PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Loop

MotF Bane
07-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, I finally bought all of my parts, except the MCW60 and MCW30 which are out of stock currently. Everything else should be here between Thursday and next Monday. The loop is being made of 5/16" ID tubing (it's free, it's got insane bend radius, and I'm not too worried about my temps), which means I am using my DDC-2 with the stock top. I have a second DDC-2; should I put that in? If so, should it go in for increasing head or increasing flow? How would I go about doing either of those?

The rest of the loop is a T-Line (no reservoir at all), a Thermochill PA120.3, an MCW60, an MCW30, and a D-Tek Fuzion.

At the moment, I was thinking of putting the two pumps in parallel (that's more flow rate, right?), considering I already have 22 feet of head pressure from them. The order as I am currently thinking will be...

T-Line > Pump > Radiator > CPU > NB > GPU > repeat...

tylerdustin2008
07-02-2007, 11:00 AM
That looks good, but since you have two pumps i would put one right before the rad and one after it. If you have the parts why not use them?

MotF Bane
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
That looks good, but since you have two pumps i would put one right before the rad and one after it. If you have the parts why not use them?

Is that going to boost flow or boost head pressure though?

nibble
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
IMO you don't need the second pump, even if it's a DDC3.2. They are all low restriction blocks so you should be fine.