PDA

View Full Version : Very dissapointed in support

Villainstone
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I emailed Abit webstore like 3-4 times and have yet to recieve a reply. I want to purchase the Silent Otes NB and MOSFET heatsink for the AB9 QuadGT. I noticed that you sell other MoBo heatsinks and Silent Otes HS in the webstore so I hope that it will not be a problem.

I really hope that we can at least get me an answer from the webstore fellas and have them look into my request. Thanks a lot Abit guy have a good one.

Villainstone
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh come on don't tell me the Forum support is not any better. I really really want want one of these HS... PLEASE lol.

Wildcat293
08-02-2007, 06:41 AM
I don't think I'll buy abit again, their support was never the greatest but it's terrible now, and their website is useless. I have a QuadGT and they never update their driver page with new drivers, and I have to use a 3rd party bios because they can't release a fix without screwing something else up.

uOpt
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Is any of this new?

Johnny Bravo
08-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Sorry but you cant get ahold of these atm because they simply don't have any spare ones about. I think in time this will get better but I've struggled myself to ahold of one of these with not much luck :(

Nosfer@tu
08-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Well Abits support has been lacking dedication the last 2 years.

they dont even answer their own subforum here at XS!

Agent11
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
You would have a lot more luck on abit's official forum.

billdavis
08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
1 vote to take them off of xs

Heidfirst
08-09-2007, 04:20 PM
they dont even answer their own subforum here at XS!
Notice what it says on the forum "End user technical support only!" - no official abit support here.

As for the webstore/website comments I bet that you are looking at the abit USA (or as it will become uabit.com) site which is all being rebuilt & as such is incomplete, out of date & not yet ready for primetime.
If you look at the global site you'll find much more upto date BIOS/driver support.

There are definite signs that a year after the USI investment abit are on a bit of a roll incl. improved support.

Nosfer@tu
08-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Well if all other prucers have a guy hired to support, Why dont abit ?

Heidfirst
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't see any other mobo mfrs with forums here (so possibly this one is a throwback to a previous age?).
They pretty much all prefer to do individual support by email/ 'phone & provide their own user forums (abit, Asus, DFI, MSI).

The ATI & Team Group forums here don't look well supported either.

StealthyFish
08-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Well if all other prucers have a guy hired to support, Why dont abit ?

actually, they have like 1 guy for technical support I think. I called them up twice and both times, I got this guy with a heavy oriental accent, lol (actually, now that I think about it, GeIL does too...)

I'm going through Abit's RMA right now. The best way to get them is to call them. Screw the emailing. I shot them an email and I've yet to see a response. Calling is the most effective way.

and plus, like some other guy said, they're improving. rememeber, when a company is going downhill, support is usually the first department to get cut.

Heidfirst
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM
actually, they have like 1 guy for technical support I think.
abit UK certainly have more than 1 so I would imagine that abit USA does too given that it's a bigger market.

strange|ife
08-14-2007, 02:14 AM
its all crap.

except evga, but they cant put out a working board.

celemine1Gig
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
The European Abit Support has always been great for me. E-mailed them last week, requesting an I/O-Shield for my AW9D and got the response in about 15 Minutes. And it was exactly the info I needed. So perhaps it's just the US support that sucks.
Not that it would improve your situation in the US in any way. Just wanted to add that not the whole Abit support seems to be that "bad".

Heidfirst
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
abit UK are very good too.

All I can say is that abit USA are aware & supposedly things are being set in hand to improve the situation.

Gunlance
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
abit UK are very good too.

All I can say is that abit USA are aware & supposedly things are being set in hand to improve the situation.

Man I hope so. Took me 2 months and 2 rmas to get a working quad gt. Even then I paid to cross ship one, and instead of refunding me the cash,,,,,,THEy SEND ME ANOTHER quadgt. So I've had enough of abit for life.