PDA

View Full Version : Fun Qbasic code lol... yes its ancient

hecktic
08-05-2007, 02:14 AM
I just dusted off the old office PC... I think it has a Cryix processor in it or an older Pentium... not sure but it has an old old copy of DOS and was loaded at the time we purchased it in early 1980s with some games like commander keen (I think that was the name for the early version of what later become duke nukem)

Anyways it has a copy of Qbasic on it and so I dusted it all out inside and out and was wondering if anyone had any fun code I could run on it I guess for kicks and jokes just to see how fast it will go... Im surprised the thing is still running... old peice of junk was more than $10k at the time lol

Leora
08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
If i remember correctly, QBasic was the first programming language we used back in school.. still remember having to compile and write my first program complete with flow charts and all :eek: Seems like a lifetime ago. ;)

Section8
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
If i remember correctly, QBasic was the first programming language we used back in school.. still remember having to compile and write my first program complete with flow charts and all :eek: Seems like a lifetime ago. ;)

Same here... Can't remember a lick of it though.

Yakyb
08-16-2007, 04:38 AM
beep(bababbbaaabbbbababbbbaaba2b)

or something along those lines is about all i can remember about basic
oh and shell reboot was always funny to throw in a program

Stealthmang
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
10: PRINT "OH HELLO"
11: GOTO 10

something along those lines ;-)

I learned BASIC back when i was in 7th grade...there was an old 80s book w/ the beginners BASIC guide :)