PDA

View Full Version : DFI NF4 board makes "Meep" noise, Nothing else!

kevinbo03
08-28-2007, 11:51 PM
This bord has been sitting around for a few months, In a static bag (Being kept care of). Anyways, I slap in a CPU and some memory, 7900GS, And get it all hooked up.

The board recieves power, and the led's light up as normal.
I press the power switch, And the board makes a faint "Meeep" noise, Nothing else. No fans, No post, Nothing. It sounds like a mouse, Except its much more concerning to hear it coming from my motherboard. :(

Any idea as to what this is? I'm going to re-seat the CPU and see if anything changes.

Until then, I'll be using this POS 1.8ghz P4M Laptop that only runs at 750Mhz because it's junk dell bios thinks it is using a 70w power adapter (When It's actually using the correct, 90w one). :rofl:

EDIT: Oops, forgot: The board is a LT UP NF4 SLI-D.

kevinbo03
08-29-2007, 01:04 AM
OK, I'm dumbfounded...

I just tried two different CPU's, No change. A different PSU. No change. I tested the original PSU. It worked. I tried the CPU's in another Mobo, They worked. I tried the Memory in another mobo.

ETC ETC ETC

Nothing worked!

So I'm about ready to go get a hammer and see if that will fix it, And my cat jumps onto the motherboard. Bad Kitty! He knows he's not allowed on the desk when I'm working...

Anyways, I give it another go, And it works... :confused: :eek:

Whus a Gud Kitty. :D