PDA

View Full Version : help wanted with athlon 800mhz o/c

inthemix
07-03-2002, 12:38 AM
heya guys, i have a questions here. yesterday my friend and me used the pencil trick to unlock his amd athlon t-bird 800mhz. before doing that through the bios there was an option where you could adjust the fsb. the highest fsb speed we achieved was 112 multiplied by 8 which was the default multiplier gave a speed of 897 Mhz. We did the pencil trick in order to unlock the multiplier(thats the use of the pencil trick, right?) but we couldnt find any new settings in the bios where we could change the multiplier. ive seen some photos where says that in order to achieve certain multiplier speeds you must edit the L6 in a different way according to the multiplier you want to get. with the pencil trick doesnt the multiplier being unlocked? or you have to do that L6 stuff? Thanks in advance.

IFMU
07-03-2002, 01:16 AM
You might have to check for jumpers on the motherboard. The multiplyers might be in jumper version and not within the bios.

What board do you have? Might be able to find the info on it and give you some better answers.

IFMU

inthemix
07-03-2002, 03:30 AM
thanks for the reply, im going to ask him to tell me his model. its an asus mobo. so the multiplier setting could be enabled without any modifications to L6 bridge?

EDIT: havent ask him yet but i looked the pictures of different asus mobos and im pretty sure its the A7V133-C http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7v133-c/overview.htm or the A7V133 http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7v133/overview.htm because i remember his mobo had that small pcb plate, just below the usb/serial/ps2 ports, installed vertically and i havent found that in any other mobos.

IFMU
07-03-2002, 03:54 AM
Ok kewl if that is the correct motherboard, then check out this manual here, it has dipswitches to change the multies. and you can set it to use the bios fsb or you can use dip switches too.

Manual (ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt133a/a7v133-c/a7v133(-c)_105.pdf)

theres the manual for it. Check it out. Should be pretty easy. But if yea have any probs let us know!~!

inthemix
07-03-2002, 04:39 AM
thanks ifmu. great place btw. im going to visit your 3dmarkforum. have a question for 3dmark :)