PDA

View Full Version : "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cruise
07-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Hi,

Just wondering how many people have paid LukeXE for a custom build, and how long they've being waiting, giving the reason for the delay.

Also have you seen an actual pic of the finished product, and what were the promised temps given.

Regards.

[XC]melymel
07-04-2007, 02:36 AM
I bought a custom auto-cascade off him a few months back. It took a couple of months longer than originally stated but for the price I didn't complain. He then shippd it to me no problems however when I recieved it it had been damaged in shipping and was leaking. It is now sitting with Gray Moile awaiting repairs. This was not Luke's fault though and overall have no problems with how it went.

Magoa
07-04-2007, 03:17 AM
I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time :(

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
I think you need to give the man some time ;) imo he has way to much work to do, but is getting things back on track... as for as i can read

cruise
07-04-2007, 03:27 AM
I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time :(

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
I think you need to give the man some time ;) imo he has way to much work to do... as for as i can read

That's interesting, you see he also gave me a better offer, promising to build a new unit with a stronger compressor than the one he already had. I paid for the unit before march.

Like you he has now said that this unit is completed, and would send it on Monday, that didn't happen. I even sent him extra money for postage costs.

Mind you I've not received any pictures this time around either...

Big SturL
07-04-2007, 06:19 AM
lalalalala ....don't pay for things in advance..... lalalalala

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.

Okda
07-04-2007, 06:27 AM
please stop such threads

if u have a problem with him keep it to PMs

he mentioned that he had a car accident + his exams + couple of other things that delayed everything

and he also said yesterday that he got another car so he will be able to ship 3 units already finished in the next couple of days

pray for God that those 3 units one of them is urs

and stop starting such threads please

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 06:30 AM
No these threads are needed, not just Luke but others, this is a growing trend which is ridicules, it seems there needs to be a reminder that this is a business and it has to be treated as one.

School will interfer with building then thoughs in that possition should not be doing so.

cruise
07-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.

Nope, I feel the same way.

If I had someone that had paid so much money for something, was waiting for months and trusted me as a long standing member of XS and experienced builder I would not be taking on new orders, from the time I was home I would be working on the order and setting a definite date for sending out the order.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I just hope that nobody is taking advantage of their reputation here.

cruise
07-04-2007, 06:34 AM
please stop such threads

I don't think I need to remind you that we aren't talking a few hundred $$$ here,I think a forum thread discussing any issues is the least of what can be done.

LukeXE
07-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Guys, please stop !

Cruise, your and two more auto-c will be send in this week ! They should go today, but I had problems with phase separators and with weird R290.

With this R290 I`ve got phase separation is weird and unit isn`t working as it should. I`ve got three auto-c to send, three are done but I`m still making small improvments, charging one more time. It`s not just SS, with those units I`ve got really hard time, still something bad happens :|

Before friday I`ll give to you and two more persons tracking numbers, I know that it takes too long :| :| I`m not hiding or something, stealing someone`s money, not answering or something. Just I have f***ucking bad couple months :|

Freddie123
07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/

tylerdustin2008
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.

cruise
07-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.

Good for you, around a month I was just the same.

Now that it's past 2 months, it's a little different. If not for you I'm glad you can be so calm about it.

DarthBeavis
07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).

[XC]melymel
07-04-2007, 10:05 AM
My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).

The difference is Luke is a very skilled auto-c builder but is only 18 and thus doesn't have a very high paying job to afford the parts in advance or afford someone to back out of a deal. He has also explained that he hasn't had the best of times recently so building is going slow.

Basically cut him some slack, if it had been 4 months I could understand this but 4 weeks to build a top end unit far outperforming anything in the shops for less money. :shrug:

cruise
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
My comments are not just to Luke, they are fall who are building.

We see you are not trying to be bad to any one Luke, but I want my posts to serve as a warning to thoughs who wish to start or are doing but not thought of such things.

I intend to fabricate chillers, but be for I do there is much planning and stocking and tooling that must be don to ensure fast efficient building and shipping at a good price. Some seem to just decide to do it with little planning and such disruptions are catastrophic to them.

yotomeczek
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)

I was waiting half a year ... and the unit didn't work ... then I waited a few weeks for money back.
After 8 months I get all my money back and ... have no unit :rofl:

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
This is part of being a man, you take the job you finish it no matter what. Come on fellow builders, did you not learn from the whole chilly1 escapade? tragic it was and I feel for the guy, but this is business, it is cold as the machines you make are, it cares not what has happened to you, it only cares that the product arrives as fast as one can reliably and the money that was agreed on changes hand.

They may cut you slack, but there is no excuse.

Any Case, good Luke with getting your self sorted out and may I suggest you refuse ANY future requests.

A tip from some one who has had a mini-business for a while: never offer to upgrade systems, Just build it the way you said you would and ship it, let them ask for any upgrades, as then delays will be their problem not yours. and a motto to live by: Expect the worst, hope for the best and make sure you are set for now. Take nothing for granted. This applies to every facet of life as well.

cruise
07-04-2007, 01:00 PM
I was waiting half a year ... and the unit didn't work ... then I waited a few weeks for money back.
After 8 months I get all my money back and ... have no unit :rofl:

Interesting, so it really is as bad as I thought.

Freddie123
07-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Someone lock this thread. This is a blatant personal attack that should be resolved through PM's and private contact. Not public attacks on a competent phase builder.

cruise
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
...if he was so competent there wouldn't be a thread about him now would there.

That makes 4 people that received units that DID NOT WORK.

The thread will remain open until this issue is fully resolved, there's too much money involved to be joking with this.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Cruise most where due to shipping, I have seen the most hardened parts destroyed while shipping, and I am talking about 200 pound Hydraulic rams, if they can manage to break them in shipping a phase unit stands no chance!

So give credit where it is due. The delays are the issue here I would think. And it does appear He now understands this well. Lets all take a deep breath and relax and let him work on making good on all his due dates, adding stress to the poor kid isn't going to help.

You should have been a bit more cautious on whom you choose to do business with as well, blame is not one sided on this. If both stumble into some thing ill planed then both are responsible for what comes of it.

cruise
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
What planning? On the recommendation of people at this forum and ocn I asked LukeXE to build me a unit, I got all the details and we set a timeframe and organized estimated shipping costs, even asking if there was anything I should know before entering into the deal.

He explained in detail the process and assured me that he has done this before and that everything will be taken care of.

when everything was understood, I then paid--and sat patiently while a 2 week build turned into a 2 month one.

Please feel free to point out where I went wrong, other than perhaps even doing this in the first place. But do we have a choice if we want a good phase system?

DarthBeavis
07-04-2007, 02:05 PM
We are paying enthusiasts not some big arsed corporation to do these jobs . . .if there are delays you must be prepared to deal with it. . .life happens.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok then I with draw my statement, you did have a solid contract <_<

gosmeyer
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
.if there are delays you must be prepared to deal with it. . .life happens.

Why?? That's crazy unless you are prepared to deal with delays when it comes to receiving money. But your correct there not a big arsed corporation. That's why they should have a superior work ethic as well as a superior customer relationship. I fail to see where the difficulty lies in communication.:shrug: I think builders that treat this as a business (a for real business) and not as hobby are going to experience far fewer issues.

tiborrr
07-04-2007, 03:54 PM
You should all stick to the DIY scene and manufacture the unit only for personal use and none of this would happen. Well, capitalism & greedyness is a b1tch.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 04:52 PM
You should all stick to the DIY scene and manufacture the unit only for personal use and none of this would happen. Well, capitalism & greedyness is a b1tch.

Correction!: Unless you have made proper provisions to ensure timely deliveries and have all the equipment to ensure a solid safe unit that is properly wired with proper fuses or breakers to international Code.

MrDeeds
07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Risk/Reward

You could have just bought a vapochill or mach II gt and we wouldnt have to see this ugly thread but no.

You decided that you wanted something better than a production single stage and you took the risk on a builder who is having some issues.

This is real life and things happen to people and sure its your money but you chose to take this risk with him. This thread isnt going to make things any easier on him or your ability to get this resolved.

Im freaking tired of seeing this threads with people whining over a $800 single stage that they didnt need but wanted. Next time make a better decision on how you want to spend your money.

@Big Sturl
lalalalala ....If you dont put down a partial payment no good builders take you seriously..... lalalalala

I feel for everybody that goes through these things the builders and the customers but i think its time some builders chose their customers a little better. If you dont understand that this isnt the normal everyday run of the mill transaction then you probably need to keep your wallet in your pocket.

cruise
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
MrDeeds the least of my concern is about you being exposed to this "ugly" thread. Your post is the least helpful out of them all, and only serves to make me think how much of an insensitive jerk one person can be.

Thanks for stating the obvious though, yes it's risk/reward but last time I checked that doesn't give someone the right to not fulfill their promises, and accept that money without being certain that they can overcome possible problems beforehand.

No doubt it would be very different if you were the one in the situation.

wdrzal
07-04-2007, 07:50 PM
First shipping things correctly is a profession,you need to understand shipping methods and how to CRATE a unit. cardboard is out,unless you have form fitted inserterts and custom cases ,with the correct ply cardboard made as a PC is shipped in.It needs to be reinforced in all the correct places. Once a given weight,A crate is preferred. and once the next level of weight is passed a pallet that can be handled with a fork lift. I doubt that is needed except it extreme cases.The compressor once mounted on its rubber vibration absorbers it needs to be bolted so the customer has to remove 3 bolts from the underside so it doesn't move. Knowing how to build a crate properly is first,get a book on it.

Most guys here are DIY guys with no professional training,even pro training in HVAC does not make a Engineer....... They make promises they THINK they can KEEP but CAN NOT. All kind of ideas are Dreamed up and not tried until someone pays in advance so they can PRACTICE with your MONEY. From many all I see is wish-full thinking. Then their charging top dollar for something they never did.

There are a few here who do professional work but not many as most think IMO.

Most all they know is what they learned on forums and only 5&#37; of what you need to know is ever mentioned. They Believe if you just use a bigger compressor ,you get lower temps,refrigeration does not work like that.

Not until guys quite paying up front will this stop. The good builders will have units pre-made. Especially Single stage units.

On a completely custom unit & no more than 50% should be the max paid even if a cascade. And only if the builder has proved he can do the EXACT job you want from previous builds. Just because someone can build a single stage does not mean they can build a unit that holds low temps with a given load. 50% is enough for any custom,let the builder finance the rest,if he can't find someone in better financial shape. If the buyer doesn't come up with the money the unit can be sold and the builder won't loose out.

From what I see soon as one buys 500 to 1000 in tools they are a builder,I can't believe some of the people who get defended when their price is very high and work is very poor. Much of the trouble is both the builder who doesn't understand refrigeration and a anxious Buyer who doesn't know Junk from top quality work.

Then we have all the chemical engineers that think they can come up with a better refrigerant than billion dollar companies. All that means is they can't measure sub-cooling and superheat.

Some of the theories and excuses are laughable @ Best.

Most of many builder's repatation is nothing but hype from fan-boys who don't know what works and what does not their self. Just type some low number and POOF it will happen, Too many Magic Merlin's who can't pull off what they promise.If you dumb enough to send someone half way around the world 100% of the money upfront and keep sending more for them to practice when the original build don't work,you almost deserve what you get for being that dumb.

Please note ,I not saying anyone starts with the intention of not meeting their prommises but for one reason or the other way too many deals are going wrong.

Finnaly get a contract .

Finnally if someone receives poor work or is ripped off,complaing is not personal flameing !!!!!!! I Belive a builder gives up that right unless his work is being critized for NO reason. To close and lock threads or burry & hide Them only lets this type of problem go on........

