PDA

View Full Version : Vista?

Helheim
08-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Is there anyway to install the service on Vista x64 or any other way to run two instances?

[XC] riptide
08-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmm... no experience in vista (cos its crap :) ), however hit the project hosted forums over on Free-DC. I beleive the same questiion came up there.

EDIT: "Just create a shortcut to the sobsvc.exe executable, modify the shortcut to add the -i (or whatever parameter you need) and then run the shortcut with the "run as administrator" option."

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12518

Jaivan
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
^^Thanks for the tip
However i still have a problem i can now run two instances in vista but the interactive services window keeps popping up saying that the service cant be shown on the desktop and that i need to get an updated version of the the program to fix this.
Does this happen to anybody else using vista? Or is it just me?

[XC] riptide
10-25-2007, 06:02 AM
^^Thanks for the tip
However i still have a problem i can now run two instances in vista but the interactive services window keeps popping up saying that the service cant be shown on the desktop and that i need to get an updated version of the the program to fix this.
Does this happen to anybody else using vista? Or is it just me?

hmm. well like i said a month ago, Vista is crap. :) hehe! perhaps Helheim might have noticed this. No harm in dropping a question over at the forums. :up:

Jaivan
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
meh i guess i'll just deal with it and hope that sp1 will be able to fix it or they come out with a new sb client thanks for the help anyways.