PDA

View Full Version : C# Computer Compare program by Yakyb

Yakyb
08-16-2007, 04:51 AM
i have recently been on a couple of c# courses and have written this as a startup project

give it a go and tell me what you think

its fairly easy to use you build a part using the inputs then assign which computer it goes in using the checkboxes then click add.

to remove type in the name of the part select the computer to remove from it will then remove the first part with that name from each selected computer

once you have built the three computers clicking merge builds will evalute your builds into performance price and performance/price.

this can be used to evaluate different build ideas or different websites pricing

anyway feedback would be great also additional features would be nice also

oh and included the source if anyone is interested

Yakyb
08-17-2007, 04:54 AM
shameless bump

i could really do with some comments esspecially on the code

marru
08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
The application form its too big, it leaves my screen (1024x768), for example. Try to squeeze some of the components a little.

Do a check on the user input. Check to see if the data entered by the user is valid, for example the app crashed when i entered a ' ' (space) in a number textbox.

Cheers

Yakyb
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah your'e right i need to do a check on that

plus yeah the app size is probably a little big to ill see if i can redefine that at some point

thanks for the feedback

DefStar
08-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Writing code is great, debugging your own source, perfecting some beatifull code, lol, just reminded me of spring term and my rpn calculator i wrote with c# using a singly linked list. Strings are fun to manipulate be sure you thoroughly test them and understand them...

StyM
08-28-2007, 06:46 AM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6228/exceptionpm9.jpg

Yakyb
08-29-2007, 01:43 AM
thanks
im aware of this and need to implemnet a method to work around it it does this if any of the three builds are not complete

DefStar
08-30-2007, 12:31 AM
:) Here is a little snippet of an exception handler i just used in a simple form. I have not looked at your code yet.

//Handle a click of the Enter Price button
protected void Enter_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
try
{
sum += Double.Parse(text.Text);
}
catch (FormatException)// catches format exception...
{
MessageBox.Show("Please enter numeric value");
count--;
}
count++;
text.Text = "";
text.Focus();

}