PDA

View Full Version : Clear biocide?

Circaflex
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
So while one of my raptors bit the dust i was looking around the case and noticed some white fuzzy looking stuff in my tubing. Im running distilled water and a few drops of pt nuke. No sunlight has come in contact with my tubing either. Im curious is there a solution that is clear? I really like the look if crystal clear tubing, i have a lot of pentosin but its so trouble some and having animals im scared of leaks later on, so i like to stay away from that. What else can i add next time along with pt nuke?

Mekrel
08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
You mean clear anti-corrosion inhibitor? PT Nuke is biocide and shouldn't change the clearness of water due to the low ration you actually mix.

Petra did have a clear multi function additive (anti corrosion, biocide and pump lube) in the works but tests found it made some metals react - think copper and nickel were the culprits.

Sparky
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
What you are seeing is not due to the water or the PT nuke. Either your rad wasn't totally cleaned out, or your tubes are just starting to cloud up (which can't be avoided).

shiznit93
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
the tubing itself is breaking down, chances are it was never intended for liquid anyway. there is a thread about this, and tygon has confirmed it. t-3603 (and its clones) is vacuum tubing, it WILL break down when used with liquid.

read this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136514&highlight=b-44-3

kinghong1970
08-15-2007, 06:46 PM
primochill comes clear... have clear color too. when you buy colored coolants, they supply the dyestuff to add color... but the stuff is in the clear liquid iirc and the dye is just dye...

Petra
08-15-2007, 08:28 PM
think copper and nickel were the culprits.

Nope, the copper and nickel were fine... I was having problems with aluminum (bare, low grade) and zinc. The final step, as far as getting the coolant right, should be bumping the pH up a bit (so, I think that I have everything handled now... but I need to find time to do some testing).

Circaflex
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Rads were cleaned, its a white fuzz right before the radiator looks like a spiders egg sitting in there.

Mekrel
08-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Nope, the copper and nickel were fine... I was having problems with aluminum (bare, low grade) and zinc. The final step, as far as getting the coolant right, should be bumping the pH up a bit (so, I think that I have everything handled now... but I need to find time to do some testing).

Ahh that was it, couldn't be bothered to dig out the thread. Thanks for the information.