PDA

View Full Version : Braided flexible lines

n00b 0f l337
07-19-2007, 06:58 AM
With UTI no longer stocking, as Jinu's still working out of backorder, and Frosty-Freeze no longer taking custom orders on them, where is anyone getting them in the USA (Or am I really the only one who needs em anyway?)

Fhqwhgads6680
07-19-2007, 07:14 AM
you talking about the Yellow Jacket ones rated for around 1000 psi? I can't find them online anywhere either, probably have to go to a local HVAC shop. I did price 30 feet of line here http://www.hosecraftusa.com/model.php?modelUID=220 for $100 and its higher working pressure than the yellow jacket. of course that mean brazing them yourself, and I am not sure if cutting the braid would reduce working pressure or not.

n00b 0f l337
07-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks but to save myself time I'd rather receive a full brazed and pressure tested suction line.

Fhqwhgads6680
07-19-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah those yellow jackets are ideal. wish I could find them online :(

gosmeyer
07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
With UTI no longer stocking, as Jinu's still working out of backorder, and Frosty-Freeze no longer taking custom orders on them, where is anyone getting them in the USA (Or am I really the only one who needs em anyway?)

Send you link when I get home tonight if you haven't got it yet.

n00b 0f l337
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks Eric, mind posting it up? I think a few others could use them as well.

wdrzal
07-19-2007, 09:53 AM
First look in yellow pages under plumbing,heating,refrigeration,air conditioning,HVAC wholesaler's. Some will sell to the public some will not.

where I live there are wholesale houses known as penstan,but about 10 years ago they where all bought up by Hajoca corporation. they are a large wholesale company for the above industries. they have store in 32 states. they have 5 warehouse stores within 30 miles of me. I can't speak for hajoca,but the Penstan stores they own WILL sell to walk-in's of the general public. below is a link ,look to see if a store is near you.

http://www.hajoca.com/

most wholesaler sell in packaged amounts.Some will cut wire and line but expect a "cut charge" to make up for the ends that are left & to short to sell + the time involved. The ends may be perfect for use here. same goes for companys who install gas lines,they usually have alot of small pieces.

[XC] gomeler
07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
HVAC stores will sell those yellow jacket lines within the same price range that we were getting braided flex lines in the past, only problem is you've gotta have a store with nice staff around you.

AlphaChicken
07-20-2007, 06:54 AM
yea i was looking for suction lines too. just happens that there is a hajoca store right near me. ill have to check it out. they let just anyone walk in walt?

[XC] gomeler
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
The worst they can do is tell you to leave ;) Walk in with a smile and explain what you need.

Sneil
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Just get your regular unbraided suction flex line and buy the SS braiding afterwords. I get mine from wirecare (https://www.wirecare.com/products.asp?prod=SS&prodline=ES) or cableorganizer.com and then braze it on myself.

hatemi
07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I can get the 10mmID stainles tube with braid for 50+€/m with fittings and about half the price without them. Brazing fittings /whatever with silver is a piece of cake compared to evap building and hours of lapping.

Derek
07-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't the stainless steel braiding just capture more moisture/air under the insulation? What exactly is the benefit of having that costly stuff over regular suction line?

AlphaChicken
07-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Wouldn't the stainless steel braiding just capture more moisture/air under the insulation? What exactly is the benefit of having that costly stuff over regular suction line?

hmm yea thats a good point. is that all a stainless steel braided suct. line is? is a normal SS line with SS 'wire sleeving' over it?

Fhqwhgads6680
07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
apparently alot of the stuff guys here use is gas line or other corrugated line that isn't rated with a very high max working pressure, and could fail over time. the best max working pressure I have been able to find on just plain corrugated line is about 80-100psi. Some of the stuff used here is only rated at a few psi, as its not made for what we do with it. yet those yellow jacket lines can work up to 1000 psi (the 3/8 line anyway, the larger diameter line the lower the max working pressure) I am not sure how it is manufactured dirrerent but its a good precaution if doing more than a regular single stage and even then its beter to be safe than sorry.