PDA

View Full Version : Good Case for Water Cooling - Maybe?

Quazi
07-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to share this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811125468

Check out the insides of this case, especially the bottom front & the space above where the PSU goes. For the price, this looks like it would be an excellent case to build a water cooling loop. Looks like a PA 120.3 would fit along the top of the case. And\or possibly a PA 120.2 would stand in the front of the case at the bottom. One could remount those HD cages and turn them and facing towards the opened side after a rad is placed there in the bottom front. The case even comes with a side window option.

Just thought I would share this in case anyone is looking and don't have allot of $$$ for a decent case to water cool with. I may even pick one of these up myself.

MrToad
07-07-2007, 02:09 PM
That case has been around for a long long time. I think I've seen it under the CHENBRO brand.

However roomy might look, is flat out ugly. And the double 80 mm exhaust fans can tell you the age of it's design.

If you are looking for budget big cases, look at the Aerocool ones. They're always bordering plagiarism, but you can get sort of a CoolerMaster Stacker for half the price, and the finish is not that bad.

Frank M
07-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Either rebranded or just ripped-off Chieftec.
Has been around for a long-long time.

newls1
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I bought that case back in 2003. Awesome case, with plenty of room, but in this day and age, it is a seriously aged case.

EnJoY
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Either rebranded or just ripped-off Chieftec.
Has been around for a long-long time.

Chenming is Chieftec.

Quazi
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, it appeals to me for some reason. I am running this 120.4 heater core and have it strapped to the outside of my case & I am just tired of looking at it. It's been there for two years & it is time for a change. Now I know this Stacker I have is know to be a good case for modding but I have both pumps on the bottom of my case & even if I move the PSU down to the bottom, the top won't hold a PA 120.3. It will hold a PA 120.2 but I need the PA 120.3 to cool my cpu, both X1900 gpu's, & my chipset. Clearing out my drive bays for a PA 120.3 is out of the question because I use them. It just seems like a hopeless situation trying to use this Stacker to redo my loop with a new rad.

And when I saw the room in this case, it really appealed to me. I can even probably split my loop into two using two PA 120.2's, with one mounted in the top of the case & one mounted in the from of the case putting my cpu on one & both gpu's & my chipset on the other. And it does my wallet good. lol

I didn't realize this case was yesterdays news or I wouldn't have bothered with this thread.

ripken204
07-07-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150647

Quazi
07-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh yea. I have been keeping up with that thread. And I thought it was the answer I was looking for. But I must have an older model Stacker because the bottom of my Stacker isn't built the same way. I was really bummed. But man that is a super clean mod.

coolrmaster
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150647

wow, an external bottom mounted rad & fans sucking up a lot of dust....:down: