PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a single continuous wallpaper with dual monitors?

Speederlander
07-22-2007, 12:01 AM
So, I have pair of monitors and I am set up as a single desktop in nVidia control panel. No problem. Works flawlessly as a single desktop. But if I try to put on a 3840x1200 wallpaper it puts the full thing on each monitor rather than stretching it between the two. Is there a way to get a single contiguous wallpaper between the the two monitors without resorting to triple-head-2go or something similar? I assume it's just me not knowing where the setting is in either nVidia or Windows. This is Vista btw, but if it can be done in XP it can be done in Vista.

Thanks.

2fink
07-22-2007, 12:43 AM
So, I have pair of monitors and I am set up as a single desktop in nVidia control panel. No problem. Works flawlessly as a single desktop. But if I try to put on a 3840x1200 wallpaper it puts the full thing on each monitor rather than stretching it between the two. Is there a way to get a single contiguous wallpaper between the the two monitors without resorting to triple-head-2go or something similar? I assume it's just me not knowing where the setting is in either nVidia or Windows. This is Vista btw, but if it can be done in XP it can be done in Vista.

Thanks.

just use ultramon...

Speederlander
07-22-2007, 12:49 AM
just use ultramon...

Great, thanks. That looks like it will do it.

ineedaname
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
er i did that before with 2x22inch monitors. you just didn't set the monitor settings right, it should be called stretch desktop or something like taht in your display properties. Keep playing around with it cuz its not that hard.

U might have 2 double check what your max resolution on your vid card is tho. u didn't really specify what vid card u have.