PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Name This Horror Movie from The 70's??

Kunaak
09-02-2007, 12:28 PM
a few years ago, caught about half of this really really crazy horror movie from the 1970s.

first off, let me say this... I am not making this stuff up.
I can remember this movie very clearly.
however, it will sound kinda crazy to describe...

its suppose to be a true story to some degree.

ok, whats happening is, this house is majorly haunted.
like the worst haunting in history.
the ghost in it, is so violent towards one woman in the house, that people have clearly witnessed what its been doing.
throwing her around, kinda molesting her when others are around.
even when people are around.
later in the movie, theres a scene where supposedly the ghost rapes her.
it becomes a on going process that lasts years, and keeps that family in complete terror of thier own home.
till later, so many people have witnessed how blatant this haunting is... that word gets out to some reporter or scientist, and they want to study it... they come to study the haunting, then all hell breaks loose, the ghost goes nuts, it nearly kills the girl... all in front of the scientists and everything, so its real obvious theres no faking going on, something crazys happening there for sure... but if they stay, they might make it more mad, and kill her.
so they come up with some crazy idea to trap the ghost in liquid nitrogen, which they successfully do... for about 2 minutes, till it just goes insane, and nearly destroys the whole building trying to free itself.
it does escape....
continues to haunt this family even now, and supposedly, alot of this is based on a true story, of one of the worst hauntings ever recorded, cause it was so clear that what was happening there, was nearly impossible to explain... and yet so violent, that it just scared the hell outta people to even try to study it.
annnnd thats where the movie ended.

now, I've seen references to this story a few times over the years, about the worst haunting in known history, and things like how some family was haunted so horribly and so continuously for about 25 years... till someone finally made this movie about it.

I've always wanted to see what this movie was all about, since I missed alot of the beginning of it, and hearing it referred to a few times over the years on various mystery shows, made it memorable.

the film style of the movie, is really close to the exorcist, or cujo.
no "popcorn" scares (meaning, no screaming cats in the closest) just long drawn out scenes where you had to wonder what the hell was going on... in that silent, but psychological kinda scary, like the exorcist had.
but the movie is definatly from the 1970's or very close, cause the clothing styles, and film styles, grittyness of the movie all indicate that.

but I have no idea what the movie was called....

nn_step
09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
sounds like The Last House on the Left http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_House_on_the_Left but I am not certain
and If I am wrong, here is a list of every single ghost/supernatural movie ever made http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Supernatural_horror_films

Kunaak
09-02-2007, 01:04 PM
"the last house on the left" doesnt even sound close.

that seems to be about 2 girls looking for drugs, then get kidnapped by the drug dealers or something like that.

but I will look over that list in wikipedia.
thats a good place to start I think...

(I looked on google, but I cant even guess a good search phrase to try and find it)

mdzcpa
09-02-2007, 01:12 PM
"The Entity"

Good movie.

Kunaak
09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_entity

Thats It!!

thanks.

the movie sounds kinda crazy, but its done in such a "no holds barred" way, like other movies of the time, like "the excorcist", "Cujo" "the Thing" and "Xtro" that its kinda hard to ignore.

now, just gotta see if net flix has it...

mdzcpa
09-02-2007, 01:24 PM
[url]the movie sounds kinda crazy, but its done in such a "no holds barred" way, like other movies of the time, like "the excorcist", "Cujo" "the Thing" and "Xtro" that its kinda hard to ignore.

yeah, the rape scene in particular was pretty over the top for the day.

Kunaak
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Entity/70005254?trkid=189530&strkid=1159283993_0_0

there it is on netflix.

read some of the reviews people have. almost all say they saw the movie a very long time ago, but it made a scary impression on them that lasted years.
thats a good basis for a horror movie if you ask me.

just hope it's as interesting as I remember...
I only saw half of it a few years ago, but like alot of the reviewers on netflix, its a hard movie to forget.

Kunaak
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I saw it today.

its alot trippier then it sounds.
pretty good for a scary movie.

Movieman
09-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone would remember the name except me..
Yea Mike, another old guy!:D
I just looked this up and find out Barbara is 59..:eek:
God I remember her as a kid of 18 and she was a knockout.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001347/

Speederlander
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/rollingstn/youngbarbarahershey.jpg

TiTON
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
so they come up with some crazy idea to trap the ghost in liquid nitrogen, which they successfully do... for about 2 minutes, till it just goes insane, and nearly destroys the whole building trying to free itself.
it does escape....

Hey Kunaak,

I hate horror movies.. just can't stand to watch them.. but i was reading and reading.. and the LN2 part is what caught my attention. Now.. I know a 3rd thing i can do w/ my next order of LN2, other then Benching and making Ice Cream :)

- Ton

STEvil
06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
You read it here first: Super-chilling your spirits like a CPU is dangerous!

Lestat
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
i grabbed this movie and watched it
i was completely loving it until the college team came over and the thing manifested itself and then later they froze it in the gym,,,,, they completely ruined the whole f'ing movie by doing that.
other than the last 1/3 of the movie it was a great flick....