PDA

View Full Version : 100 posts to be able to see classifieds

xmastermindx
06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
why?? i cant even see my own post. sure, i have 22 posts, but whats the deal with needing 100 to see your own threads in there? lame.... :confused:

Dissolved
06-23-2003, 07:22 PM
To keep trolls out :)

JBELL
06-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by xmastermindx
why?? i cant even see my own post. sure, i have 22 posts, but whats the deal with needing 100 to see your own threads in there? lame.... :confused:

Sorry rules are rules and they are there to protect traders sellers and buyers....

EQuito
06-23-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm all for it to keep trolls out but 100 posts? c'mon, that's a little too much don't you think?

Twisted
06-23-2003, 07:51 PM
nope, that shows you have dedication

xmastermindx
yes, it is. i posted and viewed just fine not even a month ago. rules are rules i guess, even if they're stupid :(

Twisted
Originally posted by xmastermindx
yes, it is. i posted and viewed just fine not even a month ago. rules are rules i guess, even if they're stupid :(
you wont be saying its stupid when you might have gotten screwed over

Twisted
06-23-2003, 07:53 PM
btw, your sig wont show

CCW
06-24-2003, 12:06 AM
JBELL, why not put an announcement of the top of every topical forum expalining this, there area lot of threads on this, just thought it might be good idea, save u a bit of time ;)

Craig

JBELL
06-24-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by EQuito
I'm all for it to keep trolls out but 100 posts? c'mon, that's a little too much don't you think?

you have 189 posts at this point what difference does it make to you?? 100 posts is nothing!

JBELL
06-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by CCW
JBELL, why not put an announcement of the top of every topical forum expalining this, there area lot of threads on this, just thought it might be good idea, save u a bit of time ;)

Craig

There is nothing to explain... you need 100 posts. period.
think of it as senior membership level.. people don't complain about that and that is an earned right to have, well so is the classifieds.

CCW
06-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by JBELL
There is nothing to explain... you need 100 posts. period.
think of it as senior membership level.. people don't complain about that and that is an earned right to have, well so is the classifieds.

sorry, just thought it might help stopping you seening another bilkion threads titled "argh 100 posts" etc

Marine_1
06-24-2003, 12:38 PM
i thought the same thing, about maybe telling people, but no one else thinks that. anyone who is anyone has over 100 posts right?

Charles Wirth
06-24-2003, 02:37 PM
No, recent events took place where someone registered on this forum just to sell stuff. He was selling crushed cores and crap, we need to protect the member base from other people doing the same thing. This was not done to encourage more posting, It was done to prevent scam artists from seperating you from your hard earned cash.

If you see someone selling something and do not have a 100 post count, please PM that person and have them go over stuff being sold. Gives you a chance to ask more questions and get more facts.

Ruantic
06-24-2003, 02:47 PM
I think its a good rule myself, it has always annoyed me when someone registers on a board just to spam some stuff for sale, or to ask a single question, and is never heard from again. The 100 post rule also saves me the trouble of screening possible items to buy, I won't consider buying something from a post here unless its either someone I know or they have a few good posts... Hats off to the admins here for having the insight to implement the rule, and caring enough about there members...

JBELL
06-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ruantic
I think its a good rule myself, it has always annoyed me when someone registers on a board just to spam some stuff for sale, or to ask a single question, and is never heard from again. The 100 post rule also saves me the trouble of screening possible items to buy, I won't consider buying something from a post here unless its either someone I know or they have a few good posts... Hats off to the admins here for having the insight to implement the rule, and caring enough about there members...

Thanks for the support... but sadly people will alway complain abou tthe rule and see it unfair and it is those who merely window shop.

EQuito
06-24-2003, 08:18 PM
you have 189 posts at this point what difference does it make to you?? 100 posts is nothing! I appreciate you're looking out for us all and you're right, it doesn't make any difference to me but considering the high level of expertise around here even a new member with decent computer experience will have a hard time posting 100 times just to sell or buy something unless they resort to spam.

btw: I'm not complaining, I'm just afraid we could be missing on great deals from decent people that find posting 100 times a bit too much, that's all...

