PDA

View Full Version : PA 120.3 availability?

SoulsCollective
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey all
Being down here in Australia, I'm finding it difficult to source the parts I want for a new build. I'd really like to go with a 120.3 rad if I can, but I can't find anywhere in Australia that stocks it - I'm going to have to go overseas. Given the strong currency at the moment, it actually works out cheaper for me to buy from the US and pay postage, but not living in the US, I don't know where to look. Additionally, it has to be somewhere that will ship internationally.

I've found Petra's Tech Shop (http://www.petrastechshop.com/thpara2.html), which does ship to Australia and I know several friends of mine have made orders there, but the 120.3 is listed as "Out of Stock". Does anyone know of any other places that ship internationally that have the 120.3 in stock, or, failing that, how long it will be 'till they have the 120.3 in stock?

sick_g4m3r
07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
MCR320 is just as good as the 120.3. save some money and time.

Vice
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
120.3 does beat the mcr-320, but not by much.

You may be better off ordering directly from Thermochill, it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Gamer67
07-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Might be of some help....

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152528

SoulsCollective
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
You may be better off ordering directly from Thermochill, it seems to be out of stock everywhere.Not an option. Shipping to Australia costs £81.95 (more than the price of the rad), which at current exchange rates comes to slightly under $AU 200.

Might be of some help....
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152528
Thanks, but they don't stock it.

silverphoenix
07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
thermochill has a distributor in taiwan I believe, you can check them out. No retailer in US has it stock except frozencpu, but they are marked up by a good $30 usd.

IanY
07-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Its worth paying the $30 premium.

DarthBeavis
07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I have one right here . . .but it is spoken for ;) Call Danger Den.

silverphoenix
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Dangerden sent me an email today, they expect next shipment in 3 weeks

SoulsCollective
07-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the link, and they ship internationally too! Looks like I'll be making an order from FrozenCPU, unless anyone knows of anywhere else?

hecktic
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
keep in mind almost all resellers again go through danger den and we all know danger den will like to play games with the other resellers of thermochill radiators... dont expect every retailer to have them same day danger den puts them in stock on their site.

virtualrain
07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Its worth paying the $30 premium.

Agreed. Although I'm not liking the price, I just ordered one from FrozenCPU because I can't hold off any longer and too many times I've purchased second best and been regretful later when I have $30 burning a hole in my pocket.

sergers
07-23-2007, 10:39 PM
besides dangerden... every etailer is SOL...

dangerden is using there next shipment for themselves (3 weeks).
dangerden has ordered more for North American etailers... who knows how long.

etailers in North America need to stop ordering through DD... it takes like 6 weeks for a rad to go from thermochill -> DD -> etailer.

I know of one NA etailer who has switched from DD going through another avenue... not sure if they are getting directly from thermochill, but its coming from overseas (not from distributor in NA).
they say expect it in 2-3 weeks... They claim to be getting them before anyone else in NA. They will not ship outside of NA

so untill I have ordered mine, and I know when its going to be here... I am going to hold off on telling you guys... LOL (sorry).

LinusTech
07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Hehe, now that's just plain not nice. You should at *least* give them a hint.... ;)

hecktic
07-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Hehe, now that's just plain not nice. You should at *least* give them a hint.... ;)

hi. welcome to the XS.

Question since you are here and posting in a thread that would concern you guys.

Does Danger Den give you guys any hints or notices on stock from thermochill ?

LinusTech
07-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Danger Den has not been able to give me any sort of ETA regarding Thermochill radiators, shrouds, barbs, or anything else that comes from Marci & Co,

The only way I even know about the rumor of the shipment coming to them in 3 weeks is from reading this forum. They didn't mention it to me.

I usually spend at least an hour a week talking to someone or other from Danger Den, so I'm in very regular contact with them.

They are a valuable partner, and I'm sure they're doing their best to bring in as many Thermochill radiators as they can. We all just need to be patient.

;)

hecktic
07-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Danger Den has not been able to give me any sort of ETA regarding Thermochill radiators, shrouds, barbs, or anything else that comes from Marci & Co,

The only way I even know about the rumor of the shipment coming to them in 3 weeks is from reading this forum. They didn't mention it to me.