Raja@ASUS
07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
that post by walt just about sums up the situation, to date I have met only a couple of guys that won't take on work when they already have units to build, that shows professionalism for a start. I know another 2 guys that won't even charge a thing until they are ready to ship, that's a solid foundation for a longstanding business via a forum.. Bottom line is not to part with any money or a least only half tops as walt has already said..

regards
Raja

boshuter
07-04-2007, 08:18 PM
First shipping things correctly is a profession,you need to understand shipping methods and how to CRATE a unit. cardboard is out. The compressor once mounted on its rubber vibration absorbers it needs to be bolted so the customer has to remove 3 bolts from the underside so it doesn't move. Knowing how to build a crate properly is first,get a book on it.

Most guys here are DIY guys with no professional training,even pro training in HVAC does not make a Engineer....... They make promises they THINK they can KEEP but CAN NOT. All kind of ideas are Dreamed up and not tried until someone pays in advance so they can PRACTICE with your MONEY. From many all I see is wish-full thinking. Then their charging top dollar for something they never did.

There are a few here who do professional work but not many as most think IMO.

Most all they know is what they learned on forums and only 5% of what you need to know is ever mentioned. They Believe if you just use a bigger compressor ,you get lower temps,refrigeration does not work like that.

Not until guys quite paying up front will this stop. The good builders will have units pre-made. Especially Single stage units.

On a completely custom unit & no more than 50% should be the max paid even if a cascade. And only if the builder has proved he can do the EXACT job you want from previous builds. Just because someone can build a single stage does not mean they can build a unit that holds low temps with a given load. 50% is enough for any custom,let the builder finance the rest,if he can't find someone in better financial shape. If the buyer doesn't come up with the money the unit can be sold and the builder won't loose out.

From what I see soon as one buys 500 to 1000 in tools they are a builder,I can't believe some of the people who get defended when their price is very high and work is very poor. Much of the trouble is both the builder who doesn't understand refrigeration and a anxious Buyer who doesn't know Junk from top quality work.

Then we have all the chemical engineers that think they can come up with a better refrigerant than billion dollar companies. All that means is they can't measure sub-cooling and superheat.

Some of the theories and excuses are laughable @ Best.

Most of many builder's repatation is nothing but hype from fan-boys who don't know what works and what does not their self. Just type some low number and POOF it will happen, Too many Magic Merlin's who can't pull off what they promise.If you dumb enough to send someone half way around the world 100% of the money upfront and keep sending more for them to practice when the original build don't work,you almost deserve what you get for being that dumb.

Please note ,I not saying anyone starts with the intention of not meeting their prommises but for one reason or the other way too many deals are going wrong.

Finnaly get a contract .

Finnally if someone receives poor work or is ripped off,complaing is not personal flameing !!!!!!! I Belive a builder gives up that right unless his work is being critized for NO reason. To close and lock threads or burry & hide Them only lets this type of problem go on........

Amen :up: Especially this part ....

"Not until guys quite paying up front will this stop. The good builders will have units pre-made. Especially Single stage units.

On a completely custom unit & no more than 50% should be the max paid even if a cascade. And only if the builder has proved he can do the EXACT job you want from previous builds. Just because someone can build a single stage does not mean they can build a unit that holds low temps with a given load. 50% is enough for any custom,let the builder finance the rest,if he can't find someone in better financial shape. If the buyer doesn't come up with the money the unit can be sold and the builder won't loose out."

If the builder can't put a single stage together BEFORE he sells it, or has to have all the money up front because he's broke... what is going to happen if there is a problem with the unit, is he going to be able to afford shipping and repairs to take care of it? The 50% up front on a cascade or auto c is fine, but get a completion date and if it isn't done or there isn't a legit reason for a delay, get your money back and find a different builder. There are some serious problems with the way buying and selling is done with these systems and most new guys have no clue how to tell if someone is a legit builder or just a wannabe. :rolleyes:

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 08:28 PM
that post by walt just about sums up the situation, to date I have met only a couple of guys that won't take on work when they already have units to build, that shows professionalism for a start. I know another 2 guys that won't even charge a thing until they are ready to ship, that's a solid foundation for a longstanding business via a forum.. Bottom line is not to part with any money or a least only half tops as walt has already said..

regards
Raja

This is the way I have run my few businesses, and I still have people asking me to return to do work for them even though I tell them I'm no longer in that field! A good solid foundation and work will find you.

Tools is one thing, then there is parts, then there are back up parts, on top of back up parts there is reserve money, so on so on, Seeing all this happen is partly why I want to get into making systems, there is so few who can seem to get things out in a reasonable time frame that does professional building, that has a system where they can account for delays, there needs to be more, I could do it now, but then there'd be all the risk, until I have all the tools, parts, gases and have made and tested my design I will not offer it. that is good business.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Lagit their workman ship will show, there will be no wrong sized fittings crimped down to fit, no dribbled brazes. No overtly home made parts. a secur metal base would be used. The list goes on.

The biggest and I mean this is the end all of be all biggest rule: NEVER TEST WITH A CUSTOMERS SYSTEM OR MONEY, Just repair it or build it the way you said you would! No additions, no messing around.

Make it, weigh in the charge, test it, ship it.

Movieman
07-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I have no involvement in this and know none of the parties so my comments are just generalized.
When I take on a job to build a machine for someone, whether it's a $1500.00 gamer or a $5000.00 server I figure what it will cost me for parts(out of pocket) and I ask for that up front.
Generally I am hand delivering the units so shipping isn't an issue.
IF I was shipping when the unit was done it's then that I would contact the customer and ask that the rest of the payment be sent.
The key is to have all this in writing before the job is ever taken on.
You simply send an email or if local type out a word doc with your business practices on it..
Keeps it all simple and everyone on the same page.
When setting a delivery date you work out when you believe it can realistically take place and then toss in a small "fudge factor" of a week or 2 in case some part is back ordered.
If a part cant be picked up in a reasonable time frame then you immediately call the customer and let them know and then it's their decision whether to continue.
It's all in setting the ground rules on day one with the customer that keeps a good happy deal.
I hope all your systems are delivered and this ends up being just a minor inconvenience to you guys.

dinos22
07-04-2007, 08:37 PM
There is nothing wrong with builders getting a deposit of some sort. Afterall there are so many idiots out there which will decide to change their mind when the phase builder already bought all the parts and starter assembling a system.

If builders you are talking about Raja have no issues with that then you tell me what would happen to their business if they had 20x autocascades on orders and absolutely no money until ready to ship and IMAGINE 15x of those customers decide to not buy the units for whatever reason. Their business would be :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed!!! pardon the french. Obviously there needs to be a contract as mentioned already so that the terms are clear to both parties in case the deposit is refundable, partly refundable and a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load of other terms that need to be established

I know there were some issues recently with builders and while i think it was really dodgy to see them steal money from people i think it's a bit over the top to start smashing decent ones. From what i've seen so far I wouldn't really worry too much about LukeXE but i would suggest to him to tell people what the average build time is and what delays can occur before taking money from customers. I would also take regular pics and email people of progress. This thread was created because of poor communication by builder so he needs to fix that to avoid backlash. I run a business branch and know all too well about managing people's expectations. It's a juggling act but the more upfront and honest you are the easier things will be for you. :up:

I didn't buy anything really expensive of builders here but did order a tube for DICE/LN2 from Duniek just a couple of weeks ago. I suggested to him to give him a deposit and complete funds as the units gets built but he refused and told me he will let me know when the project is completely finished and ready to ship with photos and everything before he takes the funds. Either way was fine with me but this is not a big$$$ project so risk is not that high for seller or buyer but it does revolve around trust from both parties.

wdrzal seems to have it spot on >>> would it be too much to ask to create a sticky in Phase change section with some templates of contracts to ease the burden on both sellers and buyers and help create a standard at least for XS sellers and buyers. we can all jump in and put down some generic points and people can use them to customise for their own purpose. I don't know how legalities would work if there was some kind of a feedback system in place as well.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Any one who takes more then one order is bloody daft, and I'd definitely would not do business with them! Problem solved, the builder simply does not take more then one order, two at max, If their work is good enough others will wait in line just like they do at a hot night club, the ones that won't you didn't want any ways.

My model is to make sure I have 3 of every part on stock, this will be out of my own pocket, I will build one demo system, one ready to order system, the third set is a back up. if some one wants a custom one, parts will be ordered, if any are lost I will have a back up on the shelf, no delay! it is much more sophisticated then that, but it will give you an idea of how to properly go about it.

Main stock
Back up stock
Reserve slush fund for financial emergencies (Not kept on a stupid place like pay pal but in a real bank!)

One complete unit on the que
One partially complete unit for custom order
And all on their pocket, if they can't do this they should not step up to the plate!

We are paying enthusiasts not some big arsed corporation to do these jobs . . .if there are delays you must be prepared to deal with it. . .life happens.
Only time some one should be late on such a thing is if they where run over and had shattered bones, or dead, Others things, as hard as it may be, must be worked through. even an enthusiast especially on some one ells's dollar, euro, pound, must ensure in every way possible nothing short of broken bones will delay their customers order

Movieman
07-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Any one who takes more then one order is an idiot, and I'd definitely would not do business with them! Problem solved, the builder simply does not take more then one order, two at max, If their work is good enough others will wait in line just like they do at a hot night club, the ones that won't you didn't want any ways.

My model is to make sure I have 3 of every part on stock, this will be out of my own pocket, I will build one demo system, one ready to order system, the third set is a back up. if some one wants a custom one, parts will be ordered, if any are lost I will have a back up on the shelf, no delay! it is much more sophisticated then that, but it will give you an idea of how to properly go about it.

Main stock
Back up stock
Reserve slush fund for financial emergencies (Not kept on a stupid place like pay pal but in a real bank!)

One complete unit on the Que
One partially complete unit for custom order
And all on their pocket, if they can't do this they should not step up to the plate!

In a perfect world you might be right but not all people have the finances to stock 3 of every item when each build can be totally different.
In my case that would mean I'd be stocking at least 30 motherboards and some that cost close to $500.00 each.
Then ram,PSU,cases..Maybe $100,000.00 in inventory to build maybe 20 machines in a year that I might make $300.00-$400.00 each on?
Simply not realistic and unfair to expect any custom builder to do so.
If you impose those standards then you will never buy anything "custom" and should buy only the standard items that stores sell.

There is that realistic middle ground that I explained in my post above.
This allows people to get the custom machine they want and keeps the "small" guy from going stock broke.

BTW: Allways wanted to tell you I love that Darwin commentary in your sig!:up:

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 09:09 PM
this is field specific, computers this would not work on as it changes day by day. In this field there is ever so many things one needs to make a basic system, being phase building is the topic!

You are indeed correct there is a middle ground, the point I'm trying to emphasize is you all ways have to have a contingancy plan, My system is to keep spares on the shelf, just like in a raid 5 you should have a cold spare! Don't have to but very foolish not to.

My system of doing it will be to preduce high quality premade chillers with custom options based of the main template, with this preplaned model I know what parts I will need, any good builder in any field will know what parts he should have on hand and what parts he can get shiped in.

Make no mistake I do not make much money, I plan on saving up then buying the parts as I save untill I got it all on the shelf, this is called investing, once I have built up every thing to the point it is in the plan I go to work with all facets covered, for custom stuff only few things would need to be ordered, and I'll track what is asked for the most, and once I have an idea of what will be the most common add it to stock. This is what life has tuaght me is the best methode to do a succefull business in fabrication, and in maney other fields, in computers how ever this dosn't work, it is an odd field I know far too well <_< but from booz to phase it holds true.

kamongear
07-04-2007, 09:26 PM
this is field specific, computers this would not work on as it changes day by day. In this field there is ever so many things one needs to make a basic system, being phase building is the topic!

You are indeed correct there is a middle ground, the point I'm trying to emphasize is you all ways have to have a contingancy plan, My system is to keep spares on the shelf, just like in a raid 5 you should have a cold spare! Don't have to but very foolish not to.

