PDA

View Full Version : Steelpad QcK vs (office depot) mousepad?

crspyjohn
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Steelpad QcK vs Cloth (office depot) mousepad?

Will I notice a huge difference with a QcK? I been gaming with a cheap mousepad for years and it seems alright. Now I wanna try a gaming one but I'm not sure if it is worth the money.

chiefhog
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I've recently upgraded to a Razer Exactmat. Before, I just used basic mousepads. I'm not going to say that I've become Fatal1ty or anything, but the surface tracks better and smoother and it accuracy seems improved. The bigger surface means I don't have to pick up my mouse and reset its position. I like the upgrade.

xenoasd
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
well i got a steelpad qck mouse pad just recently. loved it. somewhat improved my gaming performence... but one thing i like this mouse pad. u can clean it :D

TouGe
08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I picked up a Teflon coated mouse pad a while back and I am very happy to be rid of my old cloth mouse pad. I hated that thing so much that I often just used my desktop for a mouse pad.
The teflon mp is very smooth and it takes very little effort to get the mouse to move around. Definitely, anything other than cloth is an improvement.

Cyco
08-08-2007, 12:46 PM
i use the s&s steelpad and is very highly rated and is great for games such as cs and i would recommed it, it may be a bit more expensive then others mind you, also might be worth looking at the Everglide cloth mats if you prefer cloth as they also are great pads.

lowfat
08-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I recently when from a Func F10 back to a cloth Steel Pad QcK, and it was a good move. I don't notice a difference from a regular cloth mat except that is is slightly larger though.

strange|ife
08-15-2007, 03:12 AM
i have a cloth steelpad right now, its very large which is the only reason i like these types of mice pads. I had a exactmat before that, which was also very large..but it wore out. ice mat is sick i hear. In all honesty, before i got into the bandwagon of "performance pads", i was just as good a player on a cheapo walmart mouse pad. The extra mousing surface is really the only plus to owning expensive mouse pads, and tracking is maybe 20% better, alot of the benefits are in your head me thinks=)

MKM
08-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Just recently got myself a QPAD CT, not that it makes you better or anything but having a basic cloth nublet surface is just not right when you're a gamer surrounded by 1337 gear.