PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules.

Hardass
07-04-2002, 02:38 PM
Forum Rules.
1. The public sharing or link sharing of warez and pirated software is not endorsed and strictly prohibited by these forums. This action will also get you banned if you are found as a repeat offender.

2. This forum prohibits discrimination based on sex, race, color, feligion, national origin, ability or marital status. Ability is defined as a person's physical or mental state shall not include a person under the influence of narcotics, alcohol, mood altering drugs and other such non-prescribed drugsor substancesthat are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any known disease.

3. This forum prohibits the use of foul language.

4. Any member who disagrees with content of any post in any thread in accordance with above stated is responsible to alert any or all moderators with the link to or quote of the offending material and state their reasons in a clear manner.

5. All members are invited to participate in any discussion as long as their intent is respectful and considerate of all other participating members and the forum as a whole.

6. This forum does not endorse the practise or coercion of any member that may bring bodily or mental harm to that member or anyone that they may come into contact with. Bodily or mental harm is defined as the use or construction of ant such device or substance that may adversely affect an otherwise normal state of life.

7. This forum does not endorse activities where prohibited by law.

8. The moderators, administration and super moderators reserve the right to remove any member at their discretion and will treat all clearly described or noted reports of offense on a case by case basis which may result in warnings, temporary or permanent bans of the instigating member(s) and participants.

9. The moderators, administration and super moderators reserve the right to edit any post to remove offensive material and will attempt to preserve the intent of the original posting if it does not conflict with the above stated.

10. Any member who does not fulfill a moderator's administrator's and super moderator's request within the given time period, typically 24 hours, may be subject to warning, temporary or permanent ban. The requiste does have the right to appeal the request to all moderator's but will be subject to the consensus of the moderator staff who are available within the given time period.

11. If you are going to post an item for sale by you. Make sure it is in the For Sale area. First offense gets post moved with redirect, second offense gets moved with no redirect, third post gets post deleted and anytime after that.

These rules will be updated, when and if the Admin, moderators and Super Moderators deem needed.

IFMU
07-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Now the reason for this to be here is so we can take a look at it and have some feedback. What comments does anyone have?
There are a few that we wont budge on, others, we might alter slightly, then some Im sure we should add.
So give us some feed back and lets see what we can do.

Afterall, it is due to everyone here that we are here. So now is your time to post up thoughts on rulings.

Thanks

IFMU ~ The Mods Advocate

sysfailur
08-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Well, just one question... why no cursing? I can see how if you say F this and F that every sentence would be obscene but sometimes it's just appropriate. And after being in a chatroom w/ lots of these members 99% of them have toilet mouths.

Just trying to keep it clean? Protect the young eyes? Dunno. I geuss I'll just say :censored: instead. :)

Hardass
08-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by sysfailur
Well, just one question... why no cursing? I can see how if you say F this and F that every sentence would be obscene but sometimes it's just appropriate. And after being in a chatroom w/ lots of these members 99% of them have toilet mouths.

Just trying to keep it clean? Protect the young eyes? Dunno. I geuss I'll just say :censored: instead. :)
You answered your own question! There are members on these boards that are 15 and 16 years old. If you have to use that language to get your point across just modify it.

sysfailur
08-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hardass

You answered your own question! There are members on these boards that are 15 and 16 years old. If you have to use that language to get your point across just modify it.

Yeah geuss you're right.

DR. YT
02-17-2003, 09:27 PM
is it ok now that the words r automaticy cencored?

IFMU
02-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately, the auto-censor doesnt always catch it. It will most of the time, but fails too on all occasions, even our most prized computers are fool proof.
All we ask is that you dont take it too far. Just use common sense and please remember that not everyone appreciates a good cuss out!~! ;)

In all seriousness, just be careful in your posts, if you feel you cannot express your self without it, then fine, if you can, please do.

You all are killin me!~! I have one of the filthiest mouths alive, I can make a sailor blush when I get into it. And I have to do this?! LoL

Terrorbyte
03-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Is there a list of the words the auto sensor is setup for ?

I found one allready in a PM, one would asume PM's are private and not subject to censorship, that would could also be used in different ways, and is quite the right word to describe my female APBT canine.

Someone once asked a legitimate question about where to purchace something, I replied with the answer, :banana::banana::banana::banana: Smith Electronics, and the guys first name was removed, sure i can understand the need for an auto sensor, but a guys name that was very real, who is in real time a multi millionaire would find it odd his name was found censored.

How would the poor guy get on if he wanted to be a paid advertiser / sponsor ?

BTW his name is not just short for Richard, :banana::banana::banana::banana: is his birth name.:censored:

JBELL
03-24-2003, 11:26 PM
a computer server is not smart enough to understand the context of which teh word :banana::banana::banana::banana: is being used ...

John Cena
03-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Yes it can

You write a Text file on the server WITH all those censored words.

Then when a person clicks the post buttom, the server first uses a "INSTR()" function to find each of the words in the text file that equals to the persons post and replaces with the word "censored" or "*****". Its very easy too.

I only know how to do it in ASP(Active Server Pages) and I'm sure Perl has a Instr function.

John Cena
03-28-2004, 02:37 PM
On asp it would be like
Open "Censor.txt" as Input #1,File
for i = 1 to file.EOF
Input line #1, array1(i) //Loads each censor word to an array.
next

Message = Request.Form("PersonsMessage")

for i = 1 to File.EOF
Message = Replace(Message,array1(i),"******")
next

Doing that would censor ALL bad words
But some poor guy will have to enter all of the censor words in a text file.

Karnivore
03-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Wow, I'm sure JBell really appreciates your valueable input.

skate2snow
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
If you are so smart, go do an web site and put it on.....

John Cena
03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I wrote 3 Commerical websites
But I'm not giving links due to danger of spam and legal concerns

John Cena
03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh ya find me a ASP hosting site and I'll write JBELL the script myself but it won't work with perl i bieleve

sjohnson
03-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
a computer server is not smart enough to understand the context of which teh word :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: is being used ...
The key word here is CONTEXT.

A computer cannot normally tell if you're using Richard's nickname to mean someone's name or a body part they might posess.

Even if you spend CPU cycles using an AI filter to attempt to discover that the poster is keying in a name instead of calling someone a name, most AI is easily defeatable with some relatively simple end-runs so you end up without the censorship you started with.

John Cena
03-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Who on planet earth would name a body part after richard? And why would you talk about body parts on an overclock forum HEHE jk