I usually spend at least an hour a week talking to someone or other from Danger Den, so I'm in very regular contact with them.

They are a valuable partner, and I'm sure they're doing their best to bring in as many Thermochill radiators as they can. We all just need to be patient.

;)

Thanks for the response. It seems almost all of the resellers Ive spoken to of the thermochill rads are saying the same thing, that basically its a guessing game.. and even then Danger Den plays around and holds them off from other retailers while they stock up first and jack up the prices sometimes...

well thanks for the response.

I think that should reconfirm everyones suspicions and reassure people in this thread that its going to be a long wait for these radiators.

Last question, If someone was to order a PA 120.3 now from you knowing its not in stock and that as soon as it is, it will be shipped out, would there be a price adjustment if more money was needed to be paid to complete the purchase assuming the price goes up when it arrives in stock?

justin_c
07-24-2007, 12:19 AM
dangerden is not the best; remember when they shipped the 120.3s without the neoprene gaskets to resellers?

illusion.au
07-24-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.gammods.com.au/store/ - australian thermochill reseller

i bought the last 120.3 they had in stock last week (sorry :p).. he told me they are expecting more stock within the next week or two though

i was going to buy direct from thermochill before i came across gam mods... but like you said the shipping charges are a joke!

Jedda
07-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah, GAM sells the TC stuff.
He has more rads due atm.
I bought direct from TC. If you get a group together it costs the same to ship one down under as it does to ship six.
Our six PA120.3s cost $160 each at my place. Ten dollars more to get each to their houses.
So we got a great price but our warranty is with TC in the UK.
If you buy from GAM you pay a bit more but your warranty is with him. He carries the grills and other stuff too.
Nice guy, to do business with.

MountainMods
07-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Mountain Mods has a handful of Thermochill Rad's in stock including 120.3's..

LinusTech
07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I think that should reconfirm everyones suspicions and reassure people in this thread that its going to be a long wait for these radiators.

Oh I wouldn't go that far... There *may* be a shipment showing up available on www.NCIXUS.com and www.NCIX.com in the next 2 weeks or so. ;) ;) ;)

Last question, If someone was to order a PA 120.3 now from you knowing its not in stock and that as soon as it is, it will be shipped out, would there be a price adjustment if more money was needed to be paid to complete the purchase assuming the price goes up when it arrives in stock?

More money will not be needed. Our pricing is accurate.

In the unlikely event that we do have a bunch of backorders and our supplier changes the price, we would inform you before making any changes and give you a chance to cancel the order. Sometimes these things have to be done. It's part of this business. Pricing is often very erratic.

hecktic
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
alright great

dietwaterrr
07-24-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.mountainmods.com/radiators-thermochill-c-35_48_78.html

*WOOPS*
Totally did not see mountainmods post lol. oh well ill just leave it up here.

hecktic
07-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Mountain Mods has a handful of Thermochill Rad's in stock including 120.3's..

not for long they wont... is your inventory of stock live on the site as people order the radiator?

DarthBeavis
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Why all the Danger Den haters? Sometimes I wish they would come here an post to set you guys straight like Petra does . . .they think they will be accused of just trying to get sales or get into lame pissing matches. If you do have issues and want them to respond they will do some at the DD forums. You guys have to realize these are small companies doing their best to meet increasing demands (they are basically enthusiasts like us who decided to make a business out of their passion). If they make mistakes then let them know so they can correct it but making accussations about manipulating stock so they can charge more is ghey.

Waterlogged
07-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Spoken like a true fanboi.

ranker
07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Why all the Danger Den haters? Sometimes I wish they would come here an post to set you guys straight like Petra does . . .they think they will be accused of just trying to get sales or get into lame pissing matches. If you do have issues and want them to respond they will do some at the DD forums. You guys have to realize these are small companies doing their best to meet increasing demands (they are basically enthusiasts like us who decided to make a business out of their passion). If they make mistakes then let them know so they can correct it but making accussations about manipulating stock so they can charge more is ghey.

In random conversations with two different resellers that will remain unnamed, both of them insinuated DD of such tactics without me having broached the subject directly.

