PDA

View Full Version : HZ stick dead (who would've guessed!) and another likely on the way out...

Frostybyte
07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Hello,

Firstly... I have to ask, is anything being changed or adjusted in regards to the easy fail rate at default speeds/voltages on D9GMH containing modules ? Surely you guys at G.skill can't expect a good percentage of people to just tolerate RMA's as matter of routine ?
I was hoping this wasn't such a big problem but what do you know, it's finally happened to me. Alot of people can't just go buy another set of ram while the first is RMA'ed for 2 months (i'm not in U.S).

Sorry, just irritated cause I payed a bunch for this ram 6 months ago.

Can I have a working RMA link please ?

I have a 2 x 1gb set and one stick is still booting (the other won't boot now at any voltage), do I send both sticks back ? Do I have to include original packaging ? I'd prefer to at least use the good stick, even if it eventually breaks down and goes slower and slower purely because I can't afford to replace this ram - bought it as long term investment.

Thanks very much.

GSKILL TECH
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.gskill.us/pics/rma.doc

you don;t need to send it both but we don't guarantee the replacement is going to work perfect with your old one. it is better to ship in both. you don't need to have original package.

Frostybyte
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi..

Looking at the RMA form, it asks for invoice number but I purchased through a dealer on Trademe (new but didn't supply receipt). Am I screwed then ?

Frostybyte
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
So far it seems ok. I can possibly even RMA it to a reseller in my country (New Zealand) which would be amazing!

GSKILL TECH
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Advance shipping doens't allowed at 99% of the time

Frostybyte
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Just a little update... I've sent the ram away already. REALLY happy with the way G.skill have handled it, they directed me to their reseller here in New Zealand who are going to send me the ram so that it doesn't take so long. Such a trouble-free process... i'm very grateful!

jt710
08-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I found the same issue with default voltage, I sent my RMA request to G.Skill- let's see how it goes

Patriote
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Sent a RMA form a few hours ago. I'm in Canada. We'll see how thing goes!

1 of my 2 HZ sticks has died...