PDA

View Full Version : IP35 Pro Post code 8.7.

OpTioN
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I tried booting up this system and it gave me a 8.7. Error code.

The motherboard Abit IP35 PRO

ferdasyn
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
First of all , as it is the first time when I post here I send my greetings to everyone and congrats for the great community gathered around this forum.
I have to jump quickly to my issue and the reason why I post here is that I experience the exact same trouble as the one described by OpTioN. The error code "8.7" according to Mobo's manual is related with the power sequence and the meaning of it is "Check CPU core voltage".
Whether or not it has to do with the CPU I still need to find out.
My system consists of an Abit IP35Pro, Corsair HX520W, C2D 6750, Scythe Ninja, 2x1GB ddr2 800+ Adata Vitesta, EVGA KO ACS3 8800 GTS .
The system hangs at above mentioned 8.7 post code.
So far I've tried to change the cpu as I thought the mobo won;t recognise a brand new 6750 without a bios flash. Therefore I gave a try with a P4 524, some old piece with 533, and i received C1 error code all the time. I heard that the mobo doesn;t provide support for such antiques. Then I've tried to change the memory modules as I heard that my memory kit will need some more volts and I might need another ram module to boot into bios and then make some changes in bios in order to provide some more volts to the dimm's. Well it didn't worked out, I've tried 2 different ram modules, a 512MB Kingmax ddr800 and some SEC ddr2 667 1GB module.
Then I thought the PSU might be the problem so I've tried with other two.. no so potent ones but I had no other brand ones around. I ended up with the same result.
I just wonder whether I should RMA the board or keep on trying. I am really interested if you (OpTioN) managed to pass that "8.7." in the mean time, and which was the procedure you followed.
thanx in advance for any replies and thanx for your time.

kiner
08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
if you see 8.7. ... I suggest that you first check 8pin and 24pin connectors...

if there isn't anything wrong, change a power supply to test it...

if power supply is fine... you may need to change a motherboard to see if it's the problem of this motherboard...

ferdasyn
08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanx for your reply :)
I did that I forgot the number of times I did checked all the connections. I used the 8 pin additional atx then the 4 pin atx, I changed the psu with an identical corsair hx520 which I use in another system, then i used a Chieftec 350w and lastly some cheap 400w PSU. Always the system hanged at "8.7"
Today I've got some other ram modules with specified 1,8v on their label to be sure that it is not ram related (Kingston with Elpida ic's and Kingmakx with Nanya). Then I tested with another video card ,a less power hungry Radeon x1550 without pci additional 6 pin plug. The system hanged with the same 8.7 so I decided to RMA the board.

Grinch
08-13-2007, 02:57 PM
First of all , as it is the first time when I post here I send my greetings to everyone and congrats for the great community gathered around this forum.
I have to jump quickly to my issue and the reason why I post here is that I experience the exact same trouble as the one described by OpTioN. The error code "8.7" according to Mobo's manual is related with the power sequence and the meaning of it is "Check CPU core voltage".
Whether or not it has to do with the CPU I still need to find out.
My system consists of an Abit IP35Pro, C2D 6750, 2x1GB ddr2 800+ Adata Vitesta, Scythe Ninja, Corsair HX520W.
The system hangs at above mentioned 8.7 post code.
So far I've tried to change the cpu as I thought the mobo won;t recognise a brand new 6750 without a bios flash. Therefore I gave a try with a P4 524, some old piece with 533, and i received C1 error code all the time. I heard that the mobo doesn;t provide support for such antiques. Then I've tried to change the memory modules as I heard that my memory kit will need some more volts and I might need another ram module to boot into bios and then make some changes in bios in order to provide some more volts to the dimm's. Well it didn't worked out, I've tried 2 different ram modules, a 512MB Kingmax ddr800 and some SEC ddr2 667 1GB module.
Then I thought the PSU might be the problem so I've tried with other two.. no so potent ones but I had no other brand ones around. I ended up with the same result.
I just wonder whether I should RMA the board or keep on trying. I am really interested if you (OpTioN) managed to pass that "8.7." in the mean time, and which was the procedure you followed.
thanx in advance for any replies and thanx for your time.

I am having the same issues as you are...bye bye abit:down:

strange|ife
08-14-2007, 02:10 AM
dont give up the easily

i went through 2 p5k's honestly, and they where worse, not to spread FUD. but the truth in my exp

RMA the board, you will get a working one. this board is very good. only problem is droop.

or you could get the new DFI p35

ferdasyn
08-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Today arrived back the board I sent one week ago to RMA. It is the same board I sent (I checked the serial number) and they fixed the problem by reflashing the bios. Yet I am not sure whether reflashing it's a standard procedure for such code errors or not, but the ones experinecing similar troubles and having an identical board at their disposal might try a hot flash.. or by removing the bios chip from its socket to try to flash it using an external device for writing bios.
I hope the information will prove to be helpful for you.
ferdasyn

OpTioN
08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
i fixed this issue awhile thanks though

Nosfer@tu
08-27-2007, 01:10 AM
The c1 issue can be because you tigthend your cpu Cooler to hard to the board.

I LOVE THE MOBO, no issues at all.