PDA

View Full Version : 3.3ns=how high can you run?

vlad
07-08-2003, 06:26 AM
I have a Ati 9700pro OEM that came with 3.3ns infi memory instead of the 2.8ns sammy.:( & i was just wondering how high other's are getting with it v-modded or not? so far with some home made ramsink's i made from an old pentium passive hs i had, i've been able to get 724mhz out of them with no vmod. what are you getting? it doesnt have to be a 9700. any card with 3.3ns. thank's.

vlad
07-08-2003, 08:14 AM
For a while i couldnt get above 340, but after burning in for a bit it slowly went up. now @ 362 it's fine but @ 364 it kick's out of benches. i thought of fabbing a loop of either alum or copper tube over all the chips & make it another circuit in my cooling system but insulating it from condensation will be a pain + it may not gain that much. thanks for the reply:thumbsup: later.

oh bye the way NICE score in 2k1!:slobber: when my northbridge waterblock get's here this week i plan on ripping my rig apart & insulating everything so i can really CHILL it. now i just go until i start to see condensation. hopfully i can crank it up alittle more & maybe hit 20k. i'd like to do that before looking for a new card.
"so close but yet sooo far away";) thanks again.

texuspete00
07-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Those are great speeds guys. Seem to rival the sammys pretty well no? I've got samsungs but im not really pushing them too hard. They get freakishly hot too.