I also think some people have a bad taste in their mouth over a variety of issues. The lack of tact involved in handling the fiasco revolving around the leaks from their 8800 FC blocks spread around like wildfire. At first they'd refuse to refund anything. Only a persistent few managed to get DD to cover the costs of their new equipment and ONLY if they had receipts. The craftsmanship of the DD FC blocks over all were also atrocious.

My personal experiences are mixed. They seem to take no care in packaging their products and plenty of my TC radiators and shrouds came shipped with dings as there was literally a handful of peanuts surrounding the internal package on 2 separate occasions. I had to send back two different shrouds both times as they were warped beyond being easily bent back in shape.

Overall, I just think people are disappointed with DD not releasing any competitive products as of late. All of their products are outdated. Quite honestly, the only reason I even shop at their store is either for a fill port (best one in town!) or for TC stuff when everyone else is out of stock.

Waterlogged
07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Overall, I just think people are disappointed with DD not releasing any competitive products as of late. All of their products are outdated.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

albertyin
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I just got my PA series from Australia XD
You could contact with GAM MODS (http://www.gammods.com.au/store/), usually they are in stock soon
at least it is cheaper than you buy oversea

LinusTech
07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I also think some people have a bad taste in their mouth over a variety of issues. The lack of tact involved in handling the fiasco revolving around the leaks from their 8800 FC blocks spread around like wildfire. At first they'd refuse to refund anything. Only a persistent few managed to get DD to cover the costs of their new equipment and ONLY if they had receipts. The craftsmanship of the DD FC blocks over all were also atrocious.

My personal experience with Danger Den in regards to the full cover block fiasco was that they handled it extremely well. They cross shipped us the replacements and even offered to handle the RMAs themselves to save us the shipping cost of sending blocks to customers.

Jedda
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
How do you handle a fiasco well?
(rhetorical question)
With the sums most users have tied up in gpu, motherboard, cpu etc, there's a significant element of trust placed in any block maker's products.
Once betrayed, that trust is not soon rebuilt. It's no surprise that many view DD with a jaundiced eye, reluctant to extend the benefit of any doubt they once may have.
Whether caused by manipulation or incompetence North American TC marketing is currently a bit of a joke.
Only, few are laughing.

MountainMods
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
not for long they wont... is your inventory of stock live on the site as people order the radiator?

Yes, live stock.

Jedda
07-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, live stock.

:D That is such a straight line.
I don't know whether to do a herding live-stock joke or a Brokeback Mountain Mods cowboy joke?:shrug:

DarthBeavis
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
How do you handle a fiasco well?
(rhetorical question)
With the sums most users have tied up in gpu, motherboard, cpu etc, there's a significant element of trust placed in any block maker's products.
Once betrayed, that trust is not soon rebuilt. It's no surprise that many view DD with a jaundiced eye, reluctant to extend the benefit of any doubt they once may have.
Whether caused by manipulation or incompetence North American TC marketing is currently a bit of a joke.
Only, few are laughing.

My information is EVERY customer had this level of service with regards to the defective block. Why should DD have to pay the cost of damanged components? If you do a proper leak test for 24 hrs without power you have NO damaged components. Fault = customer. With watercooling their is an inherent risk. If you are not prepared for it then stick to air.

Waterlogged is was a frequent poster at the DD forums but became jaded. I don't know what they did to tick him off. Everyone wanted him to stick around because he really did alot to help n00bs with advice. If I did not like DD products I would switch.

If you guys have ideas for new products then make suggestions.

Waterlogged
07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
THEY didn't do anything to tick me off, and you should have left the "is" out. I think I've only logged in once since I stated I was leaving. I left because anytime someone asked what to get, they were told to get a DD block. Now I understand that it's DD site and they have that right but, the newbs were never told they had options other than DD. Also, anytime someone asked for a case recommendation, it was always a MM case. Are they good cases, yes....hell, I long for a Twice 7 but simply cant justify spending that much on a case anymore. Again, ppl were rarely (if ever) told they had options. The incessant fanboi-ism drove me away. "Everyone" huh? I saw that topic, and IIRC, it was only 2 ppl besides yourself, they didn't seem that broken up about my departure.