My system of doing it will be to preduce high quality premade chillers with custom options based of the main template, with this preplaned model I know what parts I will need, any good builder in any field will know what parts he should have on hand and what parts he can get shiped in.

Make no mistake I do not make much money, I plan on saving up then buying the parts as I save untill I got it all on the shelf, this is called investing, once I have built up every thing to the point it is in the plan I go to work with all facets covered, for custom stuff only few things would need to be ordered, and I'll track what is asked for the most, and once I have an idea of what will be the most common add it to stock. This is what life has tuaght me is the best methode to do a succefull business in fabrication, and in maney other fields, in computers how ever this dosn't work, it is an odd field I know far too well <_< but from booz to phase it holds true.

Talking about something and implementing it are two completely different things.

For SS's stocking three of everything is extremely easy but once you get to complicated cascades your idea falls apart.

Movieman
07-04-2007, 09:32 PM

You are indeed correct there is a middle ground, the point I'm trying to emphasize is you all ways have to have a contingency plan, My system is to keep spares on the shelf, just like in a raid 5 you should have a cold spare! Don't have to but very foolish not to.

My system of doing it will be to produce high quality premade chillers with custom options based of the main template, with this preplanned model I know what parts I will need, any good builder in any field will know what parts he should have on hand and what parts he can get shipped in.

Make no mistake I do not make much money, I plan on saving up then buying the parts as I save until I got it all on the shelf, this is called investing, once I have built up every thing to the point it is in the plan I go to work with all facets covered, for custom stuff only few things would need to be ordered, and I'll track what is asked for the most, and once I have an idea of what will be the most common add it to stock. This is what life has taught me is the best method to do a successful business in fabrication, and in many other fields, in computers how ever this doesn't work, it is an odd field I know far too well <_< but from booz to phase it holds true.

I understand your position as it relates to phase( which I know just the basics on) but I honestly feel my way of working is both smarter and allows me to take on business that you would say no to as you were still investing in inventory.
The key from my position is to know what you can and can't accomplish and what work you can turn out in what time frame.
That added with good communication from day one with the customer BEFORE he is actually a customer makes my system work.
I've turned down jobs that were too big for me because even though the potential money was good I knew that it was too much to do in a given time frame. Had to pass on a job to build 100 machines for a bank because I knew I couldn't deliver them in 21 days.( build from scratch, load all software,etc)
Could I? Possibly but at 55 I don't have the energy you do at 24 so I passed and was glad I did.
back to the topic:
IF the guys here, both sellers and buyers, would think and talk much more to each other before making the deal I think everyone would be much happier.
OK, thats my 22 cents in a section of the forum I usually don't post in from ignorance.
Again, I wish you all the best in this.:up:

Pansuu
07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
LukeXE, is my money coming now or what? I really need it, i have lot of medical bils right now.

Im the fifth guy...im too tired to tell more, maybe later if my money arent coming back. So Luke you can buy me to be shut up, but the time is runing out. I hope you do the right thing and confirm that money transfer to PM, thanks. Im very tired :(

Xeon th MG Pony
07-04-2007, 10:24 PM
your business model is another good one, All the fields I'm used to it is all about turn around, take it in fix it and send it out as fast smooth as possible, think of the on shelf stock as cache" and ordering as HD, getting from order is so much slower then having a cache. So by the time the ordered parts arrived I've all ready have shipped their unit.

Customer of course would have the full wait state to go through till the parts arrived, and if frequent enough would be put into the cache, (read ahead optimization there :)) (Oh goat, I been in computers too long when I can model a business plan in computer linquo!)

wdrzal
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
The biggest and I mean this is the end all of be all biggest rule: NEVER TEST WITH A CUSTOMERS SYSTEM OR MONEY, Just repair it or build it the way you said you would! No additions, no messing around.

Make it, weigh in the charge, test it, ship it.

Xeon, your right on the money with that statement.:yepp: :yepp: :yepp:

You shouldn't be Experimenting on other peoples DIME,in many cases Thousands. You should have Done the exact build before so you Know you can reproduce the same result again.

Unless your a professional engineer and you can do all the math to be 100&#37; sure want you promises is possible. Even then,Not only the "London bridge is falling down" :D ...............other have also !!!!!! meaning the Engineers also get it wrong sometimes. With a system this small,a "proof of concept" should be always done on YOUR DIME first,Then if it works sell it, not test with a customer paying. That is what is going on in many cases. If you can't front the cost of 1 build ,your not ready to be in business doing work for others charging as if you are a pro....... Keep in mind your cost is for materials only + your time which you will recover,IF it Works.

This is something for Builders and Buyers to BOTH keep in mind.

EDIT
I just noticed this Thread is pointed @ Luke. ALL of MY comments in this thread are for Both builders and buyers in General.

LukeXE
07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
okey dudes.

Cruise`s, Symon`s and Albertwesker`s mini auto-c are already done, really need to solve problem with refrigerant. I`m not taking break for 4 months, just to make people feel pissed. If it was normal SS, it could be done in 2 weeks, shipped. No problem. Here I`ve for problem with refrigerant, all other auto-c worked, no problem with tuning and charging, I changed R290 (new supplier) and everything goes bad !

Pansuu, your small refund and parts are going to you, as I said. Expect everything in next week. (Cascade was worse than it should, made few bad decisions, wanna be right with Pansuu, I`m sending to him refund + few parts)

Yoto`s cascade didn`t worked, because of cpev on ST2, I couldn`t tune cascade properly. Basically cascade worked, with very, very strong ST1. I wanted change cpev to captube, but owner didn`t wanted, so I had to give money back.

SO PLEASE DON`T TELL ME THAT I`M BUILDING AND SHIPPING NOT WORKING UNITS ! I`M NOT AN IDIOT TO SEND DOMAGED UNITS AND HAVE PROBLEMS !

Today will send two small auto-c, tomorrow next one, max on monday. Have to find "good" R290 (this one I`m using isn`t pure).

wdrzal
07-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Then Buy R290 "the refrigerant" That is pure.

Not heating or cooking fuel , That is not the Refrigerant R290.Also Propane can be natural gas based or petroleum based it does not matter as long as it is 100&#37; pure. Yes propane comes from 2 sources worldwide about 60%/40% . And Its purity varies unless you buy refrigerant R290. Also the refillable jugs can be a problem all by their self as contaminates build up inside.

LukeXE
07-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Then Buy R290 "the refrigerant" That is pure.

Not heating or cooking fuel , That is not the Refrigerant R290.Also Propane can be natural gas based or petroleum based it does not matter as long as it is 100% pure. Yes propane comes from 2 sources worldwide about 60%/40% . And Its purity varies unless you buy refrigerant R290. Also the refillable jugs can be a problem all by their self as contaminates build up inside.

I know that, but here is nearly impossible to get pure R290. To this time I used gas from one source and really, no problems.

wdrzal
07-05-2007, 12:43 AM
I know that, but here is nearly impossible to get pure R290. To this time I used gas from one source and really, no problems.

their supply is like all other it is sold as a fuel and not intended for use as a refrigerant. Are you taking a empty jug that got air in it ????? that is a non condensible & causes a lot of problems. If anything buy the bottled propane with throw away canisters like for torches. Stay away from the refillable cylinders.;)

LukeXE
07-05-2007, 12:51 AM
I have to.

Today I`ll ask my friend to do some photos by phone, to completed auto-c. To prove.

Pansuu
07-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Ok great, im happy if everything is coming atlast and we can put this behind.

LukeXE
07-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Okay, I talked with my friend, at the evening he will do photos and I`ll show them. Just to show, that units are done, not virtually.

At the evening I`ll got "better" R290, so hope tuning will go well.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-05-2007, 06:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Enviro-Safe-R22a-Replacement-Refrigerant-1-8oz-Can_W0QQitemZ150133038162QQihZ005QQcategoryZ64007Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem < Refined HC blend for only 10 dollars + Shipping.

Ssilencer
07-05-2007, 06:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Enviro-Safe-R22a-Replacement-Refrigerant-1-8oz-Can_W0QQitemZ150133038162QQihZ005QQcategoryZ64007Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem < Refined HC blend for only 10 dollars + Shipping.

Yet to see if local customs will clear a can of refrigerant, but it's really a bargain.

kayl
07-05-2007, 06:29 AM
okey dudes.

Cruise`s, Symon`s and Albertwesker`s mini auto-c are already done, really need to solve problem with refrigerant. I`m not taking break for 4 months, just to make people feel pissed. If it was normal SS, it could be done in 2 weeks, shipped. No problem. Here I`ve for problem with refrigerant, all other auto-c worked, no problem with tuning and charging, I changed R290 (new supplier) and everything goes bad !

Pansuu, your small refund and parts are going to you, as I said. Expect everything in next week. (Cascade was worse than it should, made few bad decisions, wanna be right with Pansuu, I`m sending to him refund + few parts)

Yoto`s cascade didn`t worked, because of cpev on ST2, I couldn`t tune cascade properly. Basically cascade worked, with very, very strong ST1. I wanted change cpev to captube, but owner didn`t wanted, so I had to give money back.

SO PLEASE DON`T TELL ME THAT I`M BUILDING AND SHIPPING NOT WORKING UNITS ! I`M NOT AN IDIOT TO SEND DOMAGED UNITS AND HAVE PROBLEMS !

Today will send two small auto-c, tomorrow next one, max on monday. Have to find "good" R290 (this one I`m using isn`t pure).

Luke im amazed you retune a unit then send it the following week :shakes:
With cascades i would build the unit in a few weeks then hold it for atleast a month before sending to ensure it works exactly the same way it did a month ago.
With so many joins a leak in a autocascade can take up to 2 months to show its ugly head.
Also tuning on load testers is very dangerous, ya really need a quad core to tune properly.
Selling so many units I really hope these coolers handle high loads, im yet to see one of your units bench a highly clocked pc.

May i also suggest to ppl to start using heatware.com there was a time when it was required to have this in your sign when selling stuff at XS.
I myself dont sell coolers through XS so dont bother, but should also start using it myself :D

Raja@ASUS
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
There is nothing wrong with builders getting a deposit of some sort. Afterall there are so many idiots out there which will decide to change their mind when the phase builder already bought all the parts and starter assembling a system.

If builders you are talking about Raja have no issues with that then you tell me what would happen to their business if they had 20x autocascades on orders and absolutely no money until ready to ship and IMAGINE 15x of those customers decide to not buy the units for whatever reason. Their business would be :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed!!! pardon the french. Obviously there needs to be a contract as mentioned already so that the terms are clear to both parties in case the deposit is refundable, partly refundable and a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load of other terms that need to be established

fair point though as I stated they don't take on 20x cascades at a time... that's the secret, satisfy the customer you have before moving and taking other orders you are fearful of losing.

I have nothing against parts deposits, I think it just shows somebodies commitment when they concentrate their efforts on their customer. A parts value deposit works fine for me, full up front payment or a multiple of orders at one time, and broken time frame promises does not...

regards
Raja

wdrzal
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Yet to see if local customs will clear a can of refrigerant, but it's really a bargain.

Yea a REAL BARGAIN :rolleyes: @ $10.00 for a 1/2 pound of propane plus shipping. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So Thats 20.00 dollar per pound + S&H for .50 cent per pound gas .:shakes: :shakes: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Fhqwhgads6680
07-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Kinda OT, but where else can you buy the pure R290 online? I need to get a hold of some...

wdrzal
07-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Kayl you should be able to look at a braze and tell if it leaks,it should flow smoothly all the way around. Get a small 1-1/2 round inspection mirror to check the under side and in tight spaces. Use refrigeration Grade tube,clean the outside and purge while brazing. I like to use phosphorous rods with no flux for copper to copper joints.

