PDA

View Full Version : We made it: 1st

justin_c
07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
119 gigs, 7,490,696 URLs. 19gigs by me :D.
19 gigs ahead of norway.

hixie
07-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Thats good, my production is set to increase latter tonight aswell;)
Stealing 1st placed from Norway shouldn't be a problem now:D

Okda
07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
it will take sometime but it will happen :)

Magnj
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I have stopped for the last week and a half...I might start again...I just need some time to get things set up.

mcflurry4321
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I have Comcast and I'm getting sorta nervous. I might stop soon....

Movieman
07-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats good, my production is set to increase latter tonight aswell;)
Stealing 1st placed from Norway shouldn't be a problem now:D
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

I have stopped for the last week and a half...I might start again...I just need some time to get things set up.
You stopped?:shocked: Where's my gun?:rofl:

I have Comcast and I'm getting sorta nervous. I might stop soon....

For guys like you, it's sneaky time..
Put it on a day..off 2 days..Then maybe a night..Vary it and not every day and they will leave you alone..

Hey guys, It is awefull nice to see XS at the top at the end of the day!:clap:

KaptainBlaZzed
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Started running MJ12 again today. It will only run 18 hrs a day, but anything is better than nothing.:up:

Movieman
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Started running MJ12 again today. It will only run 18 hrs a day, but anything is better than nothing.:up:

It all adds up pal..Thanks!:up:

[XC] moddolicous
07-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Still trying to reacquaint myself with the settings. I'm sure there is something I am missing, as I use to be able to do a LOT more with 300 workers (which is what I have now).

Movieman
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
moddolicous;2305328']Still trying to reacquaint myself with the settings. I'm sure there is something I am missing, as I use to be able to do a LOT more with 300 workers (which is what I have now).

Isn't 300 the max per machine?
I have them set at max but it usually shows app 500-550 working between 3 machines

[XC] moddolicous
07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
yea, 300 i the max for one machine. The thing is that messing with the hard errors, upload chunks and delay before crawling have given me some very weird results. Not sure if I can blame it on URL buckets or if they really have that much affect. If you could get a smoothwall/ IPCOP / monowall working, then you would be really flying. That is my next step. I want to get 3mil working from one machine, then I'll work on setting up a smoothwall and hooking up 2 other computers.

Frisch
07-12-2007, 06:36 PM
The url's DO have a lot to say, they have several factors.

1. Are they old, meaning, are we crawling old url's, lots of errors will occur, and low amount of data returned, giving you more url's finished than normal, with lesser data to justify for it.

2. As said before, your choice of domains (countries) to crawl, DO make a differens, but it is related to your placement in the world, and the quality of the connection made to these countries. Some countries, don't deliver quality, and that will of course slow things down.

There's more, but i'm on my way to bed.

Nighty night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RAW-Raptor22
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

You stopped?:shocked: Where's my gun?:rofl:

Put it on a day..off 2 days..Then maybe a night..Vary it and not every day and they will leave you alone..

Hey guys, It is awefull nice to see XS at the top at the end of the day!:clap:

I think FragTek stole your gun, LOL. :rofl:

Anyway, nice job guys. I F@H myself, and don't have enough spare PCs to contribute to this though...

mcflurry4321
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM

I really don't want to stop contributing ~3 million a day :(

Is there ANY way at all for me to find out if my Comcast line is uncapped?

They haven't said anything yet, but I've only done like 350 gb so far through mj12.

Okda
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Anyway, nice job guys. I F@H myself, and don't have enough spare PCs to contribute to this though...

This project cun run very fine on a machine running F@H

since it does use the cpu rarely

try it and see for urself

mcflurry4321
07-13-2007, 04:44 AM
This project cun run very fine on a machine running F@H

since it does use the cpu rarely

try it and see for urself

I wouldn't say rarely...everytime it archives it uses a significant amount of processor time...

Movieman
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't say rarely...everytime it archives it uses a significant amount of processor time...

Depends on the machine..On the "Beast" it never touches higher than 1%..
On the DX2400 I've seen it hit 12% for a few seconds.
Over a 24 hour timeframe it really doesn't effect another project much or I wouldn't be running MJ12..

Magnj
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok I started the laptop again, thats gonna be dedicated to MJ12 for a while. The problem with running my desktop is that it is loud and drains lots of power so it will be on intermittently.

Paladin
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I've notice that the latest versions of MJ12 don't need a lot of free cycles. This is different from whether or not it actually shows as using cycles in Task Manager or Top. With the older versions as long as the computer was mostly idle I could max my connection, but if I had I cruncher running concurrently MJ12 would get tons of errors and not crawl as fast.

Ver 1.4.8 isn't affected by having 100% load from another project, but wont max my connection even with two separate rigs both running it. Config files homogeneous throughout.