PDA

View Full Version : 360 New Owner Questions.

yaddam205
06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
I will be getting a 360 Elite next Friday and I have a few questions:

1. What games are a must have? (not a fan of FPS on console)

2. Is the headset that comes in the box a POS? (I was told be friends it was)

3. What is a good cooling accessory for the 360?

Thanks in advance.

Terryb47
06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Well I've never been a console FPS fan myself, but you really can't neglect the fact that some of the best 360 games are fps or shooters.

My favorite 360 games are (not in order):

- Lost Planet (especially online)
- Dead Rising
- Virtua Tennis 3
- Gears of War
- Splinter Cell 4
- GRAW2 (especially online)
- Crackdown (great fun even if you're not into GTA games like me)
- The Darkness
and there's plenty of games that are 'classic' that you can pick up cheap

The headset is decent, never had problems with it.

Not too sure about cooling device, I've been thinking about watercooling my 360, but I really don't have space for the external pump/rad thing.

Hope this helps :)

afireinside
07-01-2007, 01:25 PM
The headset is kinda junky but you won't get better. XBL audio quality is awful.

You don't need extra cooling. The elite is fine on it's own.

You absolutely MUST play crackdown if you ever even remotely liked GTA. It takes the concept to a whole new level. It's straightforward and pretty easy to beat but being able to jump 35 feet over rooftops is just FUN!

Gears of War is another must play. Short but certainly sweet.

yaddam205
07-01-2007, 10:28 PM
The headset is kinda junky but you won't get better. XBL audio quality is awful.

You don't need extra cooling. The elite is fine on it's own.

You absolutely MUST play crackdown if you ever even remotely liked GTA. It takes the concept to a whole new level. It's straightforward and pretty easy to beat but being able to jump 35 feet over rooftops is just FUN!

Gears of War is another must play. Short but certainly sweet.

I hear that about crackdown, I was told "it's like GTA on steroids" and it sounded interesting.

Has any played "Overlord" it looks excellent.

true3021
07-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeh you don't need extra cooling. But make sure you don't have anything blocking the air inlets so it may over heat! Also keep your xbox horizontal on a hard surface preferably not carpet. One mistake i made was i flipped my xbox from vertical to horizontal whilst it was one, the disc jumped out of its tray and rattled around inside and it was broken!!!!

Best games I think are

rainbow six vegas - try it out it might persuade you to liking fps
oblivion is a must for any rpg fan
dead rising - fun
saints row or crackdown are both similar to gta if you liked that
test drive unlimited is great if you like driving games and cars.
table tennis is also a great game, brilliant when you have friends over and its quite cheap now!

1badhabit
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
You guys are forgeting all the awesome Xbox Live Arcade games!! If your into old games back from atari, sega, etc. They have a pretty good selection, bummer part is...... You have to buy Microsoft Points to purchase them. Oh, all those Arcade games are mulitplayer, so you can play TNMT with 3 other people you dont even know.

Starscream
07-14-2007, 09:31 AM
yaddam205;2285022']

Has any played "Overlord" it looks excellent.

only get it if its totaly cheap.
i got Overlord on the PC and both PC and xbox360 got bugs but the xbox bugs are more annoying and controls on xbox seem to suck also.

Overlord was a great idea that they managed to screw up.

i could give an entire story about whats wrong with it but then it would turn to much into a review.
lets just say that its to much of a small closed world and that i have the sincer impression that it was ment for the old xbox.

yaddam205
07-14-2007, 09:51 AM
You guys are forgeting all the awesome Xbox Live Arcade games!! If your into old games back from atari, sega, etc. They have a pretty good selection, bummer part is...... You have to buy Microsoft Points to purchase them. Oh, all those Arcade games are mulitplayer, so you can play TNMT with 3 other people you dont even know.

I did find a few classics I liked, however I think Microsoft's strong point is the new independent games on there. I've spent hours playing HeXic HD and Geometry Wars.

only get it if its totaly cheap.
i got Overlord on the PC and both PC and xbox360 got bugs but the xbox bugs are more annoying and controls on xbox seem to suck also.

Overlord was a great idea that they managed to screw up.

i could give an entire story about whats wrong with it but then it would turn to much into a review.
lets just say that its to much of a small closed world and that i have the sincer impression that it was ment for the old xbox.

I have overlord now I am about 2 hours into it and I can see where the controller scheme has it's major flaws however the voice acting in there is absoluter gold and the I do enjoy the game play.

Starscream
07-14-2007, 11:41 AM
yaddam205;2308622']I did find a few classics I liked, however I think Microsoft's strong point is the new independent games on there. I've spent hours playing HeXic HD and Geometry Wars.

I have overlord now I am about 2 hours into it and I can see where the controller scheme has it's major flaws however the voice acting in there is absoluter gold and the I do enjoy the game play.

yeha the first 2 or 3 hours were fun but then came the backtracking, the times i got lost (no ingame map) and the huge potential this game had that didnt get used.

When i originally heard of Overlord i was hoping for a game that was more like Dungeon keeper (they should have doen more with the stronghold of the Overlord).
I was hoping for a game with a huge free world (like morrowind and oblivion).
A few dozen small or big towns that you could terrorize and could force to follow your flag etc.

in the end the game dissapointed me cause of all the things that it wasnt.

but i do agree that the voice acting is good specialy the minions.
The villagers are pretty ungratefull they keep insulting me and insulting my minions, i shouldnt have given them back their food.

yaddam205
07-14-2007, 11:47 AM
The villagers are pretty ungratefull they keep insulting me and insulting my minions, i shouldnt have given them back their food.

I took the food and then began to slaughter the villagers. Now they bow before me. MUUHHHAAA MUHAAAA HA. :devil:

jabski
07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
if your using a HDTV then flatout 2 looks great. Also Gears of war is a must. All the EA titles get there 08 badge over the next few months so wait for them for sports games

yaddam205
07-15-2007, 01:26 AM
if your using a HDTV then flatout 2 looks great. Also Gears of war is a must. All the EA titles get there 08 badge over the next few months so wait for them for sports games

I have that for PC, however I read FlatOut "Ultimate Carnage" is going to be a 360 exclusive and it looks to be just as much fun as 2.

MaxxxRacer
07-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Kameo !!! One of my favorite games on any system. Its like the mario for 360 but 1000 times better.

Gears of war is alot of fun, but its hard to play at times due to the fact that its still kinda an FPS.

another one is "Saints Row". I bought it a while ago but havnt played it due to the fact that I dont have a proper HD set. (Dell 2407WFP-HC on its way)

2. the headset sucks.

3. dont bother getting extra cooling.

Grinch
07-15-2007, 05:41 AM
The Darkness is pretty fun on 360...

vengance_01
07-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I am the same way, but Gears OF War, and Rainbow Six Vegas are must haves. Personally I love the cover and third person prespective in Vegas. Everything fells like you are there. Visuals are great and sounds are fantastic. HDTV+5.1 makes for a very very good game. Its sad, but I am slowly moving away from PC gaming in favor on consoles.

Grinch
07-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I am the same way, but Gears OF War, and Rainbow Six Vegas are must haves. Personally I love the cover and third person prespective in Vegas. Everything fells like you are there. Visuals are great and sounds are fantastic. HDTV+5.1 makes for a very very good game. Its sad, but I am slowly moving away from PC gaming in favor on consoles.

even though I do love playing my games in HD w/5.1 etc...I will favor PC games 1st..because this is where it all started...:up:

RAW-Raptor22
07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
I love my 360, and you should too. COD2 on system link is amazing.