PDA

View Full Version : Having problem filling my loop

Hellemyr
08-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello.

I just put together my first loop whit T line.

But im having problem filling it. I have tilted the case so that the pump is the lowes part of the loop and the T line is right above the inlet of the pump.

But when i fill water in the T line and start up the pump the water just splashes out from the T line, and the pump starts sucking air.

Anyone have some good tips to what i can do? Shall i fill in so much water as i can get in, plug the line and start the pump?

The pump is a DDC-1 8W and im got 3 blocks and a radiator. Also i have black tubing, so i cant see where the water is in the loop.

Waterlogged
08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I have a feeling you have the T in the wrong line. Can you post a pic of your loop?

Hellemyr
08-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I have the T line right before the inlet of the pump, so the water from the t line flows right down in the pump.

Ill get some photos so you can see for yourselve.

jabski
08-11-2007, 03:07 PM
maybe use a funnel and once you see the coolant move down then turn off and refill the T & funnel. Thou a picture would be helpfull

Sparky
08-11-2007, 03:07 PM
No offense, but are you sure you have your T at the inlet of the pump? It sounds like your T is at the outlet, otherwise it should pull the water in... but then maybe not, being a T air would be getting pushed from one side and pulled from the other, so I suppose it could push the water up the T....

Another good reason for a res.

Hellemyr
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Here comes a picture, since i tilted the case, the T line is higer than the pump, but it dont look like it on the picture.

But i got the hang of it now.

I just fill up the T line and start the pump, and wait intill it stats sucking air, and fill up the T line again.

Well, the pictures dident come after all, stupid internet explorer.

But i the problem sortet out, and the pump is running now, but i can hear that its still alot of bubbles running inside my tubes, but i cant see them.

YugenM
08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
plug the line before starting the pump

dnottis
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Get some water in the pump and as much as you can within the loop. Short the pins on the PSU or use a PSU tester and start giving it power for a second, then off. Running it dry will ruin the pump. This slight bump will move the water throughout the loop. Continue doing this a few times till the loop is full then let it run a few hours to bleed. Using a small swiftech res makes this process much easier. I bought one of the danger den syringes for filling my loop and this makes it a much easier process.

http://dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=214&cat=35&page=1

Section8
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah I just bought a Swiftech Micro Res it it is so much easier now than before filling with a T -Line. Well it didn't help that my last setup had a T-Line that was only about 12 inches long and therefore I couldn't get much water in it at a time. Fill line, turn on for 2 seconds, stop, fill line, turn on for 2 seconds, stop, fill line, turn on for 2 seconds, stop, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.. LOL

sssf
08-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Get some water in the pump and as much as you can within the loop. Short the pins on the PSU or use a PSU tester and start giving it power for a second, then off. Running it dry will ruin the pump. This slight bump will move the water throughout the loop. Continue doing this a few times till the loop is full then let it run a few hours to bleed. Using a small swiftech res makes this process much easier. I bought one of the danger den syringes for filling my loop and this makes it a much easier process.

http://dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=214&cat=35&page=1
How often does it take to fill it with this, 60cc in't that much