Then there is the pressure test, then the vacuum test. If you can't guarantee it's not leaking in a day their is something wrong. Like you have way to many leaks :D and should get some advice or someone to show you how to braze.

If your having problems with flares buy a good flare tool,the cone needs to be hard to burnish the copper, cheap flare kits and cutters are no good. I always use double flares up to about 5/8 . Above that I use a flare tool that has the cone is set on a angle and rolls the flare instead of pressing it. There is a lot to look for in a proper made flare.

The atmospheric conditions like temperature and humidity is about the only thing that will cause the numbers to change if the load is a constant.

LukeXE
07-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Argghh !!

Got photos by phone, on small sd card, got card adapter and my pc doesn`t see that adapter !! On friend`s pc too :| Why, why this happens to me :| I should shoot myself, nothing is going in good way, nothing.

DarthBeavis
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Argghh !!

Got photos by phone, on small sd card, got card adapter and my pc doesn`t see that adapter !! On friend`s pc too :| Why, why this happens to me :| I should shoot myself, nothing is going in good way, nothing.

Keep ur chin up bro . . .:hump:

wdrzal
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Keep ur chin up bro . . .:hump:

Thats his problem,NO NOOKIE :yepp: :p:

Couldn't resist.

tiborrr
07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
@wdrzal, i think u've hit the top dollar spot ;)
End of offtopic :D

Xeon th MG Pony
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Walt you are paying for the higher end refining, so it is a fair price being I do not have to use power to dry it and scrub it, and it is tighter refined.

I like flares, need a better tool though, on average though with my cheaper one I get good gas tight flares.

dinos22
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Luke im amazed you retune a unit then send it the following week :shakes:
With cascades i would build the unit in a few weeks then hold it for atleast a month before sending to ensure it works exactly the same way it did a month ago.
With so many joins a leak in a autocascade can take up to 2 months to show its ugly head.
Also tuning on load testers is very dangerous, ya really need a quad core to tune properly.
Selling so many units I really hope these coolers handle high loads, im yet to see one of your units bench a highly clocked pc.

May i also suggest to ppl to start using heatware.com there was a time when it was required to have this in your sign when selling stuff at XS.
I myself dont sell coolers through XS so dont bother, but should also start using it myself :D

kayl you're a mod here show some tact

also heatware is farked. Happyhero left a negative feedback just to spite me because i got him banned at OCAU for stealing from people. To make things worse heat[farking]ware is not removing the comment despite the fact i have proven to them that the supposed trade that took place was on a forum that closed down 2 years prior to that transaction taking place. i've complained to them several times now and no action has been taken (it's been a year now :rolleyes: )

:banana::banana::banana::banana: that mate

kayl
07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Luke can we see some pics of cruise’s unit please in this thread.
Also some loaded results. Im also particularly interested how this unit will be cased and packed to safly make its way from Poland all the way to Australia?

Considering this happened to one of your units in the past by land
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129472
Hate to see what could happen if packed in a similar way with no case.
Also have you or cruise looked at customs side of things for getting parcels into Australia, you have refrigerants + flammable liquids which both are considered as dangerous goods.
Are you sure customs will allow this??
If not declared you could get into a lot of trouble if something did go wrong.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh goat customs BS, there is a whole new head ach I need to duble check on.

LukeXE
07-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Also some loaded results. Im also particularly interested how this unit will be cased and packed to safly make its way from Poland all the way to Australia?

Also have you or cruise looked at customs side of things for getting parcels into Australia, you have refrigerants + flammable liquids which both are considered as dangerous goods.

Hey

Today will try to download pictures from sdcard on third computer, hope on it that thing will work. Now give me 5 minutes for breakfast,will go fill propane bottle and tune Cruise`s auto-c probably third or forth time. Now with new gas.

Everyone will see loaded results today

About customs, no problem, I`ve already know everything how to ship it without any problems mate.

EDIT:

$hit, still nothing, this $%$$$ adapter isn`t working !

EDIT2:

Ohhh, something is happening...

EDIT3:

Yes, is happening. I see storage G: drive but can`t open it !! :confused: :down: :horse:

SF3D
07-06-2007, 02:28 AM
I have to add my personal feelings in here.

I bought "Wildlady" cascade from luke about two months ago. It was ready when I payed it. Then I waited one month before he shipped it to me. I did hear all possible reasons why he couldn't take it to UPS.

He told, that he had car accident in april and few weeks ago it happened again :) His "worst month of my life" is over three months now?

The unit arrived in cardboard box. Luckily it was not damaged badly. Only fan was of.
First I had to replace those really dangerous electric wirings. Someone could get killed with this unit :mad:

Performance is nothing that he promised because unit is tuned really badly.
(Luckily I have good E6700, that can do 5GHz easily ~ -70c.)
E6700 1.8V 5GHz - Idle temp is around -90 and load temp drops quickly to -70 or under. Worst that I have seen is -65. I don't even want to think what temps are with Quadcore :rolleyes:

LUKE I really think that you should stop doing these units. Go to school and start over in few years. You have talent, but don't loose your credibilty. You can't get it back easily.

I don't want nothing bad to you, but please clean this mess now, before it's too late!

LukeXE
07-06-2007, 04:02 AM
:| Wild Lady was doing -103*C@215W, Piotres can prove that because she was tunned at his workshop :| Something is wrong :|

Yes, I`m not doing any units anymore. Just I`m finishing delayed and will have a break for a couple of years. Two cars accidents in three months are too many for me, not working units at customers houses, so unlucky year.

I thinked about changing topic name for something like "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic". I`ll post photos here, of working and tuned delayed three mini-c, will post photos of packaging, tracking numbers etc. What do you think about that ? By that we can easy communicate to clean that all mess did by me.

Luckily, I got better R290. I decided to add an auxiliary condensers too three mini auto-c, so I`m starting to do that.

Will be in contact

cruise
07-06-2007, 04:49 AM

good points, I did discuss them with Luke beforehand so hopefully we'll avoid any more problems, packing if done well will provide enough protection from damage. Customs should not be a concern from previous experience (unless made obvious by leakage) but I'll double check with them about it, and if we need to document it then that's what will be done.

Still I'd like to hear what precautions Luke will be taking in regards to this.

tim-
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
pallets, pallets.. that's the way to ship cascades, no question about that.

those unit's is to heavy to carry in a good way without pallet truck.

cruise
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
:

Luckily, I got better R290. I decided to add an auxiliary condensers too three mini auto-c, so I`m starting to do that.

Will be in contact

I can't help feeling this is just adding more to the delays, regardless of the reasons there is not a single picture of these completed units, temps are nice too but they don't mean as much as an actual image.

It seems like a trend Lukasz, we get to a point where we're almost ready to ship and then something bad and outlandish happens to cause a delay.

No more delays or reasons anymore, please get this sorted out this week, after you get home from school and on the weekend gives you more than enough hours for testing.

By the way don't take it the wrong way, I'm happy that you're handling this situation now that I've put this thread here, instead of avoiding it you're communicating and letting us know what the deal is.

piotres
07-06-2007, 12:03 PM
:| Wild Lady was doing -103*C@215W, Piotres can prove that because she was tunned at his workshop :| Something is wrong :|

Yes, Luke I can say - in mine workshop it had done -103*C loaded, but that was just after putting fresh R1150 portion, and that can be just small leak somewhere and some gas has escaped from second stage, haven't You thought about that Luke ?
I think that's why wild lady is having worse and worse loaded temps ...if temperature loaded is still higher and higher after some weeks, and unloaded temperature is still lower and lower - is that right SF3D ? - that can mean only one ..small leak somewhere in 2nd stage .

Yes, I must say ...I had seen that electric in wild lady personally and I was really scared and "bad" amazed too :shakes: . That was trully messy I must say .

Please Luke, next time pack units in HEAVY wooden box ..specialy if You sent unit without case itself . I have said You about that personally too .

Best Regards
Peter

Nazu
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Gotta agree with Xeon th MG Pony. These kind of threads are important cos there has to be some kind of comments about how these builders do their jobs. What I have seen from few of these builders they take money on advance and then you have to wait for months to get the actual unit. Not all feedback is going to be positive, you have to take the negative ones too and learn from them. Last thing that I would like to say is that for me it seems that mods here at XS want to suppress all the negative comments and just let people see the "WOW, AWESOME!" "GREAT, EVERYTHING WENT WELL", "NICE JOB MAN" comments and when someone gives feedback which isn't exactly like that they may ban you or someone will beg you to stop commenting like that.

This isn't targeted to anyone in specific, but to all of those who build these compressor coolers and and sell them. Peace everybody :)

Speederlander
07-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Gotta agree with Xeon th MG Pony. These kind of threads are important cos there has to be some kind of comments about how these builders do their jobs. What I have seen from few of these builders they take money on advance and then you have to wait for months to get the actual unit. Not all feedback is going to be positive, you have to take the negative ones too and learn from them. Last thing that I would like to say is that for me it seems that mods here at XS want to suppress all the negative comments and just let people see the "WOW, AWESOME!" "GREAT, EVERYTHING WENT WELL", "NICE JOB MAN" comments and when someone gives feedback which isn't exactly like that they may ban you or someone will beg you to stop commenting like that.

This isn't targeted to anyone in specific, but to all of those who build these compressor coolers and and sell them. Peace everybody :)

Then maybe the forum mods need to make an official "feedback/rating" thread or something that is locked unless a person who actually spent the cash submits a review or comments. Something controlled. Single threads like this just kind of roll out of control.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd agree with that idea, some thing up front and visible on this board, where disputes about feed back can be resolved transparently.

cruise
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Then maybe the forum mods need to make an official "feedback/rating" thread or something that is locked unless a person who actually spent the cash submits a review or comments. Something controlled. Single threads like this just kind of roll out of control.

I think so too, but I wouldn't say the thread is out of control as it is, most comments are helpful ones by people that actually know what they're talking about or are waiting on units from Luke.

teyber
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/
my day has sucked so far(my brother ruined a lot of my tools) and reading this made me laugh for the first time today:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Raja@ASUS
07-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.

This mess of unhonored builds is still cropping up (not as bad as the situations of the past though). These sorts of issues should not be brushed under the carpet of PM's, other customers need to be aware of time frame and shipping/packaging inadequacies..

A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.

So a time frame/current orders list from each builder would be nice, and perhaps give the potential customers a little insight before parting with dollars...

regards
Raja

Blaster
07-06-2007, 11:58 PM
A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.

Unfortunally the moderation team decided to allow that guy to keep ripping off ppl.

Think its stupid to allow this kind of threads open while letting other bad bussiness practices continue. :shrug:

Brettbeck
07-07-2007, 02:17 AM

That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.

before
07-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.

I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

:)

[XC] mysticmerlin
07-07-2007, 03:27 AM
That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.

But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime. :down:

Raja@ASUS
07-07-2007, 04:46 AM
I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

:)

Yeah I am surprised this has not been considered, word is widespread that people tend to get ripped of in the phase section here. Things have improved of late no doubts, having the thread with timelines and outstanding orders would help make it a little more watertight...

Glad someone else sees this too..

regards
Raja

I sent a message to my friend this morning, try to get him to come here and open up to everyone how he got ripped off...

LukeXE
07-07-2007, 05:20 AM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7893/photo0021ha9.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0021ha9.jpg)

Sorry for quality :| Third mini-c is at my grandparent`s house :D Will take it to home today.

Brettbeck
07-07-2007, 05:22 AM
mysticmerlin;2294864']But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime. :down:

I wasn't aware it worked that way... but i've heard stories of people being able to get their money back quite easily before. Of course there will be scenarios where people get scammed etc but from what i've heard PayPal are pretty good for the security, unlike Western Union etc.

I sent a message to my friend this morning, try to get him to come here and open up to everyone how he got ripped off...

