PDA

View Full Version : MC-res micro fill cap...

miochza
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
So while I am in graphics card RMA limbo, I remembered that I never added PT nuke (probably doesn't matter much since I am 10% pentosin) so I tried to open the fill cap on my swiftech MCres micro, but I can't get it off. The screw top is warped from about a week of use. Apparently I overtighten (I felt it better to err on the side of caution for tipping the case over, etc). So are there replacement rubber stoppers, or anything that won't warp?

Eddie3dfx
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
My cap went bad as well, not the thread or rubber but the flat head screw insert on the top is almost a philips at this point :eek:

hoax
07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
thats part of the reason why lots of users prefer to buy the MCres with a re-tapped 1/4'' BSPP barb... that and the temp probes :p:

anyway, jabtech was the only place I seen it for sale but its not in stock :(

http://jab-tech.com/Fill-cap-with-O-ring-for-MCRES-525-pr-2610.html

Sparky
07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what the standard threading is of the cap port. Maybe you could retap it to be 1/4 then you could put an EK G1/4 plug in it?

conference
07-30-2007, 03:14 PM
petrastechshop retaps the fill hole to 1/4" threads for 3 dollars I think.

miochza
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
petrastechshop retaps the fill hole to 1/4" threads for 3 dollars I think.

I ordered it from them. I probably ignored the option because I didn't know what it was at the time. I still can't open it, it won't budge! :mad:

BMSliger
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
The last couple of MCRES-Micro's I have purchased have been retapped for G1/4 but in my old documentation I had a note that the thread on the reservoir's fill port is PG-7 and the McMaster-Carr part number for a nickel-plated brass replacement was 7381K11.

This assumes you can get the old one out. Since the plastic cap uses an o-ring I would think you need to use one with the metal replacement. Hope this helps.

Jedda
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I ordered it from them. I probably ignored the option because I didn't know what it was at the time. I still can't open it, it won't budge! :mad:

It's under suction. Open your loop somewhere and you'll hear an inrush of air, then try the res cap again.

Section8
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
If you order the re-tapped 1/4 inch thread MCRes from Petra's can you just buy like one of the EK 1/4 inch thread plugs?

Riddlinkidstone
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
If you order the re-tapped 1/4 inch thread MCRes from Petra's can you just buy like on of the EK 1/4 inch thread plugs?

Yes.

miochza
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
It's under suction. Open your loop somewhere and you'll hear an inrush of air, then try the res cap again.

That sounds like a last resort kind of thing. The point of the reservoir is so I don't have to open up my loop to add stuff.

I think I'll order that replacement top from MC master, it's metal.