches Java. Has anyone here taken it or currently taking it? How was the exam?

drteming
09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
When I took it back in 1988/89 (on a 286 machine), it was in Pascal...memories.

Stealthmang
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm currently taking it...

sergers
09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
i didnt take it, because they had c++ at the time, and I wasnt much of a computer geek at the time...

but look at me now, lol... i got my SJCP

`danny
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Lucky for your school to have it, my school only has two programming courses on C++ and they end on basic object oriented stuff :(

Emerica
09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
My school doesn't have it, I am taking it online.

Stealthmang
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
We actually have the course offered in school.
I was expecting someone w/ little to no experience but with a Computer Science degree. We actually have a competent teacher, he's been programming since well before I was born, and he actually wrote the software our school uses for Tardies, absentees, and stuff like that. So it kind've grounds you ya know...you can see this man knows what he's doing, his applications are running part of the school :)

I'm pleased w/ the learning environment, he also teaches calculus, so he's very math-oriented (as programming is), and I find it easy to understand him. Now, I do come from learning object-oriented concepts since I was 11, and all the basics at that young age, but dropped programming for a couple years, so taking this class is just a refresher, in a new language, Java.

All in all, it's an easy-graded class, and I love every bit of it, and am looking forward to taking the AP exam.

Bail_w
09-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Is this Java 1 ? if you have questions i could help you out. :)

fhpchris
09-11-2007, 08:25 AM
I am starting this course online tomorrow, it teaches Java. Has anyone here taken it or currently taking it? How was the exam?

I took c++, and I finished the AP test in like 30 min, and those bastards would not let me leave for over 1-2 hours :[

SoberWarlock
09-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Lucky for your school to have it, my school only has two programming courses on C++ and they end on basic object oriented stuff :(

My school has none. So far I am learning most of the things I know now by myself by doing a lot of reading on forums, articles, etc. My school really sucks! :mad:

JacKz5o
09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm taking AP Comp Sci this year.. doing Java.

Newblar
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
only has two?
the year i took comp, they only had data process as the highest class
wish i had anything higher -.-

Emerica
09-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm taking AP Comp Sci this year.. doing Java.

Yeah that's the curriculum for AP Comp Sci. It used to be C++ but they switch it a while ago.