Are you sure it's not a member who has already created a thread like this one? I must have seen donzens over the past few years.

Raja@ASUS
07-07-2007, 06:37 AM
nope brett I know he created no post (just found one reference in a thread of the person in question), I just need him to get back to me about whether it has been settled or not), he was too nice a guy really and wrote off the money, the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
Raja

cruise
07-07-2007, 07:22 AM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7893/photo0021ha9.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0021ha9.jpg)

Sorry for quality :| Third mini-c is at my grandparent`s house :D Will take it to home today.

:up: Great effort Luke, in getting those pictures.

With the aux condensers added hopefully should see some results soon if charging is finished.

Magoa
07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
No offense, but i don't think this forum/subforum is created for people's deals/business. IMO a forum is something where people can show there creations, ask for help/advice and can share there problems.

Ofcourse i know that reality is a littlebit different, but i don't think making up a list of good builders are make a calendar for each builder is the responsibility for XS.

Although i must say, it would be a great thing to have a calender/book thing. But I don't think that its feasible, there could be a good reason to have delays, and the whole schedule would be ruined.

Sweet looking units luke :)

Xeon th MG Pony
07-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Only acceptable delays are: broken bones, dead, or being so sick you might as well be dead. There is realy no other reason for it.

dinos22
07-07-2007, 08:49 AM
the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
Raja

you guys are killing me :confused:
you talking about chilli1???? or someone else

cruise
07-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Only acceptable delays are: broken bones, dead, or being so sick you might as well be dead. There is realy no other reason for it.

life's motto :D

[XC] gomeler
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I have always wanted to see some form of organized list of builders so customers can keep tabs on them however I don't believe that is the direction the mods/admins want to take this forum. There does need to be some form of order though as it'll both identify quality builder and good businessmen.

[XC] riptide
07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
nope brett I know he created no post (just found one reference in a thread of the person in question), I just need him to get back to me about whether it has been settled or not), he was too nice a guy really and wrote off the money, the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
Raja

^^^^^^ Hmm funny how raju is banned now! Was he going to open a can of worms?

cruise
07-07-2007, 06:43 PM
riptide;2295967']^^^^^^ Hmm funny how raju is banned now! Was he going to open a can of worms?

Doubt it has anything to do with it, he told me that he wouldn't be saying anything unless his friend came forward.

Although probably not a good idea to discuss bans or reasons for bans, should just leave it as it is.

that's upto my firend to come back and prove, although I believe my firend 100&#37;, I don't have the evidence on hand here to back it up, so I don't spread slander. I have left the door open for my friend to make public if he wishes..

regards
Raja

gosmeyer
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Although probably not a good idea to discuss bans or reasons for bans, should just leave it as it is.

Nice, real nice.
Only thing I want to know is will the last person here with any values, morels or ethics please try to pass some on. Seems to be an incredible shortage! Meanwhile, John Q Public has said builder start on system and the circle continues. I thought they called that insanity, same behavior expecting different results :shrug:
You'd think were talking National Security:shocked: Sorry but I was never one to care much for anything less than the truth. Maybe I'm just to old :confused:

cruise
07-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Nice, real nice.
Only thing I want to know is will the last person here with any values, morels or ethics please try to pass some on. Seems to be an incredible shortage! Meanwhile, John Q Public has said builder start on system and the circle continues. I thought they called that insanity, same behavior expecting different results :shrug:
You'd think were talking National Security:shocked: Sorry but I was never one to care much for anything less than the truth. Maybe I'm just to old :confused:

But it's not like he was banned for trying to reveal the truth, because he made it clear he wasn't going to say anything, he was banned for something else which he might have deserved (we don't know).

And I'm not saying forget about it, I mean that considering the moderators stance...

According to him his friend might be willing to come forward, but it really is up to him anyway. If it's really true that someone was ripped off I fully support them 100&#37; and they should do everything possible to correct that wrong doing for sure.

Praz
07-07-2007, 08:36 PM
The reason for the ban was not the post in this thread. The blame needs to be placed on the magic beans. Gotta watch out for them. Everything may not be as it appears.

runmc
07-08-2007, 04:30 AM
riptide;2295967']^^^^^^ Hmm funny how raju is banned now! Was he going to open a can of worms?

Stop speculating .:down:

Raja was banned for comments he made in the "Green Jelly Bean" thread.

[XC] riptide
07-08-2007, 04:38 AM
Stop speculating .:down:

Raja was banned for comments he made in the "Green Jelly Bean" thread.

Just wondered.

runmc
07-08-2007, 04:43 AM
riptide;2296664'] Just wondered.

Well I'm sorry for my choice of words. :(

LukeXE
07-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey

sorry for not being online yesterday/tomorrow, but I really have hard internet acces.

Today I added aux condensers and vacuuming now, hope tomorrow see some nice results. photos in progress !

cruise
07-09-2007, 09:43 PM
good stuff, looking forward to it.

[XC] 2long4u
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Ron, there is not anything that shows up when I search for green jelly bean. What happened?

one_servant
07-10-2007, 05:32 AM
It's highly likely that it was tossed into the tar pit or deleted.

LukeXE
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey

I finished vacuuming two small auto-c, third in progress. I`ve got only one manifold station, so I`ve to wait untill vacuum on third unit will be complete.

Photos in high quality soon !!:clap:

Pansuu
07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Luke, maybe you typing wrong my accountnumber, or there is this time something nuclear attack in poland, but no money arrived. You got PM!

Six month i am waited to short out this deal. In my view i should be first of your "payment" list. Only it seems that, im maybe the last one. :mad:

Pleeease, short this out now.

LukeXE
07-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Money is going to you, parts too, like I said. If you wanna I can post photos of "receipt" from bank, that money was send. I`m claryfing situation and I`m not lying. When I`m writing "money was send", so that`s true.

Polish banks are slow, postal sometimes is crazy, especially in my town. So be patient, money should be in this week in your account, max I think on monday. Parts can arrive a bit later.

tim-
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
pansuu:
expect up top 10workdays for bank transfers, some kind of standard in EU.

regards
Tim

Pansuu
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
OK, thanks, ill be waiting.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I all ways assume a month when dealing with banks it is f**king ridicules and getting over the top! And the fee gouging too!!!!!!!! what a f**king rip!

tim-
07-11-2007, 10:17 AM
xeon
yes it is, but this is EU, cost 5euro (~7,5$) for a transfer between two bank accounts in different countries which normally takes 7-10bank days maybe the lower numbers if swift is used, if accountnumber is used the higher numbers..

If I do same service from sweden to US I will have to pay something between 25-30$.

regards
Tim

Marvin_The_Martian
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Money is going to you, parts too, like I said. If you wanna I can post photos of "receipt" from bank, that money was send. I`m claryfing situation and I`m not lying. When I`m writing "money was send", so that`s true.

Polish banks are slow, postal sometimes is crazy, especially in my town. So be patient, money should be in this week in your account, max I think on monday. Parts can arrive a bit later.

I need to support luke that his word is good, when I bought something off him I actually paid him twice because off my own stupid fault but he returned everything promptly making it a good buisisness experience non the less. The unit was working up to specs, he forgot to add one thing I requested and paid for specificly but he ended up not using on the unit but that's not a big deal considering it wasn't a big piece and I haven't had any time even I had revieved it to do anything with it...

Trust Luke's word, he's been good for it in my case atleast :up:

cruise
07-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Photos in high quality soon !!

:shrug: Did something happen?

[XC] riptide
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Although I didn't buy a Phase unit off Luke, I did buy a Cedar Mill off him. There was no problem with the CPU that arrived. Was a good deal.

cruise
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
But this is like before, everything seems to finally be working out then we hear nothing, and somehow we are back to where we started.

I don't know about you, but if those 3 auto-cascades were done, then what could it be? Earthquake?? Maybe Pansuu is correct in his prediction.

Freddie123
07-13-2007, 02:26 AM
He says above he's having a hard time getting internet access, its possible they're finished and in the post for all you know. I wouldn't get paranoid yet, give it another day or two.

SF3D
07-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Luke. You will get e-mail today.

I have used your cascade ~10h and it is really dying. With conroe @ 4.9GHz (1.83V) temperature goes up to -57c in load on both cores. It just can't hold load at all. I don't care if it does -90 idle..that means nothing when benching.

I'm very angry at the moment and I think I need some kind of refund.

Freddie123
07-13-2007, 05:40 AM
What is the unit tuned for?

SF3D
07-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Luke promised ~200W -100c. I think luke tuned this to get in -130c club and forgot to tune it with higher loads. No quad for this for sure :)

Freddie123
07-13-2007, 05:58 AM
You're using an E6700 right? At 4.9Ghz and 1.83v its putting out 257 watts did Luke tune for 200w?

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Luke. You will get e-mail today.

I have used your cascade ~10h and it is really dying. With conroe @ 4.9GHz (1.83V) temperature goes up to -57c in load on both cores. It just can't hold load at all. I don't care if it does -90 idle..that means nothing when benching.

I'm very angry at the moment and I think I need some kind of refund.
What are you measuring temps from? That sounds like your measuring via software or the like. Units are almost always tuned by evaporator temperature, look at Sdumpers unit that I built him, he saw cores just below zero, while evap was holding much lower temps.

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Not to mention that if its holding the cpu at that overclock, which is definitly a good result, what were you possibly expecting? 5.5 ghz?

SF3D
07-13-2007, 06:09 AM
I'm measuring temperatures from the base of evaporator and with software. There is only ~2c difference in those two.

Well I'm lucky that my chip is doing so well under this unit. Quad core overclock is no go at the moment.

Edit: By the way, contact is perfect :) Maybe 5.5GHz is doable with LN2...

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Well if its not tuned for a quad it won't work, you asked for 200watts you said? Thats dual core territory, and probably too little for the high voltage your running. What are you measuring the evap temperature with? Can you take a picture of the evap temperature at idle and at load so we can verify? There should be more then a 2c difference from evap to cpu, a much larger difference indeed.

Even if contacts perfect, you still have a large delta from things like speedfan or coretemp to actual evaporator temperature except at no load or very light load situations.

Freddie123
07-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Tbh at those voltages you're suicide running anyway, so whats wrong with -57?

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:29 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97321&page=4
Go look at kayls cascade, nearly positive temp cores with a quad with a much much much lower evaporator temperature. It sounds like your cascade from Luke is doing just as well as you asked for if not quite a bit better.

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:37 AM
I think your just expecting the wrong sort of results, and not seeing your original goal. Your original goal was to overclock, your getting over 4.9ghz, you could not do that without this sorta cooling or better.

SF3D
07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
I'll continue this with Luke only.

n00b 0f l337, stop speculating, I'm not some phase virgin :)

Bye!

n00b 0f l337
07-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Should have continued this with Luke to begin with, otherwise, I do not beleive that at full load your evaporator temperature is the same as what your software is reporting if its Speedfan or coretemp or the like.

krullet
07-13-2007, 07:01 AM
hey i think this thread is starting to glide from the point,

i think its starting to be more, talk :banana::banana::banana::banana: about the things ive bought from luke

i think its good that threads like this is getting up, so both buyer and builder can keep track of whats what.. and its also really good for people that have been thinking of buying a unit..

i think the idea to compile all the builds that have been done by a person in one thread is good,

im pretty sure that luke took all this jobs to HELP ppl on this forum that wants to have extreme cooling,,not to F them over..

its sad that he have been involved in many accidents, so that he not have been able to finish the units in time.

but hes trying to finish every unit now, he shows pics and answers every day.,he seems to be paying money back to some.

give him a break, i waited almost a year for my cascade unit, not built by luke..the first start leaking when shipped, i never started a thread like this, i talked to the person in question.. sometimes things takes longer that expected..

cruise
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
The point at the moment is that, according to Luke the units are complete, so why have we not heard from him at all?