DarthBeavis
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
should have left the "is" out.

Wishful thinking (hoping you would come back) ;)

Dude people who want to watercool with a Thermochill PA 120.3 should have a MM case recommended to them. The cases are built for that purpose. Danger Den does not own Mountain Mods yet you just said Mountain Mod cases are often recommended there. That sounds like a non DD option to me.

Hey_Its_Cole
07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Mine shipped from MountainMods today.

Marci
07-26-2007, 01:24 AM
thermochill has a distributor in taiwan I believe
They haven't ordered stock in a LONG time... they're getting removed from our site later today.

hecktic
07-26-2007, 01:44 AM
They haven't ordered stock in a LONG time... they're getting removed from our site later today.

ouch

Waterlogged
07-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Wishful thinking (hoping you would come back) ;)

Dude people who want to watercool with a Thermochill PA 120.3 should have a MM case recommended to them. The cases are built for that purpose. Danger Den does not own Mountain Mods yet you just said Mountain Mod cases are often recommended there. That sounds like a non DD option to me.

Please let the Jager wear off then re-read that post. That isn't what I said....better yet, I''ll summarize.

Block requests always = Go DD

Case requests almost always = Go MM (sometimes Waterbox/ Waterbox+)

LinusTech
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Back on topic....

Our radiators should arrive within a week. It should be noted though that they have no gaskets (available separately on our site for a nominal fee) and no barbs.

buffbiff21
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know whether to do a herding live-stock joke or a Brokeback Mountain Mods cowboy joke?:shrug:

:rofl:

DarthBeavis
07-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Please let the Jager wear off then re-read that post. That isn't what I said....better yet, I''ll summarize.

Block requests always = Go DD

Case requests almost always = Go MM (sometimes Waterbox/ Waterbox+)

So I and others should suggest a Lian Li case even tho we really don't like towers? You suggest to others what you find works well and warn against stuff that does not (as I do for Thermaltake stuff). If I remember correctly you steered me towards Yate Loons and Thermochills. Your advice is EXTREEMELY consistent which is indictactive of your solid belief in what you use.

As for the Jager . . .I need it bro. I just finished the 4th day of a week-long mixed martial arts camp . . .the insides of my arms are all bruised and I have aches in places I did not know I even had. This stuff is hard to learn at 40 . . .too old for this crap.

Mekrel
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
In random conversations with two different resellers that will remain unnamed, both of them insinuated DD of such tactics without me having broached the subject directly.

My personal experiences are mixed. They seem to take no care in packaging their products and plenty of my TC radiators and shrouds came shipped with dings as there was literally a handful of peanuts surrounding the internal package on 2 separate occasions. I had to send back two different shrouds both times as they were warped beyond being easily bent back in shape.

Overall, I just think people are disappointed with DD not releasing any competitive products as of late. All of their products are outdated. Quite honestly, the only reason I even shop at their store is either for a fill port (best one in town!) or for TC stuff when everyone else is out of stock.

DangerDen are sell outs in my opinion, they mass produced the 8800 full cover blocks to meet the demand of BFG and in the process skimped on the quality as obviously BFG wouldn't be paying retail prices for the block.

Secondly, as well as being shoddy (milling the water channels half into the block, half into the top and using less copper) it also didn't perform aswell as EK blocks but charged more for them?

So a block that is made from the same design as BFG's blocks (minus the tops with BFG logo into them) that is made cheap to meet demand and costs is being sold into retail at stupid prices? Hmm, wonder what the margin is on those blocks.

I've got no problem with them making money by OEM'ing blocks to AIB card companies, they are running a business after all but the 8800GTX FC block was cheap for that very reason but still was sold at a premium price.

Nothing interesting has come out of DangerDen for a long time, the only thing they are doing is releasing acrylic tops for each new chipset that comes out. Wow, how innovative.

:down:

DarthBeavis
07-26-2007, 08:55 PM
DangerDen are sell outs in my opinion, they mass produced the 8800 full cover blocks to meet the demand of BFG and in the process skimped on the quality as obviously BFG wouldn't be paying retail prices for the block.