Cheers! :)

Johnny Knoxvill
06-25-2003, 01:11 AM
it feels a lot more comfortable knowing that people need to get to 100 posts before selling stuff
btw, i hope you like my new avatar :p:

Tweaked!
06-25-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Knoxvill
it feels a lot more comfortable knowing that people need to get to 100 posts before selling stuff
btw, i hope you like my new avatar :p:

JK, I like the the avatar, it fits you well.;) :p:

I personally won't buy anything from someone that hasn't been around here for quite a while. I'm more cautious than all that with my money. So I'm all for the rule, it gives our troll hunters time to research the peeps, available posts from them from which to see how they act, if they seem shady right from the start they have no business even being here. We're not interested in catering to that type of crowd.

JBELL
06-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by EQuito
I appreciate you're looking out for us all and you're right, it doesn't make any difference to me but considering the high level of expertise around here even a new member with decent computer experience will have a hard time posting 100 times just to sell or buy something unless they resort to spam.

Cheers! :)

and we are to know their expertise and trustworthyness how??? oh yeah... 100 quality posts. it is not hard.

DR. YT
06-25-2003, 07:28 AM
guys plz leave jbell alone this is like the one hundreth post ive seen complaints about the 100 post rule. its a good thing espesaly with all the new members coming in as of late. so just live with it if you are a good member and stick with 100 posts is not a difficult thing to acheive and this is for everyones good. in closing this post is not ment to piss on the complainers eather just to remind every one that the mods here are good people and are here for your benifit. @ mods\admins wtg guys keep it up. :toast:

slayher
06-25-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm glad the admins are looking out for us.. but look at me I have been a member now since Oct 2002... I just dont choose to put my 2 cents in on everyones posts, so now my post count isnt very high, and even though I have conducted several good deals, I'm not post happy enough. Now i have to be post happy so i dont miss out on the great deals on all the tried and tested overclocked parts... Oh well...
slayher

slayher
06-25-2003, 11:26 AM
oh yeah one more thing... I think the biggest deal about this is that it was a sudden unannouced change. If the site would have always had this policy then i dont think anyone would have said a thing...

Woot 79 posts now :)

slayher

JBELL
06-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by slayher
oh yeah one more thing... I think the biggest deal about this is that it was a sudden unannouced change. If the site would have always had this policy then i dont think anyone would have said a thing...

Woot 79 posts now :)

slayher

how bout no... the hack was talked about for almost a year... nor is it necessary to announce all changes being made...

slayher
06-25-2003, 05:42 PM
well, i didnt mean to imply you had to tell every one about every change, and i dont mean to piss you off, i back your decision completely. i just meant you may not have gotten the reaction you have so far...

JBELL
06-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by slayher
well, i didnt mean to imply you had to tell every one about every change, and i dont mean to piss you off, i back your decision completely. i just meant you may not have gotten the reaction you have so far...

I'm not pissed I knew threads would pop about the hack so its all good ;)

Attitudx
06-26-2003, 08:17 AM
jbell i think you just enjoy conflict LMAO LOL hehe

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Attitudx

seemes that way huh. go get em jb;)

JBELL
06-26-2003, 09:08 AM

only when people fail to see what we do here is ONLY in their best interests in mind.

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 09:17 AM
kinda like banging your head aganst a wall to kill the head ach you've got.

what do i need to change my member status 1000 posts right?

JBELL
06-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Xtreme Recruit (Minimum Posts: 0)
Xtreme Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
Xtreme Addict (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Xtreme Mentor (Minimum Posts: 2500)
Xtreme Guru (Minimum Posts: 3500)
I am Xtreme (Minimum Posts: 4500)

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
but what about the custom ones?

JBELL
06-26-2003, 09:43 AM
they are staff or have donated towards the site somehow... special requests are always considered.

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 09:44 AM
ok thnx.

