PDA

View Full Version : any one bought from clubit slacer q6600?

mario2008
08-04-2007, 08:02 AM
It says on the website its slacer. is it really slacer ? or fake? should i order

don_xvi
08-04-2007, 08:04 AM
A few have (me included). It just came on their site as G0.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153878

politenessman
08-04-2007, 08:42 AM
i just bought one. it says on the website that they are shipping "slacr". why would they lie about it? they are not asking a premium price, like many of the other "guaranteed" slacr's.

irev210
08-04-2007, 09:05 AM
It says on the website its slacer. is it really slacer ? or fake? should i order

its real, clubit is an excellent e-tailer.

Have no worries, you will get the right stuff :)

sofarfrome
08-04-2007, 09:11 AM
I ordered mine this morning. I don't see why they would lie so I guess only time will tell, aye?

1badhabit
08-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Just ordered 2 :up:

The wife wanted one....:shrug:

mario2008
08-04-2007, 11:41 AM
what if i get B3 stepping would they give me back refund ? or exchange for SLAER? I never bought anything from clubit before, what there returned policy?

sofarfrome
08-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I can't imagine they are advertising G0 steppings and shipping B3 instead. But stranger things have happened and if that does happen I am sure you can return it for a G0 with little to no hassle. But I feel confident yours (and mine) will be G0. I know some have complained that they have not received an email this weekend confirming their order but I think no one is at the shop today. Must be out on a company pic-n-nic

mario2008
08-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Well i just order GO stepping from clubit. on bottom it say if u want to make note i type in PLEASE SHIP ME GO Q6600 CPU.

synergy
08-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Well i just order GO stepping from clubit. on bottom it say if u want to make note i type in PLEASE SHIP ME GO Q6600 CPU.

Yes that's probably the fine way to do it.

I ordered a G0 Q6600 from them as well.
I trust them to deliver one, they guarantee it if you
ask them by phone.

The only thing that they did that's confusing is to
update the same web page as the one that had B3
with the "G0 in stock! SLACR!" type information,
so it could leave you to wonder IF they ever did get
B3 back in stock would they ship either one to someone
that did NOT express a preference because they will
certainly give you what you want WHEN you say you want
a G0. Just leave a note with the order and it's fine.

SiGfever
08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I ordered the GO as well today. Now the wait begins...

idiotekniQues
08-04-2007, 03:24 PM
you will love your chip like a favorite son.

god bless you all.

newls1
08-04-2007, 03:28 PM
isnt clubit part of the newegg community?

synergy
08-04-2007, 04:30 PM
isnt clubit part of the newegg community?

I've never heard that one.

I've heard people say that ChiefValue and NewEgg
are related though.

Brother Esau
08-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Not to jack the thread but why don't you guys get it from TANK GUYS he guarentees G0 Stepping and is guarenteed to be that no matter what.

MrChubz
08-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Not to jack the thread but why don't you guys get it from TANK GUYS he guarentees G0 Stepping and is guarenteed to be that no matter what.
I'm not getting one from Tankguys because last time I checked, they're still back ordered.

1badhabit
08-04-2007, 05:13 PM

I have a pre-order with them, and have been in contact via email for the past couple of days to find out info on when there going to ship, and who is going to get them first. They have outstanding customer service, but I just don't have the paitence.

If you have a pre-order with them, then you should be getting emails like this:

ETA Update

We currently have at least 150 processors arriving this week, which will ship out to the first 150 paid pre-orders](<---That should say fully paid orders). At the moment, one of our other suppliers is also showing that our full order has been allocated there as well. If this is indeed the case, we will have all pre-orders shipped out by the end of this week. We will be working to confirm this Monday morning.

As usual, we recommend you check this thread for constant updates: http://www.overclock.net/pre-sales/212234-q6600-pre-order-update-s.html The first post there will be kept up to date with all the latest information, so you don't need to read every post in the thread!

We also wanted to extend our deep gratitude to all of you for being so patient and understanding during the process. We know it's taken quite a while for some of you, and we sincerely appreciate the business. We'll be working extremely hard to ensure we fill all these orders as quickly as we can, so thanks for helping us make this process easier!

As usual, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

-The TankGuys Team

mario2008
08-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I was going to order from tank guy but they are getting small amount shipment i believe i can't wait that long.

Brother Esau
08-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm not getting one from Tankguys because last time I checked, they're still back ordered.

I just received a email about a hour ago that 150 processors have been secured as well as the rest of the pre order Q6600 G0 from one of their suppliers so the way it sounds I am pretty sure that Ben is going to get the entire order filled this week!

Also don't forget that allot have canceled their order due to impatience.

TankGuys
08-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I just received a email about a hour ago that 150 processors have been secured as well as the rest of the pre order Q6600 G0 from one of their suppliers so the way it sounds I am pretty sure that Ben is going to get the entire order filled this week!