Secondly, as well as being shoddy (milling the water channels half into the block, half into the top and using less copper) it also didn't perform aswell as EK blocks but charged more for them?

So a block that is made from the same design as BFG's blocks (minus the tops with BFG logo into them) that is made cheap to meet demand and costs is being sold into retail at stupid prices? Hmm, wonder what the margin is on those blocks.

I've got no problem with them making money by OEM'ing blocks to AIB card companies, they are running a business after all but the 8800GTX FC block was cheap for that very reason but still was sold at a premium price.

Nothing interesting has come out of DangerDen for a long time, the only thing they are doing is releasing acrylic tops for each new chipset that comes out. Wow, how innovative.

who has pushed to have blocks for GPUS as soon as the GPUs are out of the gate or as soon as possible? DD. Tell me about the meeting you were in where DD decided to go with the current 8800 series block design (to make it cheaper). If you are such a l33t designer then step up and start producing and selling your blocks. There is a large enough market for it. Calling them a sell out is just plain stupid. Then again you really have no idea what is really going on and don't know the people you are talking about.

DarthBeavis
07-27-2007, 07:36 AM
the reason I gave up on them was this, and the TDX didn't perform anywhere near what I needed along with the over priced HW GTX2.

pics speak a 1000 words. when they get to the point where they stop over charging, and under producing crap like this, then I'll consider DD a viable option again. about the only things of value from them are the 90 deg. elbows, T's and fill ports. other than that, I have no use for them. the block I over paid for really pissed me off, and for what they charged I have a right to be. absolutley a disgrace IMO, and they'll never suck me in again. they were nice enugh folks, I will give then that.

http://lh6.google.com/mcoffeyXS/Rg9N43a_2FI/AAAAAAAAACg/hH7uS4bvTEQ/s800/DSC_0018.JPG

http://lh5.google.com/mcoffeyXS/Rg9OJna_2GI/AAAAAAAAAC4/q6byfsJOQ7U/s800/DSC_0016.JPG

http://lh3.google.com/mcoffeyXS/Rg9OVHa_2HI/AAAAAAAAACw/J56vXsGV9ec/s800/DSC_0014.JPG

andyc

I do agree I liked their pre-8800 model GPU blocks better and I have not taken a newer block apart so I cannot honestly comment. I will get more info straight from the source about the new design tho.

Now, let me ask you one thing: Did you bother to call or PM someone at Danger Den about your concerns?

aaronjb
07-27-2007, 08:47 AM

DangerDen once shipped me a 1x120 radiator when I ordered (and paid for) a 2x120 radiator. That's fine, mistakes happen. But the 1x120 radiator came with a number of bent fins due to their poor packaging, and they were not willing to take back the 1x120 radiator because of that. However, they did ship out the correct radiator on their dime, but of course I paid for two radiators.

Kind of left me feeling "meh" about the company.

Waterlogged
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM

While I agree with most of this, I feel I must explain why DD chose to design the block like they did. IIRC, [DD]JERM (on DD's forums) had explained in a post one time that the reason they designed the block that way was "to get as close to stock cooler weight as possible". They were afraid that if they made a deep channel copper block that cards would be damaged left and right.

Mekrel
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
who has pushed to have blocks for GPUS as soon as the GPUs are out of the gate or as soon as possible? DD. Tell me about the meeting you were in where DD decided to go with the current 8800 series block design (to make it cheaper). If you are such a l33t designer then step up and start producing and selling your blocks. There is a large enough market for it. Calling them a sell out is just plain stupid. Then again you really have no idea what is really going on and don't know the people you are talking about.

l33t? What are you? 13 years old?

It doesn't take a designer to distinguish between a poor quality block, and good quality block. Anyone who is anyone, apart from your deluded self will tell you that EK 8800FC blocks are better than the DD ones.

Are you telling me that it costs more to mill out a shallow channel into a thinner piece of copper? Aswell as that, the channel bottoms had so much swarf in them. Go search for the thread on the block when it was released and a member posted internal shots. The block got shot down in flames.

