PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Problems

Ghost326267
08-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Not to sure where to post this...

I bought bioshock yesterday and have installed and played it today. well tired to, I played it for about 30 mins then all of a sudden the whole computer froze up and the speakers made a really constant loud high pitched beep. What causes this type of crash? it has happened in supreme commander once and I have countless crashes and problems in some of my other games. (BF2142, BF2, C&C Tiberian wars, halo 2)
Here are my specs:
Intel QX6850 stock
Gigabyte P35-DQ6
2 GB Corsair dominator 8500
XFX 8800 GTX with latest beta driver (though all the games have had the same problems with all of the drivers i have tried)
creative xfi extreme gamer fatal1ty
Vista home premium 32bit

if anyone knows any fixes or why this is happening please help im getting ford up of all my games crashing
thanx

hoax
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
there is a problem with the autosave/autoload feature in bioshock. I just lost about 2 hours of game time thanks to a messed up autosave. avoid using it at all costs..

but since you mention you are also having problems with other games, I would suggest that it could perhaps be hardware related.. is the machine orthos stable, or have you tried to run memtest or other programs to check the hardware? or maybe its just a driver issue :shrug:

Bigchrome
08-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Check your temps and your powersupply. Then move onto ram.... Let us know.

Ghost326267
08-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanx for the replies. I have a temp sensor from thr front panel inside the GTX and it was about 55-58oC while I was playing but its not normal this hot running normal programs. Im really hoping its not a harware problem.
I havn't tested the system with either memtest or orthos so i will do soon.

just tried the latest release drivers and it got further but still crashed. everest said the cpu temp was 42oC and that didnt change. I have a zalman 9700 on it at full speed.

As for other games. supreme commander usually just crashes to the desktop aftere a while. battlefield 2 crashes when loading maps and after a while playing the game. battlefield 2142 crashes when loading a new map aftera round.

running orthos at the moment. I take it it shouldnt completly freeze up when running it. its stopped on 48 sec and nothing is responding.

edit: power supply is a jeantech storm 700W http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0861891606.118814163 3@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfladdlklieegmcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=734717&category_oid=-28017
could this be the problem it seems to me to be the only componet in the system that isnt a really big named company