PDA

View Full Version : Playing with my new Rebel Xti....

dippyskoodlez
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10496049@N02/

Comments? :)

Using the 18-55mm lense that comes with the kit.. and a Rebel XTi.

I love this camera. :up:

Grinch
07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
looks like they still have not fixed the underexposing issue...however if you decide to fix it...I recommend going to:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=309044&highlight=underexposure

I have the same camera as well as a 30D and this seems to help ALOT!

Soulburner
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
How is there an "underexposing issue" on a manual DSLR?

An underexposed picture means not enough light...fix it with more ISO, slower shutter speed or bigger aperture.

dippyskoodlez
07-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Interesting.Some seemed to report the firmware fixed this a bit, and I'm using 1.0.4 at the moment (factory).

I do believe 1.1.0 is available, so I'll have to try flashing it tomrrow.

dippyskoodlez
07-26-2007, 06:51 PM

An underexposed picture means not enough light...fix it with more ISO, slower shutter speed or bigger aperture.

I previously owned a Kodak C743. :down:

But from a "point and shoot" perspective, this camera does an EXCELLENT job IMO.

This thing has all sorts of doo-hickeys I wanna get to know over time, but I'm getting comfortable with the current "modes" and how to access settings first :up:

I'll venture into other modes as I progress :)

Grinch
07-27-2007, 04:04 AM

it has an inherint flaw that is hardware related...1000's of people were sending theirs into canon to have it fixed...this is a very well known subject on dpreview & the link i posted above...

Magnj
07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Quite a bit of under exposure and blurry shots but not bad...have fun

Jimmer411
09-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I picked up a Sony H2 pretty cheap so I could learn all the functions before jumping completely into DSLR. Rebel XTI is the camera I have my eyes set on next once I step up :D Unless something sweeter comes my way in that time.

Put a black border around the one called "Josh". Its a nice shot :)