I know the people I'm talking about. They are the company who have no products considered to be leading in any segment of the market at this moment in time.

Oh, no. Sorry I do appologise. I forgot - they do the best Delrin fill ports. How could I forget about that.

DarthBeavis
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
l33t? What are you? 13 years old?

It doesn't take a designer to distinguish between a poor quality block, and good quality block. Anyone who is anyone, apart from your deluded self will tell you that EK 8800FC blocks are better than the DD ones.

Are you telling me that it costs more to mill out a shallow channel into a thinner piece of copper? Aswell as that, the channel bottoms had so much swarf in them. Go search for the thread on the block when it was released and a member posted internal shots. The block got shot down in flames.

I know the people I'm talking about. They are the company who have no products considered to be leading in any segment of the market at this moment in time.

Oh, no. Sorry I do appologise. I forgot - they do the best Delrin fill ports. How could I forget about that.

As I said I do not know the reason for the current design and I personally prefer the older design. One of your fellow DD detractors just stated the business reason for the thinner copper and use of Delrin.

I have not used an EK block so I cannot speak to their quality although I have heard nothing but great things about them. If I wanted to look at something other than DD they would probably be the next company I would look at. As it is, my principals guide me to give business to LOCAL companies when and where possible as long as I find the products acceptable and the customer service good. Danger Den, Mountain Mods, Smooth Creations, and Premier Custom PCs (a local mod shop) have not let me know in this regard. I cannot discount your experience but I do think it rediculous to paint the company with a wide brush as you have. Now if you want to get into personal attacks that is fine as well. You are safe on the intraweb bud.

Mekrel
07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
What personal attacks? I don't see any? If you mean the 13 year old comment, then don't use such immature comments in your posts.

The reason for thin copper? Does it hold any light? Who knows.

All I can say is EK blocks have not snapped any cards out of their PCI-E slots and you don't gain any extra slots from using the DangerDen blocks. So a pretty lame excuse if you ask me, and sounds as if they didn't bother checking how much weight the PCB can bear.

As for buying local, thats all well and good - but when the quality of a product from a foreign country is not only better quality, better at what it does and is cheaper then I'll buy that.

I wouldn't cut my nose off to spite my face, and I certainly won't let patriotic snobbery choose my watercooling gear.

Fact is, each part of the world produces something better than another. Take Thermochill, guys in the US, AUS etc are prepared to spend a lot more on them, even though they are produced in the UK.

By your rule, people in the UK would have the worst performing rigs as there are no commercal waterblock producers that match the performance of Swiftech, D-Tek or EK.

The Tygee fullcover blocks are good quality, why didn't they continue with this design with the 8800FC blocks? I'm sure BFG had something to do with that. RD600 block has gone back to Tygee style.

The difference being DD didn't create blocks for AIB's with the 7*00/X1*00 and as of yet, the RD600 cards.

DarthBeavis
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
What personal attacks? I don't see any? If you mean the 13 year old comment, then don't use such immature comments in your posts.

The reason for thin copper? Does it hold any light? Who knows.

All I can say is EK blocks have not snapped any cards out of their PCI-E slots and you don't gain any extra slots from using the DangerDen blocks. So a pretty lame excuse if you ask me, and sounds as if they didn't bother checking how much weight the PCB can bear.

As for buying local, thats all well and good - but when the quality of a product from a foreign country is not only better quality, better at what it does and is cheaper then I'll buy that.

I wouldn't cut my nose off to spite my face, and I certainly won't let patriotic snobbery choose my watercooling gear.

Fact is, each part of the world produces something better than another. Take Thermochill, guys in the US, AUS etc are prepared to spend a lot more on them, even though they are produced in the UK.

By your rule, people in the UK would have the worst performing rigs as there are no commercal waterblock producers that match the performance of Swiftech, D-Tek or EK.

The Tygee fullcover blocks are good quality, why didn't they continue with this design with the 8800FC blocks? I'm sure BFG had something to do with that. RD600 block has gone back to Tygee style.

