PDA

View Full Version : XP 2200+ and KX7-R Help!

SickOfThinking
07-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Hello,
Ive been reading all the threads on the KX7 and the 2200 lately. Trying to decide if i should unlock it or send it back. Well, i tried to unlock it. First tried just the 5th bridge. Boots up, with a CMOS checksum error, will get into windows fine if you hit F1 to continue, but this is at 550 mhz. If i change the CPU settings in the bios to the default XP 2100/2200 setting, it will no longer post. So then i tried connecting the 1, 3, and 5 bridges. Same thing. It did boot as an 1100 Mhz CPU one time. But it said CPU has been changed or is unworkable and wouldnt go. I have been fighting this thing for 2 weeks and decided it was time to post my first message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CK

OPPAINTER
07-03-2002, 10:13 PM
SickOfThinking

Just close the 3 bridges then when it boots up hit del and go into the bios. When you set your multiplier just stay below 13, use 12.5 and below, hit F10, this should get you going. If it works when it reboots go back into the bios and load your settings and adjust the fsb. Thats about it:D

OPP

SickOfThinking
07-03-2002, 11:43 PM
Works like a champ now. Thanks so much for the quick response, put an end to my 2 weeks of waiting and frustration. Now on to overclocking....

Thanks again...

CK