PDA

View Full Version : 900e to spend, what should I get?

2xD
07-02-2002, 01:41 PM
I've been drewling at these high end cooling solutions for over two years now, and finally the day has come that I can buy one myself.
I have about 900e to spend, but I don't really know what my options are.
There's the EVA3, but appearantly it has some problems, Vapochill but that's not performant enough. And the prometheia, but I know squad about it basically.
Do note that with this 900e I also want to buy a new CPU, an XP2100 or 2200, so in the end I would have about 650e to spend on cooling.
Please advise on this :)

Also links to the stores that sell 'em if possible.

Leo
07-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Well, the Prometeia seems to be the best phase-change solution on the market right now in terms of performance. JC is using one with great results as are many others.

calantak, who resides in Belgium like you do and is a member here, paid 720 euros for the Prometeia. Not sure if that's going to leave you with enough to buy yourself the other things on your list.

calantak
07-03-2002, 05:35 AM
yep, but that included shipping from denmark,
try www.colorcase.be in belgium... they have the prometheia @ about 650 I think. just your match.

just give them a call, they're a cool bunch.
discounted me 70 euro's on my coolermaster 410 because I sent them some wcpuid- 3240 mhz screenies for use on their website .

feel free to pm me for more results.