No results or pictures of completed and packed units, no picture of 3 auto-cascades together. It takes 5 seconds to take a picture not 3 days.

No assurance that the units will be packed in a wooden crate or given some kind of sufficient protection, or that they are tuned for quad core loads.

Short of an earthquake I have trouble comprehending this. :down:

krullet
07-14-2007, 01:43 AM
here is pic of autoc

Movieman
07-14-2007, 01:50 AM
The point at the moment is that, according to Luke the units are complete, so why have we not heard from him at all?

No results or pictures of completed and packed units, no picture of 3 auto-cascades together. It takes 5 seconds to take a picture not 3 days.

No assurance that the units will be packed in a wooden crate or given some kind of sufficient protection, or that they are tuned for quad core loads.

Short of an earthquake I have trouble comprehending this. :down:

Just as an outsider looking in it appears to me that your not happy unless your posting dumping on the guy twice a day.
By the way, at the time you posted Luke had posted TWO days ago not three as you stated.
Now I don't know Luke at all so I'm not defending him. It's your tone that comes across as not wanting to solve issues but to blow them up.
Just think about this please. Yelling and name calling never solved anything.
Thanks for reading.

cruise
07-14-2007, 03:11 AM
here is pic of autoc

Right, there's a a pic of two auto cascades of 3, both without the condensers which are claimed to be completed.

the 5 other things which were said are not delivered yet, including pictures of completed units and results.

Whatever! Glad you can keep calm since no large sum of money is involved for you.

krullet
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
when i bvought my cascade for ca 1255 euro i had to w8 a year to get it....im positive that u will get the things u have ordered eventually, things may have come up, things he cannot controle..

and when i look at the pics i see fully completed units..

i think its enough now, everyone has got the point..

i totally agree with movieman.-.

cruise
07-14-2007, 02:13 PM
when i bvought my cascade for ca 1255 euro i had to w8 a year to get it....im positive that u will get the things u have ordered eventually, things may have come up, things he cannot controle..

and when i look at the pics i see fully completed units..

i think its enough now, everyone has got the point..

i totally agree with movieman.-.

Wait, you're saying that because you waited a year for your autoc that somehow makes it ok and I should also wait a year?

If you read this thread you'll find that we are here to sort all this out right now, the waiting and excuses are old news. There's just too much BS involved in this whole thing.

tim-
07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I would say 1 mounth is what it takes to build a 2stage cascade on sparetime (evenings and weekends) if all parts are in the workshop.

that's atleast the time it would take me to build a cascade, and that includes fabricate all parts such as evap, accumulators, phasesep and whatever else that's requested, braze all togheter, leak test and tune it.

a singlestager wouldn't take more then 2weeks... auto cascades is little bit more complicated to tune in, especially if you use captube and would take the same as a regular 2stage cascade.

what it takes for me to build doesn't tell what time other builders need for building. But I hope most people keeps the market clean and with resonable deliverytime. I wouldn't accept a year for finishing a regular 2stager, not even 3month..

regards
Tim

krullet
07-14-2007, 03:54 PM
i dint say that u have to w8 for so long just because i did it, but we had really trouble with shipping it, the first one broke down, and then he built me another one..the unit took maybe a month to build, but to ship it to me in swe, from him i norway was really hard, no shipping company would take it, so he had to drive it to swe, and i had to get it..

im just saying things can happen, things noone can change, and it is what it is, the only thing to do is to find a way to fix it,,

not keep bashing luke everyday, that is just wrong..

call him then, and u can talk to him, find a way out, but i dont think this is helping anyone its certainly not making things better..

as i said in the last thread i wrote, everyone here understands what u are saying, and the point have been clear to all--there is no need to keep draging hes name in the mud ...i dont think, even how many thread u write that it will go any faster...

keep the rest to PM, or phone call,

LukeXE
07-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Hello guys !

Sorry for not being online, like always, I`m still waiting for HDD.

What I need to say, three mini -AC have three aux condenser, all are vacuumed and all have initial charge of R290/CO2, all are doing around -67*C, -68*C @ ~ 1,2bar suction pressure.

Photos very soon, I have meet very, very nice girl, we are meeting for few days, because of that I`m not online everyday. I know that someone will tell me, that I`m stupid, meeting with someone instead of working hard on this whole situation. Yes, that`s true, I`m working but not 24/7, I`m meeting, to be in clear emotional situation, without that my work wouldn`t be good.

BTW, she has digicam ! So probably I`ll post clear pictures of some frosty evaps.

Yesterday I had to replace cylinder gasket in my car, by my own, don`t have money to pay it to someone to do that. Of course my car isn`t working now, but I`ll check today, what`s wrong :D

So, please, calm down, we are closer to the end than farrer

cruise
07-15-2007, 04:11 PM
If they're real world temps that's a huge improvement over previous temps before installing the condensers, great job.

Glad that your personal life is back in order and you're doing well with the ladies, and digicam is a bonus I guess, you should put it on your list of things to get though in future.

Don't forget those contacts I sent you they can supply wooden crates for packing, and about tuning for quad core loads, is there any way we can work out to do this?

Maybe you know a friend who can tune for quad core, or if all else fails I can organize someone locally, let me know how it goes.

all the best

Barnsley-Bill
07-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello guys !

Sorry for not being online, like always, I`m still waiting for HDD.

What I need to say, three mini -AC have three aux condenser, all are vacuumed and all have initial charge of R290/CO2, all are doing around -67*C, -68*C @ ~ 1,2bar suction pressure.

Photos very soon, I have meet very, very nice girl, we are meeting for few days, because of that I`m not online everyday. I know that someone will tell me, that I`m stupid, meeting with someone instead of working hard on this whole situation. Yes, that`s true, I`m working but not 24/7, I`m meeting, to be in clear emotional situation, without that my work wouldn`t be good.

BTW, she has digicam ! So probably I`ll post clear pictures of some frosty evaps.

Yesterday I had to replace cylinder gasket in my car, by my own, don`t have money to pay it to someone to do that. Of course my car isn`t working now, but I`ll check today, what`s wrong :D

So, please, calm down, we are closer to the end than farrer

I know what i would do mate sort your love life out first ;) then start building with your new girlfreind if she's ok with it you never know you might impress her.

cruise
07-17-2007, 01:28 AM
From what I gather, creating a dummy 250watt heater should be fairly easy and cheap to do, maybe 15euro or so.

This will allow tuning for quad core loads without actually having a quad core, probably could even use a bit more depending on cost and time.

Luke pm me if you want and we can organize it, it might be better than shipping the unit and realizing later that it won't hold quad core loads. :eek:

[XC] gomeler
07-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Every builder should have a dummy load along with a variac, how else would you test variable loads? Tuning for 250-300w is fine but how about making sure the system doesn't drown itself at 100w :)

cruise
07-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Luke does have a dummy load, but the one he has is 150Watt max so using quad core loads might be risky.

Obviously it will be built well, but it's nice to be sure before it leaves the workshop that it's going to handle the load. That's why I'm asking him to get something a bit bigger.

kayl
07-17-2007, 06:38 AM
gomeler;2313539']Every builder should have a dummy load along with a variac, how else would you test variable loads? Tuning for 250-300w is fine but how about making sure the system doesn't drown itself at 100w :)

very very true. I think it would be wise for luke to upgrade the 150w dummy load he has to atleast 300w to be safe. A quad core at 1.55v and high oc is so so much hotter than a dual core at 1.85v. Put 1.7 - 1.85v into a quad core and you have a very very hot cpu in your hands.:yepp:

Sampsa
07-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Why do you guys talk about quad core @ 1,55V? I'm already running my QX6700 with 1,725V under Vapochill and 1,81V under Dry Ice. I don't think 250W heat load is enough at all for tuning cascade for quad core.

cruise
07-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Then what is? 300w..?

I'm sure that would raise the cost of making it a little.

Say 1.81volts at 4GHz on quadcore looking at 372watts :)

Bigchrome
07-18-2007, 02:40 AM
nobody needs 1.81v for 4ghz. For cascades to be put on quads 350-400w is reasonable tune (for benching)

kayl
07-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Why do you guys talk about quad core @ 1,55V? I'm already running my QX6700 with 1,725V under Vapochill and 1,81V under Dry Ice. I don't think 250W heat load is enough at all for tuning cascade for quad core.

Is the software reading the volts correctly, software could be giving bogus readings.

I bet ya benching 3dmark and SPi.
Yes with these applications ya can run 1.75v on a single stage cooler quiet easy all day, even play games for hours.
But try benching wprime 1024M an application that actually uses all four cores. I wonder if you make the 50&#37; mark with 1.725v and 4-4.3ghz

THen try running quad prime 95 and see if you can hold 4ghz with 1.5-1.6v for 30mins.

I have noticed that some quads are quiet alot hotter than others though even in the B3 stepping.

Blaster
07-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Kayls knows what hes talking about, i agree.

Quads on 100% load are killers. For spi or other non-4 cores benchmarks, although they are hotter than a normal C2D, they will not compromise a good ss unit.
Even for 3dmark2006 the only real hot part is the cpu test.

This is why is hard to tune for quads. If you tune it for 100% quad load at 1,8 vcore you will loose overclock on benchs that dont use the 4 cores.

LukeXE
07-18-2007, 05:26 AM
Cruise, I`m in progress in ordering resistors for about 250-300W dummy load. Do you guys think it will be enough ? I need to tune those mini-ac well before shipping.

or

arranging quad + mobo will be better idea ?

If everything will go well, tomorrow I`ll arrange some photos :)

I`m now working on Victor`s monster, in time when I`m waiting for dummy to tune mini auto-c. Tunning his monster, GPU SLi stage is really horrible :eek:

cruise
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
piotres thinks that it should be enough, just to test if it can hold quad's load.

Duniek
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
you forget about me? :mad:

LukeXE
07-19-2007, 02:47 AM
you forget about me? :mad:

No, I don`t have GG on that computer, so I can`t contact with ya. YGPM

[XC] gomeler
07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Resistor load will be considerably cheaper and you don't risk frying $600 in components if you are using a Q6600 and P5k. For me that is a risk I'm not willing to take. My current resistor load maxes at ~350w which I'm pretty certain is more than the "average" user will be capable of dumping.

cruise
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
However it will still cost something like 20euros or more, maybe that will still be alright, maybe not.

[XC] gomeler
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
That is pocketchange for being able to test a unit before it leaves a door. Dummyload + variac should be in every builders plethora of tools

gosmeyer
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
gomeler;2318822']That is pocketchange for being able to test a unit before it leaves a door. Dummyload + variac should be in every builders plethora of tools

Let alone being able to sleep at night!;)
I like the word plethora:clap:

[XC] gomeler
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
same here, I try to use less-common words like it whenever I can :D

cruise
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
pocket change for some maybe...

Hopefully Luke will let me know if there are any problems with that. Considering he has being paying off debts and has to keep money for shipping units.

LukeXE
07-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Right, I`m paying debts + rental of ethylene/methane bottles + I still have money to ship four units, Cruise`s, Albert`s, Symon`s and Kizmo`s.

So I`m waiting for resistors for dummy, need to order more to test Victor`s GPU SLi stage of monster, need 2x~200W dummys.

Kizmo
07-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice to hear that my cascade is waiting for testing & tuning. To Luke: I got back problems @ army and i dont need to be there anymore so our little shipping problems are solved :) (but my back is so sore that i cant lift anything :( )

Duh
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I do not know about poland but here some electronic parts are so damn difficult to find ; a very friend of mine who is studying to become an EE tells me he has to search a very long time until he finds what he looks for.

Keep those lovely unit U build up Luke and happy "friends day" for all :toast:

hatemi
07-20-2007, 03:12 PM
The resistor/heat cartridge (250W@230v) cost me 35€. The variac/light dimmer cost me 10€. The copper was already there and the DMM was already mine also. The watt/curent/what ewer you might want to measure meter(to see the real powerdraw) was about 20€.

