PDA

View Full Version : Need help, PC wont POST...No beeps either!

Carrera Rapida
08-26-2007, 03:30 PM
I really need to some help with the problem I am having with my rig. I had to take everything apart coz I was moving a couple of weeks ago and finally got the chance this weekend to put everything back. It was working great before.

So, when I tried booting-up after everything was installed, it didnt POST and I didnt even hear any beeps. I tried re-seating my GPU, RAM, CPU and tried booting with minimal set of components but nothing helped. Right now I have the mobo setup outside my case with only the RAM, GPU and 2 HDDs hooked-up with stock air-cooling, but it still wont post.

One thing I noticed after putting it outside my case is that the CPU fan would turn-off after running for a minute or two and the GPU fan keeps running at full speed (normally it would slow down after a few seconds).

I really have no clue at this point about what might be wrong. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carrera Rapida
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Bump!

Alik4041
08-28-2007, 12:31 AM
You've probably have already done this, but recheck that the wires are connected properly (you'd be surprised how many times this fixes the problem).

I would also find some spare parts and try them to find out where the problem lies. If you have a spare GPU or motherboard, etc. see if it works. It sounds like the bios is fried which is unusual. Does the CPU HS, GPU HS, NB, SB, MEM get warm at all?

The next best thing I can think of is that one of the connectors is not making CONTACT with the motherboard connector or 8pin connector (Especially since you unhooked them in the move < most likely the problem).

These are the most possible problems from my experience. Keep us posted ;)

Carrera Rapida
08-29-2007, 07:35 AM
So I got new PSU to see if works then and saw the same problem when I tried booting the first time. But on the second boot, it started giving me long beeps continuously probably because the PSU didnt have enough juice. So I switched to my DA750 after that and it booted fine and I got windows successfully :).

I am gonna put everything back in my case with my WC loop whenever I get a chance and see if everything works.