PDA

View Full Version : Soyo Dragon + problems

Bull
07-03-2002, 12:04 AM
I have an Amd 1600+ and an Ax7 HS. I decided to install it in another case. Well I decided to reapply the AS3 and I slipped with the screwdriver taking the heatsink off. I looked at the board and didn't see any damage. I tried starting it up and get one long beep continuously. I checked Soyos site and it says it is not detecting the ram. I reseated it and it did the same thing. I also tried 3 different sticks and also every slot in combinations. If I fill just bank 2 or 3 I don't get any beeps. If I fill all 3 then I don't get any beeps either. It just beeps when bank 1 is filled up. I took some compressed air and blew the dust away that was collecting there. Then I took a flashlight and looked at the board very carefully and don't see anything wrong. I also reinstalled the processor to make sure it was seated good and it does the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has had any problem like this. The board ran good before this.

sysfailur
07-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Check a few things...

1. Is your CPU cracked cus of the slip?
2. Did you smack your ram when u slipped?
3. Have you tried another chip of ram?
4. Try resetting the bios. Who knows. ;)

Bull
07-03-2002, 01:54 AM
The cpu is fine. I checked it in another board that I have. The ram I didn't have installed when I installed the heatsink. I have 4 other sticks of ram that I tried. I know they are all good because I tried them in the a7v333 that I have. But I haven't tried resetting the cmos. I will try that tomorrow. Who knows?

Bull
07-03-2002, 01:31 PM
I tried the cmos. Still no good. I must have damaged something on the board.

KnightElite
07-03-2002, 04:51 PM
You probably accidentally cut one of the traces going to the first DIMM slot. Not really a big deal if the other two slots still work without problems.

Bull
07-03-2002, 08:55 PM
none of the other memory slots work so it must be more than a trace. I'm going to keep the board around for a little while. Maybe I can pinpoint the damage.

scrllock
07-12-2002, 08:36 AM
try this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1189)
Go to the link in the first post. Hope that helps.