Pretty cheap considering I have blown up resistors for 50+€ in my loadblocks that didnt like the load they were run at.

cruise
07-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Luke, did you organize wooden crates for packing of these units? I feel like we need some kind of confirmation of that.

Also please take some pictures if you find the time..

wdrzal
07-20-2007, 07:51 PM
The resistor/heat cartridge (250W@230v) cost me 35€. The variac/light dimmer cost me 10€. The copper was already there and the DMM was already mine also. The watt/curent/what ewer you might want to measure meter(to see the real powerdraw) was about 20€.

Pretty cheap considering I have blown up resistors for 50+€ in my loadblocks that didnt like the load they were run at.

A light dimmer is a triac not the same as a variac . Triac don't lower voltage just switch it on and off very rapidly . old reostate dimmers used to lower the voltage and give off the difference as heat,which is wasting energy.

Ssilencer
07-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I do not know about poland but here some electronic parts are so damn difficult to find ; a very friend of mine who is studying to become an EE tells me he has to search a very long time until he finds what he looks for.

Keep those lovely unit U build up Luke and happy "friends day" for all :toast:

"Friends day" it's an Argentinian invent Duh :) so just local.

LukeXE
07-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Luke, did you organize wooden crates for packing of these units? I feel like we need some kind of confirmation of that.

Also please take some pictures if you find the time..

Hey, there will be wooden box around unit, only for shipping. No problem with that.

Yes, I`ll take some pictures, it`s not because I can`t find time for that, but because "normal" digicam is my friend`s parents, and they have some sort bad feeling, that this stuff will be domaged while doing photos of so cold units :ROTF:

Pete
07-21-2007, 02:59 AM
They have some sort bad feeling, that this stuff will be domaged while doing photos of so cold units :ROTF:

Yeah same as us, that your units are so getto and deadly not to say the expolsive mixture of gasses in there and lack of safty devices.

Should keep Wiz happy that Post

I'll dig out my old camera Luke, LCD on back is cracked but i guess it's useable. If it is you'll have a PM and post as i will let you have it! FOR FREE!!! Then you can post tons of photos!!!

Tekdemon
07-22-2007, 12:19 AM
mysticmerlin;2294864']But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime. :down:

Paypal is supposed to cover the difference but Paypal themselves obviously does not want to, so they'll often tell you they can't recover your money, etc. And then you'll have to argue with them forever over it.

I've sold stuff where I should have been protected as a seller and Paypal gave me all kinds of nonsense about why I wasn't being covered. Luckily in the specific situation the buyer wasn't actually a fraudulent buyer but just someone whose e-mails didn't get to me and got paranoid and went and filed a chargeback against me. Paypal claimed that he had filed the chargeback as the item being "not as described", and not a "never received" claim with his credit card company, so Paypal said they wouldn't cover me (even though their seller protection policy doesn't ever actually tell you this). The buyer eventually just sent another payment instead, after I got managed to get in contact with him. Unfortunately I was on vacation at the time, and having to argue with Paypal on vacation was not particularly fun :mad: BTW, my buyer actually filed his chargeback as a "never received" claim, since he had gotten worried about not getting anything, so Paypal was just making random crap up to not cover me :down:

And when I bought some tickets that never showed up, Paypal first sent me an e-mail telling me they couldn't recover my money, before sending me an e-mail telling me that they managed to get my money, lol. I think they changed their mind when they realized that I had filed a chargeback myself with my credit card company.

The point of my extremely long and boring story, is that Paypal is not particularly trustworthy with their supposed protection, BUT your credit card company (depending on company though) can be a much more protective force. So make sure that you pay using a credit card when using Paypal, then just call your credit card company if something goes wrong. I know with American Express you usually have 90 days to file a chargeback. And Paypal seems to be a lot more respectful of your complaint when they know that if they don't voluntarily refund your money, your credit card company will force them to refund your money anyway.

LukeXE
07-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Yeah same as us, that your units are so getto and deadly not to say the expolsive mixture of gasses in there and lack of safty devices.

Should keep Wiz happy that Post

I'll dig out my old camera Luke, LCD on back is cracked but i guess it's useable. If it is you'll have a PM and post as i will let you have it! FOR FREE!!! Then you can post tons of photos!!!

Ok, I`m waiting for your reply.

LukeXE
07-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Some news.

In kizmo`s cascade eletrics is done, probably today will tune it.

In one auto-c condenser is leaking, I need to arrange oxy-propane torch to repair that, mapp`s flame is too big to do that.

I have to arrange those stupid photos, why I fu***ked by old digicam :down:

cruise
07-28-2007, 07:06 AM
thanks, for the update,

How long did they say it would take to send the resistors for dummy load?

LukeXE
07-29-2007, 02:17 AM
It should take about 7 days I think, maximum.

symphy
08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
... news?

VictorWang
08-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Cruise, I`m in progress in ordering resistors for about 250-300W dummy load. Do you guys think it will be enough ? I need to tune those mini-ac well before shipping.

or

arranging quad + mobo will be better idea ?

If everything will go well, tomorrow I`ll arrange some photos :)

I`m now working on Victor`s monster, in time when I`m waiting for dummy to tune mini auto-c. Tunning his monster, GPU SLi stage is really horrible :eek:

Right, I`m paying debts + rental of ethylene/methane bottles + I still have money to ship four units, Cruise`s, Albert`s, Symon`s and Kizmo`s.

So I`m waiting for resistors for dummy, need to order more to test Victor`s GPU SLi stage of monster, need 2x~200W dummys.

4800$+ and 6months waiting.
you know I'm on my edge now.
so....plz.
Luke, plz move fast and make everything perfect.
I'm glad u remember my monster.
but I do need them in time and in perfect condition.
after that, I'll talk about that Leak problem of the mini-auto-c :(

LukeXE
08-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Nothing speciall but some news.

Tomorrow I will have, probably, resistors. So 265W dummy will work. With it I`ll tune three mini-c, Kizmo`s cascade and Victor`s monster cascade stage.

In Victor`s unit ST2 is already done, because I`ve got oil valve from Piotres, at least. It`s vacuumed, need leaktest it and then will charge it with R1150 and calibrate.

Pansuu
08-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Luke

I haven't seen any packets here...and how long i have waited, over a month? Or over two, when i say to you "i have heard enough lies" and you say "yes yes, package is in post"
I have your pm`s in my mailbox, do you want to see dates?

About month ago you say that package came back after two weeks, because your handwrite was so terrible-->adress missing.(lol)
Maybe now you are saying that "package is missing by post office fault" and ofcourse you dont have any receipt or is it missing too?

I dont think that package takes over a month to get here from poland. I think that you are only playing or piss on the eye. Duniek send me packake under two weeks...

If you really dont get that package to me, stop bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:ing me and you have that other option-->money to my account, thank you.

VictorWang: 4800$..OMG, i really hope you get something with that money, cross your fingers and pray.

Sampsa
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Looks like we are talking about $10000 money (or more) transferred to LukeXE and 5 units (or more) under construction.

Cruise, it was a good thing you raised this issue on table.

Duh
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Looks like we are talking about $10000 money (or more) transferred to LukeXE and 5 units (or more) under construction.

dude, unless you are involved, you shouldn t flame luke this way...speculating in that way does not help the seller or the buyer...

I am not protecting no one, just saying that maybe we should effort to be a bit nicer :)

Sampsa
08-06-2007, 10:55 AM
dude, unless you are involved, you shouldn t flame luke this way...speculating in that way does not help the seller or the buyer...

I am not protecting no one, just saying that maybe we should effort to be a bit nicer :)

I'm running a hardware site in Finland and unfortunately several our readers have involved in this and I have been reading their experiences now several months. I'm also thinking of buying a cascade from XS member so it's good that things like this are now public. Also my previous post only included facts not flaming.

cruise
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
In total there's victors unit, 4-auto-cascades, I gather one of them is completely finished. So your estimate was right.

So far it seems the hold up with the auto-c is leaks and building a dummy load for testing, and Victors unit is being worked on to fix some of those issues mentioned by Luke.

I want to believe that this can be completed quite soon as do we all, I also want to believe that Luke has found the correct tools to get this job done by now.

Not sure how important it is, but we still havn't got any pictures of these units.

Pansuu
08-07-2007, 08:14 AM
In my case, our deal was made in january and IM STILL WAITING when this deal is settled :mad:

In Finland we take this kind of `builders` to back of the sauna.

[XC] gomeler
08-07-2007, 08:49 AM
In my case, our deal was made in january and IM STILL WAITING when this deal is settled :mad:

And give them a massage :ROTF: Sorry, I get the point but I thought it was funny. Over here in America we say "tool shed" or "barn" rather than sauna, guess you guys have better style :up:

Duniek
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM

absolute no words :shocked: :confused: :eek: :down:

Luke I'm still waiting for cash :mad:

piotres
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM

:ROTF: :ROTF: :rofl:

tim-
08-07-2007, 04:20 PM
yes, we are a couple of sweds here.. both me and krullet are.. i think I've seen a few more.

LukeXE
08-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Tomorrow I`ll make photos of all units, I`ll borrow digicam from Martha.

Dummy is under construction, copper baseplate should be here, I`ve already resistors.

Pansuu, tomorrow I`ll go to postal ask WTF.

AND

GOD, PLEASE !!! DON`T TELL ME THAT I STEAL SOMEONE`S MONEY !!!

EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEY UNITS, in couple of days/2-3weeks max !

Give me time untill end of vacations, I`ve job and paying some debts here, I`ve to sell some things, working on units.

At this momment:

CRUISE`S, ALBERT`S and SYMON`S autocascades ----> Are waiting for dummy. If they won`t hold load, I`ll rebuild them to Quad Core ready Rotary SS, with some mods + small refund, because they will not be autocascades like in deal. And probably they will have that same performance, because I`ll mix some refrigerants. It`s the only way. Everyone will have units, really !!

VICTOR`S MONSTER --> Already finished, photos tomorrow. Waiting for tunning and dummys for SLi-GPU stage. ONLY !!!! It`s under construction for 3 months, but it`s complicated and big unit. I can`t send it untill I`ll be sure, that it`s OK. I don`t wanna any situation, when at China it WON`T WORK ! So please understand me Victor, I would really send it fast, but I can`t. Shipping is f******* expensive, I can`t make any mistakes.

KIZMO`S cascade --> DONE, waiting for dummy. !!!!

SYMPHY`S 3 stager --> Waiting to rebuild 3rd stage. Will do that after all units.

TOMORROW PHOTOS

And please give me some more time.

Victor, 4800$ ? 1500E for monster If I remember correctly (or 1600E), about 900E (950?) for two mini-c, so you have ~2550E, which is ~3500$ for units. I`m not calculating shipping cost, because that`s not my fault that shipping is so expensive. And not 6 months, I have send two mini-c on 3-4 of may, you were waiting for them about month (from april to may) (?), so from may to august we have 3 months for building monster. I`m not flamming to anyone, but please tell all truth and normal informations.

To everone, please not add months and extra money to real values.

LukeXE
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
And to everyone. I fu****ked all situation and nobody here on XS is doing so wrong things like me.

I fu****ked eveyrthing and I`ll repair everything. All units are done, need to be tested, calibrated, if needed modified and will be send. And owners will be happy, no matter how angry they are now. So everything will have happy ending, I promise.

n00b 0f l337
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Sounds good, I beleive you'll come thru. Give me a MSN or AIM sometime, want to have a chat with ya.

tim-
08-08-2007, 12:31 PM
lukeXE:
I think it's the looong waiting that's killing people and make them suspicious.

make sure this is the final delay and everyone will be happy.

filmbot
08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I have no opinion in this either way since Im not involved what so ever, but ever since I heard about Victors project Ive been dying to see pics.