The difference being DD didn't create blocks for AIB's with the 7*00/X1*00 and as of yet, the RD600 cards.Actually they have a prototype with the RD600 I think. I buy the BFG cards with block because I like the lifetime warranty and single slot design. I did have to RMA my very first 8800 gtx with block due to leaks so my experience is not all roses by any stretch. Anytime I have issues DD takes care of it. If you go back and read my post I did not say buy local regardless I say buy local if you have satisfied with the product and service. If I have not had your experiences why should I make the same choices you have? I am going to ask about the old school style of blocks for 8800s tho and will report back if I get something useful for you all.

I like Thermochill and HWlabs rads (well, only GTX) and use them both. I want a few of those sweet EK rads as well as the Tribal Spinner by AC Ryan. If you don't mind can you post me some links to your preferred components?

Immature? I take that as a compliment ;) At 40 I sometimes feel more like an old fart.

Mekrel
07-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I believe DangerDen do make good products, back in the A64 and Athlon XP days the TDX/RDX designs were good and worked well.

Maze4 and Maze 5 were good blocks too, the Maze 5 kept my X1900XT cool as a cuecumber. Yet no support for 8800GTX cards.

I'm building a new rig at the moment and I have to say that DangerDen never crossed my mind because nothing on the net is really praising any of their designs for 775 setups.

I meant R600 and not RD600 hehe, but I know they have a block out/coming out for those cards and it looked like the old Tygee design which does look quality.

As for choices, no one is saying you have to make the same ones as anyone. I'm just saying the DD 8800 blocks really are poor in comparison to what we know can come out of DangerDen. I just think putting pictures together, you can really see which one is put together better.

I'm not surprised a lot leaked, that piece of rubber acting as an o-ring looks seriously poor. Looks like it's just stuck on top of the layer and not placed into a groove.

DarthBeavis
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I think you might like their Maze 5 blocks for quad cores. I have a couple if you want pics.

Agent11
07-27-2007, 04:28 PM
You can get the 2900xt block now, limited quantities however.

https://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=285&cat=47

I really wish DD would release some new cpu waterblocks, I guess they know their business model better than I though :P

SNiiPE_DoGG
07-27-2007, 05:37 PM
they have a maze 5 cpu block which is quite decent but its in small supply and im not gonna post the link here.

k0nsl
07-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrr, I got my 120.3 today and it looks really fantastic when you see it yourself, and not on a photograph. I got the 120.3, D5 Vario, PA 120.3 Shroud - but I am waiting for some other parts before I set it all up.

Will be real nice to replace my current swiftech 120.2 radiator and the trusy MCP55 pump.

DarthBeavis
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrr, I got my 120.3 today and it looks really fantastic when you see it yourself, and not on a photograph. I got the 120.3, D5 Vario, PA 120.3 Shroud - but I am waiting for some other parts before I set it all up.

Will be real nice to replace my current swiftech 120.2 radiator and the trusy MCP55 pump.

My bud (to whom I "traded" a PA 120.3) had his painted by an airbrusher along with his case to improve the appearance. I have been painting a few BI GTXs with success and will probably try the Thermochills next (tho they will be a bit more of a pain as they have a flat black finish - I use chrome kits from Alsa Paint to give a cool chromed out look).

You might try adding some pizazz to that uber rad (woops- using 13 year-old lingo again . . .my bad).

sergers
07-27-2007, 06:52 PM
will probably try the Thermochills next (tho they will be a bit more of a pain as they have a flat black finish

thermochill website states they can ship you unpainted... but then it is usually more expensive to buy directly from thermochill, unless you are buying several, then it will become cheaper.

disruptfam
08-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Only one re-seller in Australia....

http://www.gammods.com.au/store/

cheers

zoob
08-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow damn, got my PA120.3 today (had it shipped to my Parent's place and they brought it to me on the weekend). Now to find a PA160 which might be even harder :)

Grinch
08-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow damn, got my PA120.3 today (had it shipped to my Parent's place and they brought it to me on the weekend). Now to find a PA160 which might be even harder :)

http://www.mountainmods.com/thermochill-radiator-p-369.html

RickCain
08-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I saw a PA120.3 sitting on the shelf at MicroCenter in Santa Ana, CA this weekend. Too bad it was 169.00 :(