PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Way To Clean Loop

IanY
07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
My apologies to OPPainter, but this is one of his recommendations from the Swiftech forum. Since OPPainter is an XS Mod, I am taking the liberty to quote him. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing his techniques here.

Anyway, many of you know I'm having fun with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner, Krazy Glue and Loctite. Looks like I will be "borrowing" some of that Pine-Sol too. So many household products being put to good use! Looks like something good to do every year.

Some say Pine-Sol is the way to go.
Fisrt, drain your loop.
Next, dilute some Pine-Sol with some clean water and fill the loop. Run it for about an hour.
Next, drain the loop and blow out the liquid.

Now for the fun part
You need to flush out the remaining pine-sol. I would take a bucket of clean water, stick a hose on the pump inlet and place the hose in the clean water bucket. Have another tube at the other end of your loop so the clean water can run through the loop and drain out of the system; maybe have another bucket to catch the water. Flush about 10 gallons of clean water through and you should be good to go.
Blow it out and put the loop back together and fill it up with HydrX and distilled water.
Done

OPP

nikhsub1
07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6485

From 4.5 years ago... pay close attention to post 48.

IanY
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Great stuff!! Thanks for the link, Nikhsub1.

For the convenience of everyone, this is the gist of Post 48.

"After much deliberation, I went with the following mixture after draining my system:

50% tap water
40% Pine-Sol
10% Lysol

The reason that I did it this way was twofold. While Lysol mixes readily with water, the Pine-Sol doesn't. Further, I figured that since they both are antibacterial and they both cut grime in different ways, it would be better to run them together to complement each other.

What I discovered was that after about two minutes the coolant went cloudy white. When watching the biotic colonies you could see them MELTING. It was awesome. After two hours, 95% of the gunk was washed off the walls and held in suspension in the coolant. At that point, I worked the hose by kinking it near each remaining patch so the water would scour it off. In the end there is barely any trace of infestation left in my system, and due to the dual cleansers I can be assured that it is dead. "

sick_g4m3r
07-09-2007, 01:56 PM
interesting info! Thanks!

pvtdonuts
07-09-2007, 02:28 PM
so would i just drain the res and refill it with the mixture and then run the loop(s) for a few hours? Would it hurt any of the WC parts, e.g. pump, blocks (copper or derlin or acetal?)