So luke, post those pics ASAP :D

Pete
08-08-2007, 01:05 PM
So luke, post those pics ASAP :D

He said tomorrow being the 09/08/07, Thursday for peak sake

No sit down and wait ya bloody horse kid!

Luke i have a new LCD for my old camera. Once i have fixed it's yours mate to show the master work off.

Anyone want to argue with me feel free. 1st thing first you build kick ass units that perfom like Luke's or better than i will take it all back!

[XC] gomeler
08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Pete chill out. Filmbot simply had POSITIVE enthusiasm for Luke's projects, stop trying to instigate anything.

DarthBeavis
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
He said tomorrow being the 09/08/07, Thursday for peak sake

No sit down and wait ya bloody horse kid!

Luke i have a new LCD for my old camera. Once i have fixed it's yours mate to show the master work off.

Anyone want to argue with me feel free. 1st thing first you build kick ass units that perfom like Luke's or better than i will take it all back!

I wanna argue with you . . .don't know about what though. :fight:

LukeXE
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Now I will go to my job (in supermarket...), I have to work from 10am to 16pm today, so probably at 17-18pm I`ll post pictures.

thanks for good words.

NoL, luke_xe@hotmail.com. Just tell me when you wanna chat, I`ll try to be there.

Pete
08-09-2007, 01:22 AM
I wanna argue with you . . .don't know about what though. :fight:

Be warned you may never live through it. MSN, Pm, e-mail me. I will even be in Bosten, CA, NYC and some other random nasty places soon with work and what not

ryba
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Now I will go to my job (in supermarket...), I have to work from 10am to 16pm today, so probably at 17-18pm I`ll post pictures.

thanks for good words.

NoL, luke_xe@hotmail.com. Just tell me when you wanna chat, I`ll try to be there.

We are waiting :)

MaSell
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
so probably at 17-18pm I`ll post pictures.

Now is 20:19pm in Poland :)

HoriWanderFuLL
08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
saddens me to read this whole post...surley you have Lukes Phone number for contact ?

must be better than doing it this way because things like this will just end up getting Phase cooling section closed down for good...Wich is what i definetly dont want.

I think if i was in this situation i would apply for a credit card and finish of my projects and live life .

Cheers Hori

MaSell
08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
He is almost uncatchable, XS is only way to contact with Luke

ryba
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
saddens me to read this whole post...surley you have Lukes Phone number for contact ?

must be better than doing it this way because things like this will just end up getting Phase cooling section closed down for good...Wich is what i definetly dont want.

I think if i was in this situation i would apply for a credit card and finish of my projects and live life .

Cheers Hori

Yes, I have phone number LukeXE, do you want it :)?

Duniek
08-09-2007, 11:36 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i'm still waiting for cash Luke
I really need them, I think about start to count percentage of this money :mad:

LukeXE
08-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Duniek, Tomorrow. My friend tomorrow will give me cash back, mom too, so I`ll send money. Sorry for delay, but it`s not my fault, she and he will take tomorrow sallary.

Promised photos, sorry for "small" delay ;) Sorry for mess in cellar !

One of the mini-c:

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0950.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0951.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0952.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0954.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0955.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0977.JPG

Second one, uninsulated because I searched for leak, and I found it :up:

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0956.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0957.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0958.JPG

Kizmo`s cascade :up:

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0959.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0960.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0961.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0963.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0964.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0965.JPG

Third mini-c, It`s uncompleted because I have to braze condenser. Probably this unit will be the first Rotary Quad ready SS.

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0966.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0967.JPG

Victor`s monster ! It`s really huge...

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0968.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0969.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0969.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0971.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0972.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0973.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0973.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0975.JPG
http://gorajec.net/lukexe/delayed/PICT0976.JPG

So, as you can see, I`m not taking money and spending it. Unit`s are completed/ready to be completed/rebuilded, but THEY ARE REAL ! AND THEY ARE ! NOt virtual, not only words.

Thanks to Martha for digicam, it helped me a lot. I hope that coffe is still actually ;)

runmc
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Have fun shipping Luke :D Best wishes :up:

filmbot
08-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow, Vics is a monster :eek:

Reminds me of a mini verison of Shams anaconda.

[XC] gomeler
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh man.. Shamino's anaconda was beautiful in the same manner as Victors Monster :D Looking good Luke, hope shipping it doesn't prove to be a problem.

cruise
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Very impressive, definitely better after seeing the units together and the progress.

what temps do you think the Rotary SS could hold at load?

symphy
08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice to see pics. Seems like there has always been some progress - and i always knew you can make it Luke.

Contact me please via MSN, i need input about the cascade :X

Duh
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
wow luke you worked like an ant dude :toast: for such lovely units

gosmeyer
08-09-2007, 07:06 PM
THEY ARE REAL ! AND THEY ARE ! NOt virtual, not only words.
:ROTF: :rofl:

Glad you got some pic's up and I know your glad to be moving forward :up:

HoriWanderFuLL
08-09-2007, 08:44 PM
verry impresive looking units ,,That insulation must of taken hours to do shame you had to remove it.

how would you ship somthing like that ?

good luck with your Projects

[XC] gomeler
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
You crate stuff like that, costs a bit but it insures it won't get kicked around by the postman :up:

HoriWanderFuLL
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes i thought maybe a crate would be needed ..and a verry solid 1 at that.

Thanks for the reply Cheers Hori

LukeXE
08-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Have fun shipping Luke :D Best wishes :up:

Hehe, thanks Ron, for sure it will be fun ;)

Very impressive, definitely better after seeing the units together and the progress.

what temps do you think the Rotary SS could hold at load?

Don`t wanna quess, but with my dummy (265W) I`m expecting something like
-50C. Everything will be good Cruise :up:

Nice to see pics. Seems like there has always been some progress - and i always knew you can make it Luke.

Contact me please via MSN, i need input about the cascade :X

We will chat.

Now I have to go to job, see ya later my friends.

mjot
08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks to Martha for digicam, it helped me a lot. I hope that coffe is still actually ;)

I'm sorry. More info on PM

LukeXE
08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I could know that.

VictorWang
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Luke, plz send pic's to my mail-box.
I can't see the pictures u uploaded :(
thx

LukeXE
08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Hehe, so many nice comments, and you can`t see photos :D :D

You`ve got them on mailbox.

tim-
08-10-2007, 02:55 AM
this looks like... luke :) nice dude.. this will proberbly ease the buyers souls :)

Pansuu
08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Remember to visit in post office..

Fhqwhgads6680
08-10-2007, 04:25 AM
hey luke! nice units, great to see the and that you got them all done! I knew you'd pull through and I am glad! GJ man!

Brandon J

symphy
08-10-2007, 04:36 AM
How are you going to package Victors system on its long trip to China Luke?

Nice to see the units :up:

Tom

I'd suggest a massive wooden box and LOTS of foam :X

n00b 0f l337
08-10-2007, 04:39 AM
What size rotaries are those?

Fhqwhgads6680
08-10-2007, 04:41 AM
I'd use secure foam! haha anyone seen Demolition man? the stuff that protected him in the car! to bad its not real lol....

Xeon th MG Pony
08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I'd use secure foam! haha anyone seen Demolition man? the stuff that protected him in the car! to bad its not real lol....

It is, it is called caned foam lolyou spray it, put plastic over it then push the peice into it and repeat for the other side.

Kizmo
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Hehey, looks like my tentacle monster is also ready :)

How did it perform?

Athens[2004]
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well done Luke . :)

I think many owners , and many -others-... were satisfied .

Cheers . Tom.

Pansuu
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Pansuu, tomorrow I`ll go to postal ask WTF.

"tomorrow"... Any progress?

Duniek
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
"tomorrow"... Any progress?

bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:

tommorow it's some days ago, yesterday and today
allways is TOMMOROW DAY
and still I don't have cash from Luke :mad:

VictorWang
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
any update ? so many people are waiting :(

n00b 0f l337
08-14-2007, 09:58 AM
He can't do everything in one day, but he should stop saying tomorrow if it'll be a few days.

Pete
08-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I do belive he is working a lot as well in a supermarket which is hopw he is more than likely making the extra moneys needed.

Non the less he is doing the work loads by the photos shown.

His missis has the camera and im just finishing working on his new toy to keep all you lifeless soles happy

Perc
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
please add me to this unfinshed list. this is the chilly1 list or am i n the wrong thread? sorry if i am.

peace perc,

runmc
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
please add me to this unfinshed list. this is the chilly1 list or am i n the wrong thread? sorry if i am.

peace perc,

LOL - Perc :D You are in the wrong thread, but your probably just as well off in this list. :ROTF: I'll get you headed in the right direction. Look for a PM. :)

Pansuu
08-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Is today tomorrow day, i quess no :shrug:

ryba
08-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Is today tomorrow day, i quess no :shrug:

No, tomorrow is tomorrow :)

VictorWang
08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
:( where's luke, i just wanna know the exact date to have these machine finished.

[XC] 2long4u
08-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Dont you know tommorow never comes? It is always today.

Stapler
08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Dont you know tommorow never comes? It is always today.

I thought it was always a day away, but what do I know.

[XC] 2long4u
08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry if I offended any one. I was just saying that tommorow is never here. So many people say I'll do it tommorow, when that is just an excuse why thay didn't do it today. I'm glad I'm not in any difficult positions, and I feel sorry for anyone that is in one. I have been there myself and it doesn't feel good. I have a friend that is out his phase because he sent it to jinnu117. I'm just glad that we all live in the same state and it is easier to file a lawsuite.

noobzed
08-17-2007, 11:30 PM
:( where's luke, i just wanna know the exact date to have these machine finished.

I was thinking new rules of forum had to stop customer complaining ...

or perhaps just concerning me ...

or perhaps oveclocking legend are above the rules ...

let me know IFMU please..

Pansuu
08-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I was thinking new rules of forum had to stop customer complaining ...

or perhaps just concerning me ...

or perhaps oveclocking legend are above the rules ...

let me know IFMU please..
Or maybe ban these cheater builders who take others money and promises doesnt count nothing.

I have waited over six month, promise was one month. If this happened in Finland, i would be already take this matter to Police. Im realy realy tired to hear more Lukes explains.

noobzed
08-18-2007, 05:27 AM
I ask modo intervertion in here please..

Or maybe ban these cheater builders who take others money and promises doesnt count nothing.

do not forget ohther well known builder around here... only cheater ( like this word )

CyberDruid
08-18-2007, 06:29 AM
I ask modo intervertion in here please..

do not forget ohther well known builder around here... only cheater ( like this word )

I would like to understand your POV that thinks legitimate complaints and concerns should not be aired here?

If XS deems a builder worthy to sell his wares then XS should also deem the Customer members here and their concerns worthy of airing as well.

If the Forum sees fit to allow Hobbyists to act as merchants then they shoud by fair play let that Hobbyist's customers speak.

After reading through this entire thread I don't know what to think.

As a builder I have not only thousands tied up in tools and workshop but thousands upon thousands tied up in inventory.

As posted before the problem is not just the builder and the builder's ability to meet expectations (timely production/appropriate shipping methods/open line of communication) but customers that seem to be lacking in good judgement. Apologies to our esteemed overclocker heroes here, but it seems problematic that a unit of such complexity with a pressboard foundation will arrive intact and functional.

Best regards to all involved. I think this is a valuable thread and gives some great insight into a common trend of Hobbyists that sell their wares as Professionals. And I hope that those phase units arrive intact and servicable:up:

A tip of the hat to the Mods here for keeping this thread open:clap:

runmc
08-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I am temporarily closing this thread until we can set up a place for these dispute. All builder/customer relationship problem is killing the Phase forum. We are working on this problem. Please read the rules at the top of Phase forum page.