Also don't forget that allot have canceled their order due to impatience.

Correct on both counts. I've been rabidly checking/e-mailing/calling my suppliers on these chips, because we've had tons backordered for months now (I knew they'd sell well, so I've had orders in for quite a while ;))

Amazingly, I noticed tonight that one of them shows our order fully supplied. I'm not going to start dancing from the ceiling quite yet, until I call them Monday and make sure it isn't some silly mistake... but it certainly looks good. I know for sure we've got the 150 en route, now it's just a matter of snagging the rest. It's quite a process, but hopefully we snag these quick, and I can finally get some sleep ;)

1badhabit
08-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Correct on both counts. I've been rabidly checking/e-mailing/calling my suppliers on these chips, because we've had tons backordered for months now (I knew they'd sell well, so I've had orders in for quite a while ;))

Amazingly, I noticed tonight that one of them shows our order fully supplied. I'm not going to start dancing from the ceiling quite yet, until I call them Monday and make sure it isn't some silly mistake... but it certainly looks good. I know for sure we've got the 150 en route, now it's just a matter of snagging the rest. It's quite a process, but hopefully we snag these quick, and I can finally get some sleep ;)

Awesome, thanks for posting here!! :up: And thanks for all your quick replys!

TankGuys
08-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Awesome, thanks for posting here!! :up: And thanks for all your quick replys!

No problem, it's the least I can do. I really do appreciate the support from you guys on the forums, we wouldn't be where we are today with you :up:

Now we just need to open our a warehouse in CA so we don't get beaten to the punch again :D

jimmyz
08-04-2007, 05:52 PM
No problem, it's the least I can do. I really do appreciate the support from you guys on the forums, we wouldn't be where we are today with you :up:

Now we just need to open our a warehouse in CA so we don't get beaten to the punch again :D

i live close (2blocks) from a ups depot. you could store some in my garage.:rofl:

synergy
08-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Keep up the good work!

Don't know if you meant CA = Canada or California,
but if the latter, just do it so that you don't have to
start doing California sales tax and I'm sure you'll keep
a lot of your customers happy!

NoSoMo
08-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Put in orders at several places. The $5 cancelation fee from tank guys is BS if you ask me. I have clubit shipping mine already, and I ordered them after I ordered from TGs.

newls1
08-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Put in orders at several places. The $5 cancelation fee from tank guys is BS if you ask me. I have clubit shipping mine already, and I ordered them after I ordered from TGs.

I think your post is BS:rolleyes: TankGuys is doing the best they can to keep their customers happy, and people like you post replies like this:eek: Jesus dude, have some patience, its not like your going to die if you dont get this chip. I would have to believe tankguys has NO WHERE NEAR THE BUYING power that clubit might have, so with that said, I would MUCH RATHER SUPPORT a "mom and pop shop" before giving my hard to come buy money to a full blown e-tailer. Ok, im done:up:

TankGuys
08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Put in orders at several places. The $5 cancelation fee from tank guys is BS if you ask me.

We put the cancelation fee in place for a couple reasons:

1 - Way back with the socket 939 Opteron rush in the fall of '05, we didn't do a cancelation fee. People would constantly cancel, then beg to have the order re-instated when they other place they tried to buy from ran out of stock, or incorrect shows as in stock, etc... the result was TONS of extra work on our end, and often times, that same customers would just end up canceling yet again anyway... so we'd spent close to 30 minutes trying to help them out, only to have them cancel. Thus, the fee helps prevent that wishy-washy behavior. This benefits everyone, since then we have more time to help answer more "legitimate" questions and whatnot, rather than constantly canceling/reentering orders.

2 - This entire pre-order process is a LOT of work for us. I wouldn't even do it, and I keep saying this will be the last time each time we do :D But, we get tons of requests from people asking if we'll do pre-orders for product XXX. Even for the people who cancel, there is still a significant amount of work we have to put into processing the orders and whatnot - so the $5 helps cover that.

3 - We get nailed for at least double the credit card processing fees when we do these pre-orders, especially for people who cancel. We either bill people before we ship, then pay double the fees when we do the refund if they cancel, or we sit on the authorization and don't charge until shipping - in which case, we still pay double the fees since we didn't charge within 24 hours. The $5 fee doesn't even come close to covering those fees we pay, in fact.