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 10:13 AM
ok well heres a request to consider ive recently had a couple people ask me what my name means so could you change my name to Dr.yt and put xtremely pale under it? if not no biggy:)

Attitudx
06-26-2003, 10:17 AM
interesting i didnt see minimum post requirements for extreme azzclown??? interesting hmmm hehe

DR. YT
06-26-2003, 10:27 AM
word dude thnx. i like it.

antipop
06-27-2003, 01:52 AM
interesting i didnt see minimum post requirements for extreme azzclown??? interesting hmmm hehe That is given with the premium membership to the ghey bar :D:stick:

Johnny Knoxvill
06-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by DR. YT
but what about the custom ones?

change your avatar to david :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and your title will change to "Xtreme Ghey" for free :cool:

CCW
06-27-2003, 09:40 PM
I Love the mouse cord but Xtreme Mentor would be nice :D

although im more of an individual with "Loves the Mouse Cord"

mccompunerd
06-28-2003, 03:02 AM
yeah, i like the whole 100 posts thing... was a bit surprising, but it's good to know that y'all are keeping an eye out for us :D
and, uh... *ahem* postcount++ :p:

Attitudx
06-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Antipop
That is given with the premium membership to the ghey bar

Oh yeah i forgot:banana:

dafatguy
07-15-2003, 06:53 PM
This is whack i bout a lot of stuff and cant buy no more just because i dont post a lot. geez

JBELL
07-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dafatguy
This is whack i bout a lot of stuff and cant buy no more just because i dont post a lot. geez

rules are rules live with it... they are there to protect you from trolls...

NOS2stage
07-26-2003, 12:44 AM
to funny bell, only reason i come around here is looking for good deals from opp, looks like my time here is done, cya

antipop
07-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by NOS2stage
to funny bell, only reason i come around here is looking for good deals from opp, looks like my time here is done, cya It's too bad for you because the sell/buy section isn't the most interesting part of the forum

JBELL
07-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by NOS2stage
to funny bell, only reason i come around here is looking for good deals from opp, looks like my time here is done, cya

Door is always open... and I never once seen you buy from him, window shopper?

shogan191
08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Well it happens I was just browsing through here looking for someplace to post 4 commments so I could look inthe for Sale section. ...

JBELL
08-07-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by shogan191
Well it happens I was just browsing through here looking for someplace to post 4 commments so I could look inthe for Sale section. ...

and spamming will get those removed and if bad enough banned from sales anyways.:stick:

AcEmAsTr
08-13-2003, 06:05 PM
i think the 100 post limit is a great idea, on ebay someone attempted to scam me, joined same day too, if they had 10 positive feedback, would they have done it? most likely answer is no, so i say keep the post count and just wait a little while to get your post count up, its really no big deal tbh

Chadly
08-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I've been a member here how long?
I've contributed how many points to the folding team?

I'm upset, but just short of getting very angry. I ask that whoever has the power to do such things, grants me access to whatever forums may be restricted by post count. If this isn't possible, then perhaps it's possible to manually raise my post count to 100. I'm not gonna spam the boards to get my count up.

I've never bought or sold anything through the forums here, but I've browsed often, and was planning on selling off my current rig when I upgrade again this fall.

Let me know if this is a possibility,

-Chad

JBELL
08-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Chadly
I've been a member here how long?
I've contributed how many points to the folding team?

I'm upset, but just short of getting very angry. I ask that whoever has the power to do such things, grants me access to whatever forums may be restricted by post count. If this isn't possible, then perhaps it's possible to manually raise my post count to 100. I'm not gonna spam the boards to get my count up.

I've never bought or sold anything through the forums here, but I've browsed often, and was planning on selling off my current rig when I upgrade again this fall.

Let me know if this is a possibility,

-Chad

First sorry you feel that way, secondly ...you are here a long time but dont post much... a troll can register and sit on the name to say hey i've been here 'X' time now... I am not calling a troll please understand that. But 54 posts is not enough to know who you are, I make the calls on classifieds access, after consulting the admin staff. the classifieds hack was debated, argued, researched and discussed for over a year. We knew these responses would happen. LEt me say I want all to have access, but not at the cost of security. Spam my threads and they will be deleted and you keep spamming I will ban permenant access to the classfieds by modifing your forums masks. I will not raise anyones post count, I will not allow any manual manipulation of post counts and I will not tolerate spam! classifieds are earned by quality posts not by sheer luck of time of joining.

sorry.

xtremesystems.org and the staff must be absolute on this rule, if we let you through we must be fair and let everyone in... no exceptions.

