PDA

View Full Version : Fan placement between rad and case?

rdmty
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey, so I'm going to mount a MCR320 at the top of my v1200 case in a pull config.... I was wondering should I place the fans between the rad and the case, or have the rad between the fans and the case, or most likely will it not make a difference :)

I also have no more fan grills, so I'm not so much thinking about performance, but which is better to leave "exposed," the fans or the rad?

jabski
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
-case-
-fans-
-rad-

Is how i would have it ;)

Xavior
08-02-2007, 03:52 PM
If you're having it in a pull configuration, I'd put the rad between the fans and the case, thus drawing air from outside the case. If not, you'd be using air that's heaten up by your hardware.

echn111
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I'd have the rad on top of the fans to muffle the sound.

rdmty
08-02-2007, 05:09 PM
If you're having it in a pull configuration, I'd put the rad between the fans and the case, thus drawing air from outside the case. If not, you'd be using air that's heaten up by your hardware.
ah yeah, I guess I meant either a pull or a push config, with the fans drawing air from outside the case. I got my pulling/pushing mixed up :P

I'd have the rad on top of the fans to muffle the sound.
I think that's a good point, so I'll probably go with that.

In other news... I just bought a Q6700 for $385 + $20 tax! WOOT! Now the question is, should I keep it?

Sparky
08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I have mine in the roof of my case, like this:

--case--
--fans---
---rad---

Fans blow up out of the case. I thought the point of watercooling your CPU and GPU was their heat went into the loop, then the air inside the case really isn't that much warmer than outside (a degree maybe, or two at the most from the chipset?).