PDA

View Full Version : Please help with TWIN2X2048-6400C4 timings and voltage

KBD
07-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Like the title says i need help with this issue, i just built my system about 2 months ago and i'm using this memory with Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 mobo, which auto detected this RAM at 5-5-5-18 @1.8v. I want to run this memory at it's specs which are 4-4-4-12 @2.1v. I started reading up on this issue and i found this in the Corsair forums which was posted by RAM guy. These are all the BIOS changes that need to be made for this RAM, the 2 Asus boards are used as an example:

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4:
Twin2x2048-6400C4 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe
Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:
AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual
CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz
DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz
PCI Express Freq: Auto
PCI Freq: 33.33
Performance Mode: Standard
DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual
SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T
SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T
SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T
SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T
SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5
Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)
Command Rate: 2T
DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1
Advanced voltage control
CPU Vcore offset:_Disabled
DDR2 Termination: 0.5x
CPU to NB HT:____1.200V
NB to SB HT:_____AUTO
NB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO
SB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO
SB Standby core:_+1.500V

Output driver control
CKE:______AUTO
CS/ODT:__1.00X
ADD/CMD:_1.00X
MEMCLK:__1.00X
Chipset Core Voltage: Auto
All other settings are motherboard defaults.
Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

I don't really get it, i have to change all these things to have this RAM run properly? First of all my mobo doesn't even have all these settings, i only got about 60% of them so i can't change some of these things in BIOS even if i wanted to. I know that this is for M2N32-SLI which is a more advanced mobo than mine, but it is still the same chipset. I need some help here, what exactly do i need to do in BIOS?. Can i just simply change the timings to Cas 4 and the voltage to 2.1 and be done with it? I'm hoping to hear from a Corsair rep or anyone else who knows about this.

Yellowbeard
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Can i just simply change the timings to Cas 4 and the voltage to 2.1 and be done with it? I'm hoping to hear from a Corsair rep or anyone else who knows about this. Yes, just change the voltage to 2.1v and set those 4 timings manually. No need to mess with the other stuff unless you have some stability issues or if you want to tweak your sub timings.

KBD
07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanx Yellowbeard! :)

I did like you suggested and set timings to Cas4 values and v to 2.1. i also set DDR2 to 800Mhz manually, before it was on auto, the system is running well so far.

Yellowbeard
07-11-2007, 06:53 AM
That's cool. Nice system there BTW. You are one of the "rebels" these days running AM2.

ovethetop
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
i had this same problem with my mobo (in sig) and i jus set the bios to expert or whatever and manually set the voltage / timing and ive had no problems thus far. same exact memory too

KBD
07-13-2007, 07:26 AM
That's cool. Nice system there BTW. You are one of the "rebels" these days running AM2.

Yea, i always liked AMD more and i find myself rooting for them since they are the underdog nowadays.The thought of going with intel has crossed my mind but knowing that i'm an AMD fan, my folks got me this FX-62 CPU to get me going with my build so it's all good. Now i can upgrade to a Phenom in about 8 to 10 months provided Gigabyte makes a new BIOS for my board to support these new CPUs, if not i'll get a new AM2+ board then.

In response to overthetop's cooment, my mobo doesn't have the expert setting, but everything is working fine after i changed the timings manually, next step for me would be to enable SLI-ready memory.