PDA

View Full Version : 360 Version

Monkeywoman
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I've pre-ordered Halo 3 but i dont own a 360. reason being that i dont want a broken one :p: SOo i was woundering, if i was to go down to the local futureshop and look at the UPC of the 360 box, is there a way to tell how new the system is? like if it was made in Augest? the reason i want a new batched 360 is because they now have beefed up cooling and i would like one of them.

thanks

yaddam205
07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
The new batch of 65nm 360s wont be out till around Christmas time however the "defective" part in the Xbox 360 that causes most of the ring-o-deaths is getting fixed (the DVD drive) and most have been recalled so I would say if you buy it in 2 week or more you would be fine.

Monkeywoman
07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
2 weeks? ok, but how would i tell is the system i'm "new". is there a number or a code on the UPC or SKU that will hint that? i can wait 3 weeks and still end up with an older batched 360.

yaddam205
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Hell not that I know, as far I am concerned they will be the same on both the new and the old with no distinguishing serial number.

But hey I'd prolly ask over in one of the Xbox enthusiast forums.

YukonTrooper
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Even if you bought one now and you had it fail on you, you will receive a 3 year warranty from the purchase date and Microsoft will repair the 360 and also pay for shipping both ways. I'm actually waiting for the shipping box that they are sending me so I can send it back to them.

I've had 2 360's fail on me now. The first one was refurbished which I bought online and then the guy who I bought it from on eBay replaced it with another refurbished unit. Unfortunately this one broke down as well but lucky me because Microsoft introduced the 3 year warranty from purchase date. This Xbox was manufactured right at the end of 2005 so I'm sending this POS (which I love BTW) to Microsoft to fix once and for all. I could have opened the fu**** thing and repaired it myself probably and was about to attempt to but Microsoft announced the new warranty just in time. I think I'll tear it open anyways when I get it back and put some AS5 on the CPU and GPU. Might buy some quieter fans for it as well so I can enjoy my HDDVD's without having to listen to a flippin' tornado at the same time.

yaddam205
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Even if you bought one now and you had it fail on you, you will receive a 3 year warranty from the purchase date and Microsoft will repair the 360 and also pay for shipping both ways. I'm actually waiting for the shipping box that they are sending me so I can send it back to them.

Only if you get the 3 red lights of death.

YukonTrooper
07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
yaddam205;2330912']Only if you get the 3 red lights of death.
Sure, but 90% of 360 warranties are due to "Three Red Lights of Death". He'll still have the first year to cover everything else. Not to mention you can always purchase the extended warranty for an additional 1 or 2 years.

Monkeywoman
07-26-2007, 06:35 AM
thats sick, and if it fails on me they will send me a newer one. if lets say i get the ring next year; they would have to replace it with a newer 360. that would mean 65nm cpu and gpu. sick, BTW i'm going to get an Elite and i havent heard about any problems with them so i doubt the phucker will die on me.

YukonTrooper
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Yah, don't worry about anything. Just go ahead and pick up your 360 because Microsoft has done a very good job at making sure the customer is satisfied with all the new policies they introduced. I think they spent like $1.6 billion on the new 3 year warranty.

afireinside
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
yaddam205;2330472']The new batch of 65nm 360s wont be out till around Christmas time however the "defective" part in the Xbox 360 that causes most of the ring-o-deaths is getting fixed (the DVD drive) and most have been recalled so I would say if you buy it in 2 week or more you would be fine.

The DVD drive? I'm pretty sure it's a solder point heat issue :stick:

Bigchrome
07-27-2007, 05:20 AM
If mine died without the 3 red lights of death I would just solder the power directly to them.....ha