Those are, in a nutshell, why we charge the $5 fee. We make it clear right on the product page, so it's obviously completely up to each customer if they wish to accept that or not. It's not perfect, but it's the best we can do :)

1badhabit
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
We put the cancelation fee in place for a couple reasons:

1 - Way back with the socket 939 Opteron rush in the fall of '05, we didn't do a cancelation fee. People would constantly cancel, then beg to have the order re-instated when they other place they tried to buy from ran out of stock, or incorrect shows as in stock, etc... the result was TONS of extra work on our end, and often times, that same customers would just end up canceling yet again anyway... so we'd spent close to 30 minutes trying to help them out, only to have them cancel. Thus, the fee helps prevent that wishy-washy behavior. This benefits everyone, since then we have more time to help answer more "legitimate" questions and whatnot, rather than constantly canceling/reentering orders.

2 - This entire pre-order process is a LOT of work for us. I wouldn't even do it, and I keep saying this will be the last time each time we do :D But, we get tons of requests from people asking if we'll do pre-orders for product XXX. Even for the people who cancel, there is still a significant amount of work we have to put into processing the orders and whatnot - so the $5 helps cover that.

3 - We get nailed for at least double the credit card processing fees when we do these pre-orders, especially for people who cancel. We either bill people before we ship, then pay double the fees when we do the refund if they cancel, or we sit on the authorization and don't charge until shipping - in which case, we still pay double the fees since we didn't charge within 24 hours. The $5 fee doesn't even come close to covering those fees we pay, in fact.

Those are, in a nutshell, why we charge the $5 fee. We make it clear right on the product page, so it's obviously completely up to each customer if they wish to accept that or not. It's not perfect, but it's the best we can do :)

Sounds pretty fair to me. Like you said, it's in fine print, if you don't read it; then that's your fault.

ROK
08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
The $5 cancelation fee from tank guys is BS if you ask me.

You are right, of course.

TankGuys should have charged $20 for a canceled order...
$5 towards expenses, and $15 as a 'whiner tax'!

NoSoMo
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
To each their own I guess. I'm a "heavy" buyer and I stay away from companies that penalize their customers (even if they change their minds) for wanting to do business with them. I spend enough money that I can say just about anything I want about customer service; not to mention I run an e-commerce site and cancellations are just part of the business, processing fees are too unfortunately.

There are other merchant services out there that don't charge for returns. I'm not trying to give biz advice on a public forum, but I just don't like to hear someone complain about the cost of doing business. :shrug:

We'll see if mine gets filled for the 2 I have on order; Clubit has already shipped me 10

mario2008
08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I just called clubit if my q6600 ship as go stepping they said we are currently only shipping GO STEPPING, we will ship your cpu go stepping by tomorrow I feel much better after hearing that WOOOOOOOOT

fsh42na
08-06-2007, 11:20 AM

I really don't understand people like you. You're whining over $5 frickin bucks when you've probably spent many times over that for cpu, mobo, memory,case, etc. Tankguys is one of the best at giving customer service. Unfortunately, they are a small operation and don't have the financial cushion that the bigger operations have so I think $5 is pretty damn reasonable for me if I had canceled (I didn't). Since they're smaller, it didn't surprise me at all that they'd get their alotment after the bigger guys. Ben has always been accomodating and honest in all my dealings with him and I knew he was doing everything in his power to get the cpu's ASAP.

As far as Clubit, I love them too. They give great customer service and prices and they don't charge a restocking fee if you return an impulse buy that hasn't been used/opened (I have many times). But comparing them with Tankguys is just plain unfair to Tankguys. Tankguys is the "little guy" and I always make certain that I throw my support their way. This is the same reason I boycott Starbucks and prefer Peet's coffee (I'm on the West Coast).

So if you don't like the way Tankguys does business, don't buy from them, but let's make this whole thing into something it isn't.

To Ben, please don't let this guy/gal get to you. You do lots of good work and you are well respected in this community. Don't let the whiner get to ya:toast:

TankGuys
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
To Ben, please don't let this guy/gal get to you. You do lots of good work and you are well respected in this community. Don't let the whiner get to ya:toast:

Oh, not at all :) Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, and I completely understand where he is coming from. Our system is very unorthodox and likely doesn't please everyone - and that's certainly fine :) ALL businesses pass costs like this down to the customers, it's just that we're very up front and clear as to how it all works. To some, it's a welcome and refreshing change, while to others, it's just weird and doesn't seem "right". Different strokes for different folks :D We'll just do our best, and that's all we can do!

Brother Esau
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
AMEN...BROTHER:clap: :clap: :clap:

Omastar
08-06-2007, 03:48 PM

Why is it BS? You think it's easy for them to just scrub a pre-order from the record without incurring any time or energy expenditures? $5 sounds pretty reasonable to me. If you're really impatient and want to order from ClubIT (surprise, they're backordered now, too! :rolleyes: ), then the $5 seems of little consequence.

Plus, at least with TG you have an actual guarantee of G0. If you read ClubIT's fine print they say what you receive may not be what was advertised (B3 instead of G0, for instance; perhaps due to a typographical error...not likely, but possible).