JBELL

AcEmAsTr
08-17-2003, 02:05 PM
First sorry you feel that way, secondly ...you are here a long time but dont post much... a troll can register and sit on the name to say hey i've been here 'X' time now... I am not calling a troll please understand that. But 54 posts is not enough to know who you are, I make the calls on classifieds access, after consulting the admin staff. the classifieds hack was debated, argued, researched and discussed for over a year. We knew these responses would happen. LEt me say I want all to have access, but not at the cost of security. Spam my threads and they will be deleted and you keep spamming I will ban permenant access to the classfieds by modifing your forums masks. I will not raise anyones post count, I will not allow any manual manipulation of post counts and I will not tolerate spam! classifieds are earned by quality posts not by sheer luck of time of joining.

sorry.

xtremesystems.org and the staff must be absolute on this rule, if we let you through we must be fair and let everyone in... no exceptions.

JBELL

Very well said, people really need to understand that not many people have a problem with it and are all for it, in other words, deal with it and keep on posting!!!!! :banana:

Chadly
08-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Well, I thought about this, and my first response was a big "screw you". Not out of rage or not being able to understand the rule, but my reasoning was such; I do not keep locked doors inside my home, so why should there be locked doors in my internet home? I shut down my folding rigs and starting thinking "whats next".

Another few days go by, and while I still do not agree with the rule, I can understand it. I am not leaving, and I am not responding with aforementioned "screw you". This isn't the way I would run things, but hey, I'm not running the place. I still don't intend to spam all over the place to get my count up, but I do still plan on selling my rig in a few months. I will continue as always, and I hope that by then I will have gained permission to the classifieds, so that other XS members can have first crack at any of my stuff.

Not that I really make a big impact here, or that anyone truly cares whether I stay or go, but I felt the need to at least finish my thoughts from the previous post. Thanks for hearing me out.

-Chad

JBELL
08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Chadly
Well, I thought about this, and my first response was a big "screw you". Not out of rage or not being able to understand the rule, but my reasoning was such; I do not keep locked doors inside my home, so why should there be locked doors in my internet home? I shut down my folding rigs and starting thinking "whats next".

Another few days go by, and while I still do not agree with the rule, I can understand it. I am not leaving, and I am not responding with aforementioned "screw you". This isn't the way I would run things, but hey, I'm not running the place. I still don't intend to spam all over the place to get my count up, but I do still plan on selling my rig in a few months. I will continue as always, and I hope that by then I will have gained permission to the classifieds, so that other XS members can have first crack at any of my stuff.

Not that I really make a big impact here, or that anyone truly cares whether I stay or go, but I felt the need to at least finish my thoughts from the previous post. Thanks for hearing me out.

-Chad

Well thanks for understanding .. kinda

I do not want to impose post count requirements, but I more so do not want my valued members and co-users of this fine forum to get screwed over by a troll.. we offer this site and all information at no cost - unless you count blown up hardware lol. and the classifieds is a hard thing to have, maintain and justify... let alone police. the rule is not to keep everyone out it is to help obtain records of users on here so if something bad happens - there can be recourse to take legally. You want insurance on your new car dont you when you buy it? Or a nice warrenty from the store if it breaks? Why not a way to track down a troll?

AMD Fan
09-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes this is a good rule. Keeps the site from being spamed with
junk. I cannot look yet but it will be worth the wait and I like the
idea of just not anyone can post adds I prefer REAL forum
members whom are looking for fair trades ect. Thanks

x-kid
09-21-2003, 06:51 PM
yea i think it's fair. it's a rule so we should respect it. i don't have even close to the 100 but i'm ok with it.