PDA

View Full Version : XBX2 SATA Problems...any thoughts?

Speederlander
08-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok, broke out my XBX2 after my P5K-D took a dirt nap. It boots up fine with a raptor hooked up to a black port but when I add ANY additional HDs (either in black ICH7 ports or in Marvel ports) it won't boot. It finishes post and the Marvel check then just sits there with a cursor flashing. Never even tries to load Windows...at all.

I am SURE I have my XP drive set for the boot drive. I have checked this about 20 times now. No matter what I do, as soon as an extra drive is hooked up, no boot at all. I unplug the extra drive, boots right up.

I must be doing something really stupid. Marvel sata secondary control is enabled in BIOS, so that's not it (plus I can plug the drive into black ICH7 slot or Marvel slot, no difference). I have the boot settings correct (for XP, etc.). I have no DVD in the DVD drive. I have no floppy plugged in. Comp is totally stable, there are no OC issues that I am aware of. It is reading the extra drive(s) because it shows up in BIOS.

I should at least be able to boot when my drives are all on the black ICH7 plugs!!

All help is greatly appreciated!

Speederlander
08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Flashed latest BIOS, problem fixed.

Speederlander
08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I take that back. I have 6 HDs hooked up now, BIOS shows all 6 and the machine boots up no problem. But Windows only shows 3 HDs. It's missing 1 black (ICH7) SATA slot and the Marvel slots.

Bah.

Edit: Device manager shows 4 drives while My Computer shows 3....

noobzter
08-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Can you see the drives in the Disk Management console?