PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a new system.

richmt11
06-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here.
I jus want to know what motherboard you guys would recommend for the new system im going to buy and what i will be using it for.
The system will have 512mb of DDR 2700 (probably twinmos, cheapo kind that dont OC well as thats all i can afford at the moment) the processor will be a Athlon XP 2000 maybe 2400 not totally decided yet and will be a thoroughbred core. After i have got these and with motherboard i will be gettin a Chaintech Geforce4 Ti4200 (128mb version). I will be using it primarily for gaming, music and general use (as its music i would like good on board sound).
I have heard alot of good things about motherboards with the Nforce2 chipset so i will go for one. I will probably order it from komplett.co.uk. So if any of you can give me advice on a Nforce2 board from there which you think would be best for me (I wouldnt like to spend over £100 on my motherboard).
Oh yeh and also i will not be doing much if any overclocking as im not experienced in that at all! lol!
Anyways any help is greatly appreciated!

Rich

CCW
06-29-2003, 11:49 AM
First off, WELCOME TO THE XTREME.

TwinMOS doesnt clock bad, get WinBOND chips good stuff.

Look at the Epox 8RDA+ (£65) or NF7-S v2.0 (£79) from Komplett. The Abit is the better board but the Epox is very good, I have the Epox (as well you know.) Get a 2500+ Barton. Extra cache and room for overclocking later.

The Abit will have the better sound.

Craig