PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fans

Svenn
07-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Okay, I'm looking for decent cooling and not too much noise. I was looking at two fans.
Panaflo 120mm http://www.directron.com/120l1a.html
Enermax Adjustable 120mm http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/19/108.htm?407

I'm thinking the Enermax fans. They seem to be quieter at about the same airflow, plus I can get more airflow if I need it. And how well would these fans do for cooling the water? Should I go with a Delta or something instead?

dmitriyaz
07-03-2002, 10:37 AM
i dont know, but i can tell you this:
dont look at the dbA number (the noise)
they dont say how it was measured, because it was all measured differently in different fans. so you cant tell anything my looking at it.

DaGooch
07-03-2002, 12:48 PM
From experience, PanaFlo fans are very high quality and their MTBF is fantastic with the benefit of low noise for the cfms they actually move.

KnightElite
07-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Papst are the best for speed/noise ratio, then Panaflo L1As.

What also works well, and is quiet, is to go buy some 24V fans dirt cheap down at princess auto or something, and then run them at 12V. Nice and quiet... :D.

Svenn
07-03-2002, 01:07 PM
How are the Enermax's? I like the adjustable speed...

kms
07-20-2002, 09:55 PM
not sure about the enermax's but the 120 panaflo's are a little dissapointing, thats is compared to the 80mm panaflo's which are completely silent. They're quiet compared to the sunon & ystech 120's i've tried though. The delta 120's are LOUD as hell & the extra noise doesnt warrant the slight extra cooling IMO. As dmitriyaz says the dBA ratings not standardised, one's say measured at a meter from source and going by some claims i guess some are measured a mile away :D

Svenn
07-21-2002, 07:37 AM
Well, I did end up picking up the Enermax Adjustable speed fans. They are excellent. I don't have my new case or anything yet so I don't have them installed, but I ran them off my current case to check how they are. The air flow is slightly less than the current Delta's that I have with a HUGE noise difference. The Enermax's are extremely quiet even on the highest setting. The most they do is create a really low hum sound... It's great.

DisposableHero
07-21-2002, 09:56 AM
the site thats selling the panaflos is very expensive... i got mine for like 4$ each it think from some site... search price watch